Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mark__gti View Post
    What makes you think that the DX ones are the original?
    Because I have one early from DX and another friend is getting it soon from DX so I will be able to confirm/deny that DX still sells the first "original" good batch.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bhocewar View Post
    Just got the second version from Wallbuys. Compared to my first version this one is not worth the money.

Connectors are not Magicshine compatible (DC 5,5X2,5 instead of DC 5,5X2,1)
    Poorly waterproof
    bad battery
    some second hand plastic mount (it doesnt even fit the light body)
    bad assembly.

Acctualy all the things that made first Yinding so great are now bad, very bad.

The only positive thing: the second version got xml2 leds.

I think only DX sells original Yindings...will that confirm in a few weeks.
    holy crap !!!!! that blows. the 'original' so to speak is the shiznat for low bux light. can't believe it is getting crapped-up (well I can believe it but daymn!)

agu
    mtbr member
    Darnit I just ordered a set from Wallbuys. Oh well will report on the lottery result when they get here.

mtbr member
    I ordered one also

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I recieved mine yesterday from Fasttech. It is also has the substandard mount and connectors! The mount wasn't too much of a problem as I ordered a Hope QR mount. The lens are flat across the face. Other than those common flaws with this version of the light the body looks very nice and to be of a good quality. I haven't yet had the opportunity to open it and have a look inside nor have i tested it outside yet.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    My fast tech one had the good click in connectors my wallbuys one has the crapy connectors they seam like mis match everywhere

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I wrote Fasttech about the cheap connectors. They told me to send photos and offered a replacement set of connectors. I will keep you guys posted.

When I ordered mine, there were none to be found anywhere. I had to wait for new stock to arrive. I'm thinking this is the factory rushing to fill orders and using whatever they could get fast and cheap

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by agu View Post
    Darnit I just ordered a set from Wallbuys. Oh well will report on the lottery result when they get here.
    Don't hold your breath. I ordered one on Dec 9. All it shows is "acceptance" on the Swisspost tracking site. Now that I've asked them for a refund, they've gone silent. I just disputed it on my MC. This makes me 0 for 2 (Fasttech couldn't get one through the mail either).

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by robs31 View Post
    This is exactly why I went with this one. Like with any chinese lamp, you roll the dice and hope you don't get snake eyes. I'm currently in negotiations with the seller to recoup some of my loss.
    So I was able to get a partial refund that I was satisfied with. I used a little high temp silicone to hold things in place and we'll see how long that lasts.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    My Fasttech Yinding showed up today after about a month. I am letting it run down the battery now on low (case is warmish to the touch, ambient temp about 65*F). Looks pretty good, beam pattern is nice. Only thing I noticed is that a 4-cell pack shipped with an 8.4V charger, so I may use my 7.2 from other Chinese lights for this pack. I think it will be nice as a headlamp, coupled with my MS clones (1X and 5X 50mm housings) and my NiteRider Storm HID (still alive and kicking). With all that light in the snow I'm like a 1-man beacon.

Hopefully I will test all of the lights on Thursday night, if anything interesting happens, like a light explodes, NSA satellite tracks me, or I run out of talent and crash, I will post it here.

mtbr member
    I ordered mine on December 18 from FastTech and got it on the 6th on Jan. I ended up making my own mount from a Gopro mount. It is nice and sturdy and will go in the same place as my GoPro. All you have to do is a little cutting with a dremel and it works perfectly. Nice secure fit and easily adjustable.

Mine looks fine and works great. I plan on getting my nice R/C charger from home to charge the battery. It will do a better job than the cheapo wall charger.

User review: YINDING YD-2XU2 (Gemini Duo clone)-p4pb10485645.jpg

User review: YINDING YD-2XU2 (Gemini Duo clone)-p4pb10485646.jpg

Mine also has the cheaper mount on it, but I did not care about that since I planned on making my own from the get-go. The connector is a bit different than the OP, but seems to stay together just fine. If I have issues, I will use one from my R/C's.

