mtbr member
    Oct 2011

New question here. Where to buy Exposure 2012 lights

Hello,

I was wondering, all I see is the 2011 lights from Exposure in the USA. Even from IBEX. Does anyone know when and / where the 2012 lights will fill the channel?

- Roger

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I also have another question for the roadies out there. Would you get the Diablo or the Strada for the handlebar mount? I ride one handlebar and one helmet and would go with a Diablo for the helmet, just wondering which one for the handlebar as the Strada is more expensive for less light.

- Roger

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Welcome to the boards Roger.

In the UK, the 2012 line is up and running. The Exposure dealers outside of that might not have updated their websites. IME especially with latest product availability it is best to contact a particular vendor to see if they have stock on hand. It is very common for there to be a lapse in info presented online.

No personal experience with Exposure lights unfortunately. My neighbor who is an avid roadie is a huge fan though due to power source being internal. He has a Diablo on the bars and a Spark on the helmet. I believe both are 2011 models.

Francois is putting together the 2012 light review complete with beam shots. It is stickied at the beginning of this forum. A lot of great info.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Yep, I have been reading them as they are posted. I have been a NiteRider fan for a decade, but I will be doing a lot more riding at night in the Bay Area this winter to work out and am looking to upgrade over my old HID lights. For me, it says a lot that the person who can try out all of these lights first hand choose Exposure. I didn't like them at first as anything larger than the diablo looked too big for its bracket and the 6pack took 24 hours to recharge. However, after looking at my needs, the diablo on the helmet and either a diablo or a strata on the bars is the way I want to go. There are cheaper alternatives, but these lights seem to work.

- Roger

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Check pg 2 on the Ibex site

The 2012 lights have been available on the IBEX site for several weeks. I know as I have been checking the IBEX site off and on looking fo a deal on blem or demo unit 2012 MaxxD mk.4. I did this last year when I bought a 2011 Diablo (very nice by the way). For whatever reason, the 2012 stuff starts on the second page after you click "Shop Online". (I don't have enough posts to post a link)

-Nutball

SS XC Junkie
    I bought a 2011 Diablo and Maax D from Ibex. I am extremely (no pun intended) pleased with them. I used the Diablo on my helmet the other day on a road ride. The roadies were blown away by how bright it was even on the lowest setting. I ran with it on my helmet because the way my bars are (flat with internal cables), I have no where to mount a light on the bar. The Diablo worked awesome. I put the mount on my helmet and got it all setup. I then put the light in my pocket (it snaps in and out of the helmet mount.) When it started getting dark I reached in my pocket and put it on the helmet. The wind drag was not an issue even at 27mph.

With that said, I'm so excited about these lights I wanted another MaxD. I ended up getting a 2012 Toro mk3 from Wiggle. They had 20% off and free shipping for all orders over $100 so that brought the price down even further.

I thought the Maxd was going to be too big and bulky but I got it anyways. It verges on the "to big" factor but the mount is surprisingly stable and the unit as a whole is very good! I think the toro will be even better because it's smaller size.

mtbr member
    Just bought the 2012 Diablo and 6 Pack from Ibex last week. I'm extremely impressed with the lights. The only issue was a bad charger which they promptly replaced. Wireless is the way to go...

SS XC Junkie
    Noticed a 10% discount promo code from Ibex on Exposure lights. SAVE10

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Try CRC.... good pricing although a lot of stuff seems to be out of stock at the moment.

EXPOSURE | Buy Now at ChainReactionCycles.com

GMM
    mtbr member
    I bought a 2012 Exposure Diablo from Ibex 3 weeks ago. Great light. I am very happy with my purchase. I also bought the single cell piggy back. It mounts on the back of my helmet very easily and is nice when I want insurance or a little additional run time.

WAWE
    Jan 2004
    If you're in the USA, I would caution against purchasing from CRC as there is no warranty... buy direct from Ibex for primo support.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch View Post
    Try CRC.... good pricing although a lot of stuff seems to be out of stock at the moment.

EXPOSURE | Buy Now at ChainReactionCycles.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    @dontheclysdale - Thanks for the coupon! Will save me almost $100.

Also, does anyone know if the Flash and Flare will be updated for 2012? All I see are the 2011 versions. I have written to Exposure Customer service, but like most British companies, they sure take their time answering questions, if they answer them at all.

- Roger

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    @aosty - What do you mean there is no warranty? Their prices are so much better than Ibex, it would be nice to buy from them.

WAWE
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Huston View Post
    @aosty - What do you mean there is no warranty? Their prices are so much better than Ibex, it would be nice to buy from them.
    Sorry, I should've clarified... purchasing from CRC is essentially a "gray market" sale and is supplied with a UK warranty and UK power adapter/charger (not a big deal). However, if you need service or support, you will have to deal with CRC or Exposure directly (in the UK). Ibex is the USA distributor and they only support lights purchased direct or from a authorized USA dealer.

The coupon code posted above narrows the savings gap... not to mention the cost of the plug adapter and potential hassles.

There's been other discussion threads on this: Chain Reaction/Exposure lights.