Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 191
  1. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,704
    Quote Originally Posted by tycoonrider View Post
    ...So you guys mentioned the battery case/holder and charger is garbage?

    Where can I get an alternate replacement?

    Can I run this of a 2 cell battery (to save weight)?
    My commute at night is only ~30 mins.

    Do they make a case/holder for 2 cells?

    Can someone school me on battery/packs?

    ....Thanks for all the info guys (just joined mtbr forum) and got into lighting.
    You need to look over "The Battery Thread" as far as the schooling. That would be the better thread to get the answers you are looking for.

    Quicky answers; yes you can buy two cell ( series ) holders but you will need to supply a suitable connector plug to use with your lamp and find a way to keep the cells in place so they don't come out. All this is readily doable. You will also need a 18650 cell charger if you want to charge loose cells.

    You can of course obtain other suitable batteries at a good price. Right now the major Chinese web sites are having a problem getting the batteries out of the country due to the new shipping guidelines. ( * along with holiday delays ) Don't be surprised if your light set is delayed because of this.

    Once again, look over the last 50 posts on the Battery thread. Read what the others are saying and you should get some more ideas. If you have more questions on "what battery set-up to buy", that is the place to ask the questions.

    Oh...almost forgot...Welcome to the Lighting and bike light sub forum.

  2. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by tycoonrider View Post
    Hi All,

    Just got the XML2 version from aliexpress for $45, let's see how long it will take before it gets here.

    So you guys mentioned the battery case/holder and charger is garbage?

    Where can I get an alternate replacement?

    Can I run this of a 2 cell battery (to save weight)?
    My commute at night is only ~30 mins.

    Do they make a case/holder for 2 cells?

    Can someone school me on battery/packs?

    Somewhere down the road I might get another one of this Yinding Clone for my helmet, can I connect 2 of these lights to a single 4 Cell Battery pack?

    Thanks for all the info guys (just joined mtbr forum) and got into lighting.
    Did you read the top of the add where it states that it does not include a battery???

    Because now the post is very strict ,we can not ship battery .

    Notice this bike light is not include the 8.4V battery Pack now

    Only black version in stock now

  3. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2

    Thanks All

    Quote Originally Posted by robs31 View Post
    Did you read the top of the add where it states that it does not include a battery???

    Because now the post is very strict ,we can not ship battery .

    Notice this bike light is not include the 8.4V battery Pack now

    Only black version in stock now
    Yep, I noticed that, that's why I was asking about my battery option.

    Thanks for all the replies, I did not see the Battery thread Cat-man-do.

    Will commence reading that thread now.

    In Tokyo, Japan at the moment, and I was hoping to score some genuine Panasonic 18650 from the Dept store, so far it's been a bust.
    Languange barrier, gonna try another store later today.

  4. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    73
    I got my XML2 T6 3B version 18 days after ordering from Aliexpress. Paid 45 with the 30% off deal on the 2nd for the head only. It arrived in a plain brown box wrapped in a shipping bag and contained the light head, charger (no battery so not sure why they are sending a charger), head strap and orings with tabs. I was inspecting the light and noticed that the front plate was a little loose so I got my allen wrench to tight up the screws and discovered the threads were stripped as the screws just spun. I can pull the front plate off without touching the screws which is a little concerning. I have inquired with the seller about this. I ran the light and was pleased with the level spacing, the color and beam pattern. It's exactly what I was hoping for based on this review and other beam shots. I put it next to a small fan that would simulate a medium climbing speed with the indoor temp at 68F. Turned it on high and using my Flir thermal camera watched it climb quickly to 125F and then it slowly continued to climb up to 140F when I abandoned the test. It quickly dropped back down, probably 30-40 degrees in about a minute. The temp on the case is fairly evenly distributed with it slightly higher right next to the LED's. The front and back plates are not well connected, as would be expected with the orings, but does warm up. Overall, with the exception of the stripped screws, I am very pleased with the light.

  5. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by robs31 View Post
    I got my XML2 T6 3B version 18 days after ordering from Aliexpress. Paid 45 with the 30% off deal on the 2nd for the head only. It arrived in a plain brown box wrapped in a shipping bag and contained the light head, charger (no battery so not sure why they are sending a charger), head strap and orings with tabs. I was inspecting the light and noticed that the front plate was a little loose so I got my allen wrench to tight up the screws and discovered the threads were stripped as the screws just spun. I can pull the front plate off without touching the screws which is a little concerning. I have inquired with the seller about this. I ran the light and was pleased with the level spacing, the color and beam pattern. It's exactly what I was hoping for based on this review and other beam shots. I put it next to a small fan that would simulate a medium climbing speed with the indoor temp at 68F. Turned it on high and using my Flir thermal camera watched it climb quickly to 125F and then it slowly continued to climb up to 140F when I abandoned the test. It quickly dropped back down, probably 30-40 degrees in about a minute. The temp on the case is fairly evenly distributed with it slightly higher right next to the LED's. The front and back plates are not well connected, as would be expected with the orings, but does warm up. Overall, with the exception of the stripped screws, I am very pleased with the light.
    I also got this same one from Aliexpress and my front plate screws are stripped also. I emailed them and they told me to " try and find" some screws that fit.. I also did not have the rubber gasket on the front plate.

    Played Chinese light roulette and lost! Not surprised but this is a poor quality constructed light. Glad I have an original Gemini !

  6. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation: znomit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,668
    Quote Originally Posted by eggdog View Post
    I also got this same one from Aliexpress and my front plate screws are stripped also. I emailed them and they told me to " try and find" some screws that fit..
    Common problem then. The treads are pretty tiny.
    One of my middle screws was just holding on. I ground the LED star down to half height to give it some more thread to grab. Worked OK.
    Also note that the rear and front screws are the same apart from the head size.
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

  7. #82
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Davide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,866
    Sure glad I ordered a second Gemini Duo instead of the clone!

  8. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    743
    I don't know who is putting the t6 leds in, but yinding is specing U2. it is the second party who is shoving in the t6 led who is stripping the screws and leaving fingerprints and whatnot. if you want an unmolested and unstripped yinding, order u2 version

  9. #84
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    530
    localhost you are probably mixing XM-L U2 with XM-L2 T6. XM-L2 T6 could be replaced by hand on request. T6 in 2nd generation produces more lumens than U2 in 1st gen. You can also get some nice 3B,4C, 5B tint of neutral white.

  10. #85
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by MK96 View Post
    localhost T6 in 2nd generation produces more lumens than U2 in 1st gen. You can also get som nice 3B,4C, 5B tint of neutral white.
    This is exactly why I went with this one. Like with any chinese lamp, you roll the dice and hope you don't get snake eyes. I'm currently in negotiations with the seller to recoup some of my loss.

  11. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by MK96 View Post
    localhost you are probably mixing XM-L U2 with XM-L2 T6. XM-L2 T6 could be replaced by hand on request. T6 in 2nd generation produces more lumens than U2 in 1st gen. You can also get some nice 3B,4C, 5B tint of neutral white.
    what I am saying is, I now have three yindings (2 gifts) and none had any stripped screws or anything else wrong...they are all U2 version (original) so I am thinking if you get an up-modded LED one, that might be how they are arriving with stripped screws. some modder messed up ?

  12. #87
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    530
    I think so. Small screws need minimum tightening torque but maybe someone doesn't know that
    Quote Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
    some modder messed up ?