-Brett

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockli Boy View Post
    Only thing I noticed is that a 4-cell pack shipped with an 8.4V charger, so I may use my 7.2 from other Chinese lights for this pack.
    Most of the lithium-ion batteries like 18650 which are used in this bike lights have nominal voltage of 3.6V-3.7V some call this also a storage voltage but when you charge them (let say you have 18650 cells and you charge them with Nitecore i4 charger) the will be charged to exactly 4.2V. All lithium-ion 18650 batteries are charged to 4.2V, and since you have 2S2P (2 serial 2 parallel) that will give you 8.4V, so when you fully charge this battery pack it has to have 8.4V @ output otherwise something is wrong with the cells inside the bat.pack.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius9 View Post
    Most of the lithium-ion batteries like 18650 which are used in this bike lights have nominal voltage of 3.6V-3.7V some call this also a storage voltage but when you charge them (let say you have 18650 cells and you charge them with Nitecore i4 charger) the will be charged to exactly 4.2V. All lithium-ion 18650 batteries are charged to 4.2V, and since you have 2S2P (2 serial 2 parallel) that will give you 8.4V, so when you fully charge this battery pack it has to have 8.4V @ output otherwise something is wrong with the cells inside the bat.pack.
    Thanks. I'll charge it tonight and check the voltage. I've read enough on this board to not trust the chargers or batteries much farther than I can fart them, so I have been dropping the batteries into an ammo can while charging. I let the light sit on my bench for over an hour last night on the low setting to drain the battery, it never got past warm-to-the-touch, and I used it again this morning for an hour while plowing. I have to say that the beam pattern is pretty smooth and fades nicely at the edges, I am not a fan of sharp cut-off.

All my faucets is Moen.
    Quote Originally Posted by GJHS View Post
    I wrote Fasttech about the cheap connectors. They told me to send photos and offered a replacement set of connectors. I will keep you guys posted.
    The crappy connector is shown in the photo on their website. The first image shows how the male end cannot be inserted completely into the female end.
    $51.02 YINDING 2*Cree XM-L U2 4-Mode 1800-Lumen White LED Bike Light / Headlamp - 1*battery pack (4*18650 / 4400mAh / 2S2P) / US plug at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

mtbr member
    Sep 2013

which one is Genuine

so is there anyone compare the light from fasttech and wallbuys ? which one is Genuine?
    Last edited by Relic38; 01-08-2014 at 10:31 PM. Reason: type wrong

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyjack View Post
    Don't hold your breath. I ordered one on Dec 9. All it shows is "acceptance" on the Swisspost tracking site. Now that I've asked them for a refund, they've gone silent. I just disputed it on my MC. This makes me 0 for 2 (Fasttech couldn't get one through the mail either).
    My Wallbuys clone finally arrived yesterday, only took 37 days

The fittings and screws are nice and tight, and the cables do fit my MagicShine battery connectors. I gave it a charge last night and neither the battery or the charger showed any signs of overheating.

I'll give it a trail test tonight.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Relic38 View Post
    so is there anyone compare the light from fasttech and wallbuys ? which one is Genuine?
    Gemini duo is genuine, all the rest are clones.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius9 View Post
    Gemini duo is genuine, all the rest are clones.
    Inspired by the original and still the best, the Gloworm X2
    Gloworm Performance Products - Gloworm X2 LED Light System V3.0 (1500 Lumen)
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

mtbr member
    The original of all is the Lupine Piko
    Name:  k8ak.jpg
Views: 1043
Size:  19.7 KB
    Looking for power lights?, see here

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    So who was actually the first one that came with this duo design?

mtbr member
    Piko from 2010 year i think
    Looking for power lights?, see here

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Ordered one of these from aliexpress. What battery is everybody using? Anybody using any RC car/heli lipo batteries?

Free shipping 1Set CREE XML2 T6 3B Bike Light 1600lm Waterproof Bicycle Light LED HeadLamp+ Charger (without battery)

mtbr member
    I thought about using a lipo battery from my R/C, but you would need a LVC so you do not damage the cells in the pack. I am not sure if the lighthead has anything like that built in or not...

-Brett

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by racerjerm View Post
    Ordered one of these from aliexpress. What battery is everybody using? Anybody using any RC car/heli lipo batteries?

Free shipping 1Set CREE XML2 T6 3B Bike Light 1600lm Waterproof Bicycle Light LED HeadLamp+ Charger (without battery)
    I'll be using a 2S1P 3400 Panasonic from Hung Lee. I strap it on my helmet and get plenty of run time using the 2S2P that I have now that is about the same capacity.

On another note, check the screws that hold the front plate on. Mine and several others have been stripped.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I am using li-po battery with a PCB cutoff at 3V/cell on a dual 7 led setup. Unless you don't need to draw lots of amps from battery it is not worth. What is your main reason to go for li-po? The price or some multi-light setup? Li-po should be handled with great care and have a good amount of insulation to prevent a bad branch on the trail to cause a fireworks from your li-po. Most of riders use original if it last some decent time or you can go for an upgrade like pannovo case and protected cells. See battery thread 2013 here - lot of info there about replacements and where you can get them from.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast