• 03-20-2014
    OmaHaq
    What Do You Do With Old Lights?
    I have been running a MiNewt 120-ish (can't even remember exactly) for over 3 years. It's been a very reliable light, however I purchased some newer technology last week. Thus the old MiNewt is going bye-bye.

What do you guys do with your old lights?
    ** I already have good headlamps.
    ** It isn't worth anything so reselling it isn't worth the trouble.
    ** It's almost too good to give away.

??
  • 03-20-2014
    mtnbykr©™
    I use my old nr hid on my snowblower....

give them to somebody to try out. loaner lights.
  • 03-20-2014
    blackbean
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OmaHaq View Post
    I have been running a MiNewt 120-ish (can't even remember exactly) for over 3 years. It's been a very reliable light, however I purchased some newer technology last week. Thus the old MiNewt is going bye-bye.

What do you guys do with your old lights?
    ** I already have good headlamps.
    ** It isn't worth anything so reselling it isn't worth the trouble.
    ** It's almost too good to give away.

??

I'm at a point where I just give them away.

However, the Minewt will always be a nice flashlight. I bought a 600 2 years ago and gave the 250 to my Uncle. I use it all the time when I go out to the garage or let our dogs out at night.
  • 03-20-2014
    SlimL
    Everything that I get rid of goes to the Salvation Army. 98% of all their donations are use for charity. The guy that runs it gets less then $20K a year. They are the best. Slim
  • 03-21-2014
    scar
    No need to buy a new light.........
    if you own one of my Amoeba lights. I can upgrade any light purchased from me over the last 6 years to the latest and greatest LEDs and reflectors that I am using for a nominal fee. :thumbsup:

• 03-21-2014
    Forster
    I always find someone who is commuting in the dark and gift them the light. Is it the latest and greatest, nope. Is it better than what they had? That's all I care about. I'm also pretty likely to buy a helmet once or twice a year for a kid without one. I know my helmet has saved me a time or two and my son has a scarred helmet rather than a scarred face, so $25 bucks at target or walmartland is a small donation to the cause.
  • 03-21-2014
    cue003
    I keep them for around the house use so I can leave lights in various places and can keep them all charged.