Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 44 of 44
  1. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PedroDank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    147

    User Review: Xeccon Geinea 1 Rear light

    Ups, sorry, I thought you were referring to the Geinea and not the lights pointed out by Xeccon.

  2. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ofroad'bent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    956
    OK, simple answer to my question of whether the Gienea taillight will run on 3.7v = No.

  3. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12
    Quick question, I just received my Geinea rear light and I didn't realize that the plug is a different shape than the standard circular magicshine plug.

    What I want to do is run this light off of a standard magicshine battery (actually a standard Y cable with the circular connector). I looked and magicshine makes a MJ-6070 cable adapter but that would be the reverse of what I want. Is my only option to buy 2 y-cables and splice them to make to gender / connector changers, or is there a adapter for sale somewhere?

  4. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PedroDank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    147

    User Review: Xeccon Geinea 1 Rear light

    Quote Originally Posted by ubrv8 View Post
    Quick question, I just received my Geinea rear light and I didn't realize that the plug is a different shape than the standard circular magicshine plug.

    What I want to do is run this light off of a standard magicshine battery (actually a standard Y cable with the circular connector). I looked and magicshine makes a MJ-6070 cable adapter but that would be the reverse of what I want. Is my only option to buy 2 y-cables and splice them to make to gender / connector changers, or is there a adapter for sale somewhere?
    You can use the Y cable. I got one from action led and connected it to the battery plug to also power my 808 clone. I'm working now at university, but tomorrow will post pics of my setup.

  5. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtbRevolution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    344
    Hi ubrv8, if you have the Geinea rear light set, the male connector that is supposed to be connected to the 2 cell battery now goes to one of the female connectors of the Y cable. If you have the front/rear combo set then you will need a reversed Y if you want to run 2 light heads off that single driver in the remote switch.

    The connectors are a little different and looks like they won't fit standard MS type connectors but they will.
    Leonard - All things Xeccon + Beyond
    mtbRevolution.com

  6. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeccon View Post
    Hi ubrv8, if you have the Geinea rear light set, the male connector that is supposed to be connected to the 2 cell battery now goes to one of the female connectors of the Y cable. If you have the front/rear combo set then you will need a reversed Y if you want to run 2 light heads off that single driver in the remote switch.

    The connectors are a little different and looks like they won't fit standard MS type connectors but they will.
    I'll second that observation. The plugs are indeed "squarish" but the rubber is quite flexible and will work with any MS compatible light head or battery. No adapter is needed.

  7. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PedroDank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    147

    User Review: Xeccon Geinea 1 Rear light

    I have to share something that is truly sad to me... My bike was stolen from my garage when locked in. They broke the garage door and the two locks the bike had. I've never left the lights on the bike, but in that particular night, I did I was to take photos of it after dinner...

    This is really sad. I'm coping with the local police and they have some clues. Today I've found the bike being sold in a Portuguese site like Craig's list or eBay... I called the seller but he claims the bike is already sold. I'm devastated... This was my first bike and the love for the rides arose with it... So much time, effort and money spent...

    I've no batteries right now as I also had the 808 clone's with the brand new 2x wide angle lens spare battery on my saddle's back. So sad...

    I do hope I can still get it back, but I highly doubt it...

    I apologise for the offtpic, but I had to explain why the pics and videos were missing and, quite honestly, I wanted to share my feelings with other bike lovers since I was still a lonely one (almost successful in convincing a couple of friends to spend some bucks!).

    Well, lets see how it goes... The police does know the guy and they will try to reach him tonight...

  8. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12

    Sorry

    Quote Originally Posted by PedroDank View Post
    I have to share something that is truly sad to me... My bike was stolen from my garage when locked in. They broke the garage door and the two locks the bike had. I've never left the lights on the bike, but in that particular night, I did I was to take photos of it after dinner...

    This is really sad. I'm coping with the local police and they have some clues. Today I've found the bike being sold in a Portuguese site like Craig's list or eBay... I called the seller but he claims the bike is already sold. I'm devastated... This was my first bike and the love for the rides arose with it... So much time, effort and money spent...

    I've no batteries right now as I also had the 808 clone's with the brand new 2x wide angle lens spare battery on my saddle's back. So sad...

    I do hope I can still get it back, but I highly doubt it...

    I apologise for the offtpic, but I had to explain why the pics and videos were missing and, quite honestly, I wanted to share my feelings with other bike lovers since I was still a lonely one (almost successful in convincing a couple of friends to spend some bucks!).

    Well, lets see how it goes... The police does know the guy and they will try to reach him tonight...
    Man that really sucks, hopefully the police can help and you get your bike back.

  9. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,734

    Secondary use for Geinea 1 driver module.

    Last night I was thinking about the Geinea 1 set-up and suddenly realized that the button/module ( that holds the driver circuitry ) could also be used to indicate available battery power level of another lamp that has no LED indicators. If you plug the Geinea 1 into a "Y"cable and run both lamps off of one battery the LED indicators on the Geinea 1 will display the available battery power for both lamps. This will work even if the Geinea lamp is not turned on because the indicators are lit whenever the lamp is plugged into a battery. Win, win.

    (Note: this can also work with something like a MJ808E. The lamp does not need to be on to display battery power. )

  10. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,734
    Hey Len, if you get a chance let the people at Xeccon know that Geinea 1 ( rear ) is starting to grow on me. Hard not to like something this small that is so bright. I have one complaint though; I really wish it had memory so that when you turn it off it would come back on in the last mode it was in. The reason I say this because there are places I would ride where the traffic is so light that I might not want to activate the lamp until I know a vehicle is approaching from the rear. That would help save battery power and make even better use of the wired remote. It isn't going to work though if the light comes back up in a mode you don't want. That would mean you might have to cycle through the menu to get to the mode you want. Having to do that over and over every time you turn the light on/off would be a drag. That said, the first version is likely to serve me better since it starts up in the most useable "flash" mode. Now if you change can change Version II so that it starts up in that same "useable flash" mode I suppose that could work too but having a driver with memory would be the better option since you could choose which mode you wanted to start up in ( once powered up and set ).

  11. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    202
    Can the light head only be bought anywhere? I am interested in this one as it is smaller than the MS rears and seems to be more robust.

  12. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus_XXIV View Post
    Can the light head only be bought anywhere? I am interested in this one as it is smaller than the MS rears and seems to be more robust.
    Unlike the MagicShine rear lamp the Geinea 1 ( rear ) has no driver or controls housed within the light-head. Mode control is provided through the remote module which also houses the driver. That is the one of the reasons why the lamp is so small ( and the remote button a little larger than most ).

  13. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,734
    Just a quick update on my Geinea 1 (rear). The other day I discovered a really cool trick to add a new dimension to the G1. One of the torches I own came with a really nice white translucent rubber cap that is suppose to turn the torch into a very nice portable ( think camping ) omni- directional light source. That's when the thought hit me, "Hey why don't I try it on the G1!". Basically , it fit the G1 like a glove. The effect is that the amount of light to the sides is increased at least by a factor of ten. So much light exits the sides that you can easily see it even from the front. Output to the rear is of course muted but dang it is still freaking bright even from directly behind. I doubt I'll use the cap because my bike already has enough side lighting but this idea would work really well in a more urban setting. As for me, I personally like the lamp as it is with totally uninhibited monster rear throw.

    Anyway, the cap comes with the Citycat torch I bought from CNqualitygoods. Somewhere out there in internet land you should be able to buy these in bulk ( the caps that is ) Note to Len at Xeccon; If you can get some of these caps they really do add to the set-up. I'll try to post a picture of the G1 with cap when I get a chance but this week I'm busy with tax time coming up next week.

    Photo below is the Citycat torch. The cap is the little "bell shaped" white thing in the box.

    User Review: Xeccon Geinea 1 Rear light-dscf1170.jpg
    Last edited by Cat-man-do; 04-12-2013 at 03:05 AM.

  14. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,734
    Just a little feedback on the Geinea 1 rear from today's ride. Today as I was making my way home while doing a local loop I had a car come along side me as I was cruising along a nice fast moving section of road. It was totally dark so all my lights were on. The car parallels my speed and I see the passenger window come down. A guy on the passenger side tells me, " You don't need to worry about anybody not seeing you, we could see you from a mile away". Made my day. Nice to know the G1 does the job.

  15. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,643
    First of all thanks to Leonard for been such a pro, I send him a PM and in less than ten minutes I got a response and the same thing with the rest of the emails we exchange, also the lights got delivered in no time at all..

    I got two of this Geinea lights to install on our baby bike seats..

    From the start I don't like the lack of angle adjustbility of the light mount (a my only complain so far) so I decide to take the back of the light apart (mount/body) and made my own "wedge" and mount it directly to the child carrier..


    Sorry for the rusty bolt, I did not want to have the wire all expose on the outside of the chair so I drill a hole of the exact size of the light casing so I can run the cables hidden under the seat cushion..


    I'm a big fan of K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid) so I decide to use the features of the chair to mount the rest of the components..

    I mount the controller on the front end of the chair using the supplied straps, so is easy to access before you get on and off and also easy to see if the battery is running low..




    The battery is located under the curved edge of the chair and on a corner so is secured but also super easy to access when it needs to be recharge, again only using the supplied velcro closure..


    Note: I want to keep the light self contain to the child chair since we have a few bikes with the same Topeak rack so is easy to change the whole chair from one bike to the next.

    Oh, Oh yeah the light is bright as hell, very happy with the purchase..

  16. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Wombat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,813
    Hey Leonard

    Can you now sell the front Geinea as a light head only? I'd like to run it with a lighter 2200mAh magicshine battery to save weight on my head.

    Tim

  17. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtbRevolution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    Hey Leonard

    Can you now sell the front Geinea as a light head only? I'd like to run it with a lighter 2200mAh magicshine battery to save weight on my head.

    Tim
    Hi Tim, yes we do. Please get it here. Price is AUD 50 including overnight shipping via Toll. You can also get our BAK 2200mAh batteries here

    Our websites are being consolidated. Will talk about it in another thread soon.
    Leonard - All things Xeccon + Beyond
    mtbRevolution.com

  18. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,643
    I just read this on the Xeccon website...

    Something to consider and maybe why the light is made to follow the angle of the seat post..

    snip.. "However you have a responsibility of fitting the light head slightly downwards as not to cause discomfort to drivers waiting behind you at the traffic lights."

  19. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtbRevolution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by patineto View Post
    I just read this on the Xeccon website...

    Something to consider and maybe why the light is made to follow the angle of the seat post..
    Hey patineto, thanks for the kind comments before. The Geinea rear can use a little angle instead of being flushed with the seatpost. I came up with a concept rubber mount a while back. Didn't hear anything till I saw the mount on the wireless remote. That slight angle will be great for the Geinea too. I don't know if it's going to make the Geinea light head too horizontal. As you know, if you seated in a car with the Geinea 10 feet ahead of you at eyeline, you will be seeing stars after a half second exposure. As a seller, I hate myself for being such a kill joy with all those warning banners in our websites, but we should be responsible when using these powerful lights. Note sure if you've seen the beamshots of the Geineas I use. Scroll down to the bottom of this page.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails User Review: Xeccon Geinea 1 Rear light-remote-2.jpg  

    User Review: Xeccon Geinea 1 Rear light-remote-1.jpg  

    Leonard - All things Xeccon + Beyond
    mtbRevolution.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •