Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
    mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    What surprises me is that some people don't seem to understand that when buying cloned lamps that nothing is set in stone. If you want something more concrete you buy a brand name lamp. Why do you think when the Yinding came out they were referred to as "Duo" clones? Didn't surprise me at all when the internal design was changed.
    basically this

some maker in china will tool up and produce 10,000 units and sell them and wait for another order

times goes by and returns come in, replacements go out

the maker then figures rework the returns and slap into the next 10,000 run. and continue to cut costs and cut costs forever.

only if a buyer demands quality and pays a premium will the maker put more effort in a production run, otherwise the lights start out as 'pretty good' and as time goes by they get diluted with junk. scraps get picked up by third parties and resold perpetually, including failed laptop battery packs which are reinvented into 3x and 4x18650 light battery packs.

you get what you pay for and the retail price for 'big name lights' is about market value for well constructed, tested, QC'ed, proper light systems. DX, alibaba, etc is the opposite end of the spectrum. chinese lights can be a total money saver but you cannot nor should you ever expect them to last long. always be prepared to mcguyver it, to keep it alive....or just order more cheap replacements periodically (what I am doing...sometimes you land on a light that really does it all for very lo bucks)

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Has anybody tried this one? At least it looks interesting but how the quality is i don`t know...

New Generation XM L2 X2 CREE LED Bike Bicycle Light Headlight Cycling 5000LM | eBay

mtbr member

Re: User review: YINDING YD-2XU2 (Gemini Duo clone)

Quote Originally Posted by Belse View Post
    Has anybody tried this one? At least it looks interesting but how the quality is i don`t know...

New Generation XM L2 X2 CREE LED Bike Bicycle Light Headlight Cycling 5000LM | eBay
    Here are some threads on this light:
    New cheapo Chinese LED bike lights 2014 - please post info/link/review link here :)
    New 2x XML-2 on lightmalls
    Last edited by TiGeo; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:55 AM.
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Just want to share the results on my Chinese Roulette Game. Placed an order on: Waterproof 2300LM 2X CREE XM L U2 LED Bicycle Light Rotatable Bike Light & 8.4V 4400mAh Rechargeable Battery Pack & Charger-in Bicycle Light from Sports & Entertainment on Aliexpress.com Got a totally different thing.

Did not get the Yinding (as described), but another one from SecurityIng. Did not test it yet on the trails but it does look good. Neutral White indeed; 10 stepless mode and CE certification. Was afraid I would have to pay more when shipping it to Portugal, but did not because it was sent from Netherlands apparently and because it had CE all over the package. I don't have much to say right now, so please take a look at the pictures.

mtbr member
    I'd unscrew the mount and see if it's sealed under there. It isn't the model shown on alibaba with the front screws and the cable exiting separately with what looks like a waterproof fitting. The lightmalls clone had a barely water resistant (if at all) fitting that held the mount and cable.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I'm not home right now, but will definitely open it up (also because I'll be using vancbiker's GoPro adapter). I'm just waiting for some other parts and the SS X2 before buying it from him...

mtbr member

User review: YINDING YD-2XU2 (Gemini Duo clone)

My yinding looks ok although the ano is scratched and it's missing orings to help keep the water out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member

User review: YINDING YD-2XU2 (Gemini Duo clone)

http://youtu.be/aut4Ntx6F2s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Hi all I like to make my Yinding more of a spotlight as it on my lid. I looked at DX not that I like using them at Lens.

I don't know what size of plastic bits are I have in unit. Anyone changed got a link please.

mtbr member
    I'm not sure what the size is, but I would check out LED DNA. TIP - Use coupon code BLF15 for 15% off your order. (I've purchased some of the XM-L optics which are currently $0.40/ea (not the $1.00 ones). Of course if these optics aren't the right size then this info is no good to you.

-Garry

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    This is the one you want for a spot. You have to remove the white plastic bit for them to fit. I have bought and used the 10, 45 and 60 degree lenses from there and they work great to customize your beam pattern.

10 Degree 21mm Reflector Collimator LED Lens For Cree XML XM-L LED - LEDDNA

mtbr member
    I have a little project going on for which I will be taking comparison photos of different optics with a single XM-L2 and posting over at BLF. I can PM you the link when I get it posted. I do think the 10degree ones are what you want. And I would imagine somebody has posted beamshots comparing the different optics here on MTBR somewhere.
    -Garry

mtbr member

Found a great home for my Yinding....my road bike! Works great. Now that it is dark when I leave for mid-week rides.User review: YINDING YD-2XU2 (Gemini Duo clone)-uploadfromtaptalk1410438723847.jpg
    Last edited by TiGeo; 3 Days Ago at 09:51 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Anyone compare the Yinding to the Securitylng light? Thinking about getting one of these and the Securitylng is available on Amazon for $38 with free 2 day shipping. If the performance of the Amazon light is similiar to the Yinding I'll go with that one just for the quick shipping. Also easier to return it if there's a problem. I could care less about waterproofing. I don't ride in the rain.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Garrybunk & Robs31 thanks for URL and code I now odder new lens
    mm may get another Yinding but like the look of the Ultrabright 3*Cree XM-L2 5-Mode what MK 96 posted.
    Last edited by Smoke&Lasers; 4 Days Ago at 04:22 AM. Reason: don't know why there URl in post!

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by slsl123 View Post
    Anyone compare the Yinding to the Securitylng light? Thinking about getting one of these and the Securitylng is available on Amazon for $38 with free 2 day shipping. If the performance of the Amazon light is similiar to the Yinding I'll go with that one just for the quick shipping. Also easier to return it if there's a problem. I could care less about waterproofing. I don't ride in the rain.
    Someone above had posted on the Securitying version.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8