  13. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    35
    I thought I would post the different Beam patters from various Yinding lights I have bought. The first Picture is the first light I bought from FASTTECH. It has semi water proof connectors and they lock together, the battery dies after 3 uses which was expected. The optics on this light fell like nipples.
    Name:  Yinding Clone 1.JPG
Views: 1053
Size:  17.3 KB

    The second photo is the Yinding I bought from Wallbuys as my mates were impressed by the flood beam from the one I bought from FASTTECH. I thought the lamps would have the same Beam pattern or close to it but as you can see in the photo its more of a spot beam. The connectors are a standard cheap magicshine clone type which was also a let down The optics on this this one is Flat to touch.
    Name:  Yinding Clone 2.JPG
Views: 1013
Size:  17.0 KB

    The last photo is a clone of a clone, The optics on this one are flat but have holes in centre of the lenses. this lamp also fades to the next mode when you press the button. The connectors are also a cheap magicshine clone type. the cord comes underneath the lamp and it does not have front hex screws light the rest on the yinding lamps, it seams all the work is done through the rear
    Name:  Yinding Clone Clone 3.JPG
Views: 1016
Size:  16.5 KB

  14. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Trd620 View Post
    I thought I would post the different Beam patters from various Yinding lights I have bought. The first Picture is the first light I bought from FASTTECH. It has semi water proof connectors and they lock together, the battery dies after 3 uses which was expected. The optics on this light fell like nipples.
    Name:  Yinding Clone 1.JPG
Views: 1053
Size:  17.3 KB



    The second photo is the Yinding I bought from Wallbuys as my mates were impressed by the flood beam from the one I bought from FASTTECH. I thought the lamps would have the same Beam pattern or close to it but as you can see in the photo its more of a spot beam. The connectors are a standard cheap magicshine clone type which was also a let down The optics on this this one is Flat to touch.
    Name:  Yinding Clone 2.JPG
Views: 1013
Size:  17.0 KB

    The last photo is a clone of a clone, The optics on this one are flat but have holes in centre of the lenses. this lamp also fades to the next mode when you press the button. The connectors are also a cheap magicshine clone type. the cord comes underneath the lamp and it does not have front hex screws light the rest on the yinding lamps, it seams all the work is done through the rear
    Name:  Yinding Clone Clone 3.JPG
Views: 1016
Size:  16.5 KB
    Good photos.

    The one bought from from Fasttech ( first photo ) looks to be the one you want if you want to bar mount the lamp. For helmet mount I'd go with the one from Walbuys ( the second photo ).

    The connectors you call "cheap Magicshine" can you provide a photo of those? thanks.

  15. #90
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    35
    First one is the light from Fasttech, second is from Wallbuys and the third is the Yinding Clone. I thought I would put a few other photos for people to reference the differences, For me the Fasttach light is perfect for the bars and i was testing the Wallbuys light on my helmet and it is a great helmet light for me, I don't know how it will work out for my mates.
    Name:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 1024
Size:  44.1 KB
    Name:  photo 2.JPG
Views: 1024
Size:  54.2 KBName:  photo 3.JPG
Views: 1024
Size:  45.7 KBName:  photo 4.JPG
Views: 1020
Size:  47.3 KBName:  photo 5.JPG
Views: 1060
Size:  37.3 KBName:  photo 6.JPG
Views: 968
Size:  35.7 KBName:  photo 7.JPG
Views: 974
Size:  33.2 KB

  16. #91
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    67
    The first one "Fasttech" seems original "first batch" Yinding - Original MS connector, dimpled optics, nice beam pattern. It is exactly like my DX Yinding.
    I am also waiting for YD from Wallbuys and I hope it wont be like yours. Wallbuys have pictures that show MS connector...scam?
    I am very dissapointed to see they are ruining this great light. The third one YD clone is a joke.

  17. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Trd620 View Post
    First one is the light from Fasttech, second is from Wallbuys and the third is the Yinding Clone. I thought I would put a few other photos for people to reference the differences, For me the Fasttach light is perfect for the bars and i was testing the Wallbuys light on my helmet and it is a great helmet light for me, I don't know how it will work out for my mates.
    Name:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 1024
Size:  44.1 KB
    Name:  photo 2.JPG
Views: 1024
Size:  54.2 KBName:  photo 3.JPG
Views: 1024
Size:  45.7 KBName:  photo 4.JPG
Views: 1020
Size:  47.3 KBName:  photo 5.JPG
Views: 1060
Size:  37.3 KB]
    Well, you didn't show the female battery side of the plug/connector issue. If the female side has a good rubberized or plastic ( threaded ) sleeve it should hold tight.

    There are bad male plugs out there. I have one on my tri-clone. It works with my MS female plug but not with the threaded plastic connector. For some reason the metal shaft is shorter than typical male plugs on that set-up and the plastic after the shaft is not as wide. Sort of a double whammy. I can make it work but it is the worst connector set-up I have.

    The Hunklee batteries really do need to have either the threaded plastic or rubberized shield so the male plugs have something to grab onto.

  18. #93
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    35
    The top connector in the first photo is the Fasttech yinding and the one below it is the wallbuys one. the Fasttech battery plugs into both of the light heads, but the wallbuys battery connector cannot plug into the fasttech light head
    Name:  photo 8.JPG
Views: 1032
Size:  49.5 KBName:  photo 9.JPG
Views: 1036
Size:  29.9 KB

  19. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by Trd620 View Post
    The top connector in the first photo is the Fasttech yinding and the one below it is the wallbuys one. the Fasttech battery plugs into both of the light heads, but the wallbuys battery connector cannot plug into the fasttech light head
    Name:  photo 8.JPG
Views: 1032
Size:  49.5 KBName:  photo 9.JPG
Views: 1036
Size:  29.9 KB
    just the opposite for my wallbuys purchases

    all three yindings had the waterproof 'pop' style connector
    which in yer photo is what fasttech sent

    freaking odd

  20. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    35
    Must be a new batch and they changed the connectors. I'm actually happy about the Beam being different it works out in my favor, see how the mates go tonight.

  21. #96
    Moderator Moderator
    Reputation: 2melow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
    just the opposite for my wallbuys purchases

    freaking odd
    Same here. Also, I have a huge "flood" beam pattern, as opposed to your more spotty lamp. I purchased very early on from Wallbuys when the light + battery was $51.00 (mid August)
    Niner Bikes employee. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Niner-...3652275?ref=ts
    Front Range Forum Moderator

  22. #97
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    10
    it seems just aliexpress has this L2 version, does anyone contact wallbuys and ask them whether they can provide this one ??

  23. #98
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    67
    Just got the second version from Wallbuys. Compared to my first version this one is not worth the money.

    Connectors are not Magicshine compatible (DC 5,5X2,5 instead of DC 5,5X2,1)
    Poorly waterproof
    bad battery
    some second hand plastic mount (it doesnt even fit the light body)
    bad assembly.

    Acctualy all the things that made first Yinding so great are now bad, very bad.

    The only positive thing: the second version got xml2 leds.

    I think only DX sells original Yindings...will that confirm in a few weeks.

  24. #99
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    9
    What makes you think that the DX ones are the original?

  25. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    530
    Quote Originally Posted by bhocewar View Post
    Connectors are not Magicshine compatible (DC 5,5X2,5 instead of DC 5,5X2,1)
    You can make it compatible using this small adapter Black 5.5 x 2.5mm DC Socket to 5.5 x 2.1 DC Plug Adapter for Laptop (2 PCS)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Solarstorm x2 + Gemini Duo clone?
    By Posher in forum Lights and Night Riding
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-09-2014, 10:54 AM
  2. User Review: Shadow BL20
    By Kir in forum Lights and Night Riding
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-20-2014, 12:14 AM
  3. User review Fenix BT20
    By pucked up in forum Lights and Night Riding
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 08-30-2013, 08:25 AM
  4. User Review: Xeccon S-12 ( Cree U2 )
    By Cat-man-do in forum Lights and Night Riding
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 07-22-2013, 06:44 AM
  5. Gemini Titan Light review
    By baker in forum Lights and Night Riding
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 04-18-2011, 07:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •