Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    RAKC

User Review: ITUO Wiz20

So I received a Wiz20 today from Ituo for review. Just have to say, its a really nice light.

www.ituolights.com

Ride Video

First Impressions:

-Nice, clean, quality light. First thing I noticed was the fast it only has a front and rear cover and the switch. No multiple layers to the housing.

- Rear cover is hinged with an aluminum spring latch. Very simple and straight forward to use.

-USB charging of whatever cells you put in it. It does run on 8.4v not 4.2v which is nice to see. And yes USB charging does work perfectly. Its set up with a thick rubber cover on the bottom of the lighthead.

-Optics are a "tight spot". Appear to be LEDDNA (as we know them) 10 deg optics. A bit tight for a bar light IMO, but still very nice. Makes for good throw while still being usable in close.

-QR handlebar mount is similar to their Gorpro style mount in how the QR is set up and the slide lock for the light head itself. HOWEVER, not a gopro compatible mount. The mount is all one solid piece of aluminum (nicely finished I might add) with the base for the slide lock machined as part of it. Makes sense though being the weight of the head, a light weight gopro qr mount would have a hard time not tilting under the weight of the lighthead.

Here it is mounted on my Mukluk(fat bike)

This light has a few modes (ok more than a few). Need some time to mess with those. MAJOR POINT TO MAKE WITH THE WIZ20 THOUGH, ITS FULLY USER PROGRAMMABLE. Ya you read that right. Has a couple preset mode set ups you can select. Or you can program I believe up to 5 modes. The one issue I do have though is the mode spacing. Many of us know the KD2 yinding clone driver. Programmable modes in 10% increments. Have been trying to mess with it and seems the mode spacing per 10% is noticeable up to 40% then from there to 100% there is little change. ALmost not noticeable. Not sure if Im doing something wrong, but Im not seeing the full set of mode options. I did several checks just to make sure. Andd tried to set the light at 20-50-100 just to start and 50-100 there is little change. Doesn't seem like a 50% change, not like what we see normally.

Output:

I cant say its "1500 lumens" yet. My DIY integrated sphere I hope to have up and running this weekend, so this will be first light to be "reviewed" on it.

Here's what I do know: Fenix BC30R is rated at 800 lumens on level 4 (1600 with the stupid and useless turbo button). So I light up my yard with BC30r (at level 4) and Wiz20 side by side. Wiz20 IS ALOT BRIGHTER! So close to 1500 lumens if not "spot on" is very possible.

This is a pic of the 2 side by side. But I think we have a better option than Fenix by far. Both in output and functionality.

All the in depth details, beam shots, etc to come over the next several days. At this point though having this light in my hand and the reviews of their single emitter lights, I think we have a very real and solid contender for the sub $150 light market. This one is $99.99 WITHOUT CELLS, $129.99 with cells.
    Last edited by tigris99; 05-15-2016 at 08:51 PM.

RAKC

Technical Details Etc

Details video

OK here's the in depth specs:

Weights:

Head only: Claimed- 154g, Actual is 151g for mine

Head with LG 3200mah Keeppower 18650: 251g

Mount: 35g confirmed

Claimed Output: 1500 lumens

Actual Output: Visual approximation (comparison vs other lights), 1300-1400 lumens. Within acceptable range for output margin of error. Will hopefully test and get exact numbers soon

Update: Ok lumen output over run time curve using NCR18650GA cells.

Beam pattern: Standard 10deg PMMA TIR Optics. Confirmed these are the 10deg optics we all know. Making optics changes is VERY easy (just pay attention to seal and orings during reassembly) and giving us SEVERAL options for beam patterns. Thankfully these arent the poor efficiency optics we see in most lights. ITUO did their homework well, used the optics we all upgrade to from stock ones.

Batteries: 18650 Li-Ion cells only x 2

-Use of protected cells is recommended, driver does not have over discharge protection. Light can be purchased with 3100mah Cells.

-Does have reverse Polarity protection

Run time:

-Claimed: 2.3 hours on 3100mah Ituo cells on "high"

-Actual: ON LG 3200mah KeepPower (brand new, but been sitting for about 2 months) 2 hrs 23mins. Claimed Run time is verifed. Many factors with using different cells will play a part. So you may get a bit more or a bit less.

Charge Time: Heavily variable based on cells used and usb charger used to supply power for charging.

Simple 2 light indication: blue is down to 20% battery life, red is 20% on down.

Driver UI: Press and hold first goes to "hidden" mode, continue to hold turns off. Simple press turns on and cycles through normal modes.

2 default modes. One with 3 modes, hidden dim mode (press and hold). Second is 2 modes and hidden flasher.

Fully programmable in 10% increments for normal modes. Can adjust default modes or program up to 5 of your own, and several choices for the hidden mode. Instructions give a FULL break down of how to do each.

UI programming takes a bit to sort out all the options, BUT THEY ALL WORK AND WORK WELL.

Emitters: Claimed are XM-L2 U3 NW. U3 bin isnt something that can be verified obviously. They are XM-L2, output vs run time and tint U3 bin is likely. They are Neutral tint, currently seem to be 3C tint. I will check closer to see if the "pinkish tinge" is there that says 3D tint instead.

Thermal Path: Good. Emitter pcb is mounted to one large aluminum pill with plenty of thermal paste. This pill is very tightly fitted (but not pressed) into the case, then also held in place by screws. Electronics are mounted seperately behind the pill. Casing does warm up slowly due to mass and surface area. But easy to tell path is good since emitter output decreasing as head warms up isnt visually noticeable.

Driver: All attention to detail has been covered. No cheap switch or poor assembly. Properly cleaned, epoxy holding inductor, full silicone wire used for both battery contacts and to emitters. Driver has simple but existent thermal path to case via how its mounted.

ITUO did their homework, they learned from all of us and the execution internally was done very well.

Beam Shots with some comparison shots and videos coming as weather and time allow.

Low 20%-

Medium 50%-

High 100%-

As a comparison, here is the Fenix BC30R on Level 4 (High). Its about in line with the Wiz 20 @ 50%, just more spread to the beam:

Last edited by tigris99; 05-15-2016 at 08:53 PM.

mtbr member
    Looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

because GIANT
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too big

RAKC
    Quote Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too big

Im curious, how is this "way too big"???? Its a dual emitter, self contained light. They don't get any smaller. Combine any dual emitter light with its battery pack and its waaaaaaaay BIGGER

mtbr member
    His post seem a bit troll like.

RAKC
    ^^LOL

Ok been playing with this a bit more (been constantly raining still). Have the hole programmable driver sorted. Alot to it, but it all works. Been testing it out in the rain (till I get too cold, not exactly warm here) and waterproofing works quite well. Comparing against other lights I am slowly raising my guess on output. 1400ish maybe a bit more.

PS, a lot of info added to Tech Specs now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by spankone View Post
    His post seem a bit troll like.

No, I don't think so. ( A difference in opinion does not a troll make. ) He has too much rep to be a troll ( or troll like ). He just thinks it's big. Sometimes photo's don't do a product justice. I thought the Wiz-1 was big until I had it in my hand. Once in my hand I saw it was smaller than my other 26650 torch ( and much more user friendly ).

Great review so far tig. I like all the bells and whistles the Wiz20 brings. I'm thinking likely it will produce a beam pattern similar to the Gloworm X2. If someone thought the Wiz-1 provided too narrow a beam pattern they should have no problem with the Wiz20.

I only see one negative; The Wiz20 doesn't use the GoPro system. That said I'm not sure how easy it will be to re-aim the lamp on the fly. I'm sure the bar mount can be made to adjust but that's not quite the same thing as having a mount with a single adjustable pivot point. Not a major issue but for commuters the ability to easily and quickly adjust the aim of the lamp means a lot when in heavy traffic or if using lower levels of light ( for prolong run time ).

Tig, does the bottom of the lamp look as though someone might be able to retro-fit the lamp with a GoPro mount if they wanted to? Lot's of aftermarket GoPro mounts.

Anyway, my take on it is that the Wiz20 is an overall winner. Great touch that ITUO gave it a "Programmable User Interface" and "Neutral LED's", all in a nifty self contained package....Win, Win, Win.

mtbr member
    Oh..tig...almost forgot to ask; I'm wondering if the Wiz20 will run with the USB plug charging. (?)

If it does, this might mean someone might be able to hook a USB ( battery pack charger ) to the lamp ( while being used ) to prolong run time.

(* I might have answered my own question. I just tried it with my Wiz-1 and it doesn't work. Not a big deal but would of been nice it it did. Then again, a USB charge pack just contains 18650 cells and since you can switch out cells with the Wiz20 ( or Wiz1 ) it's pretty much the same thing...never mind.. )

Hooligan
    Intriguing. Where's the best place to buy this? I'm looking for a self contained light for my helmet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Hell of a jump, dawg. Even though they're baggy shorts, I'm surprised that you can fit your balls into them.

RAKC
    These arent designed out of the box for helmet use just fyi. Would gather buying an aftermarket gopro adapter from vancbiker would open up that option.

If your in the states, as of right now the only way to order them is via the manufacturer (Ituo) directly.

mtbr member
    Heavy lights don't work so well with GoPro mounts anyway. The extra mass means they tend to pivot around the thumb screw.

Hooligan

User Review: ITUO Wiz20

Thanks for the review. How much does it weigh? I've seen bar mount to helmet type adapters before, so I was thinking that would work to get it on a helmet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Hell of a jump, dawg. Even though they're baggy shorts, I'm surprised that you can fit your balls into them.

RAKC
    Its posted in the second post.

@Cat: I'll try to remember to try it tonight. Doubt itll work and as you said, being able to quickly and easily change cells would defeat the purpose anyway.

mtbr member
    It will be to heavy for the lid unless you have next muscles like "the Rock" Johnson.

RAKC
    @Cat: Nope doesnt work

OP's updated with beam shots and a look at emitters/pill

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    @Cat: Nope doesnt work

OP's updated with beam shots and a look at emitters/pill
    Updated beam photos look great.

RAKC
    After some testing on run time vs capacity used (used Panasonic ncr18650b) driver draws 1.5A avg across 2hrs. At 2:01 is when light went red with the Panasonics, about 3050mah used, 3.29v per cell after resting out of light.

So calculations and estimates are falling into place pretty well. Ituo's claimed numbers match actual. Lumens at cold start and topped off cells would be right below or at 1500 lumens, would expect to follow cree data based on temp from there. This head dissipates heat INSANELY well. Took 26mins at ambient 70F with no air flow for the head to hit 100f. Seemed to hang out there pretty much only varying a few degrees based on where I would set it down during test. I was chasing my toddler and such during the runtime tests so light was being moved from room to room lol.

Very pleased to see all claimed specs falling in line with actual.

RAKC
    Used this for my commute tonight. Was nice to have the high mode coming down the bridge where I spin out my gearing (on any bike, including my fat bike). Its a slightly wider than normal sidewalk with concrete walls on either side. So at those speeds in the dark with street lights illuminating everything except the sidewalk, a light with more power is welcomed. And with the cutoff the front cover creates, I dont piss off drivers while in higher modes.

I didn't think to bring my camera just to catch a bit of video. I am hoping something in the form of trails will be open Sunday night to give this light a trail test.

Also, I switched optics to the 25deg. Great mix of even spread and throw. Much less of a hotspot. I'll get beam shots with optics change this weekend.

mtbr member
    Any problems changing the optics? What optics did you use and where did you buy them?

And speaking of optics; The folks from ITUO told me the other day that they are considering updating the Wiz-1 and 2 with optics. This of course means a whole new redesign if they choose to go that route. They will also be including the "programmable mode UI" into the new lamps as well ( the current press/hold sub-low mode will be done away with though ) Instead you will have 3 programmable steady modes ( 1-10 level programmable output levels ). Flash modes will remain the same ( non-programmable ).

I noticed the other day on the MTBR light shootout that there are an awful lot of self-contained lamps that are now available. That said the Wiz20 has an advantage at being one of the few to offer neutral tinted LED's. Not to mention ( but I will ) that the Wiz20 is programmable and apparently the optics are removable/replaceable.

Looks like I might be able to ride myself on Saturday. Been a while since I've been on a bike.

mtbr member
    Yeah they are asking around and doing grass roots style research which I like. Going to optics will help make the wiz1 &2 more compact and flexible. My wiz 20 is on its way

RAKC
    I told them the 18650 version to leave on reflector since its fitting for a helmet light, any optic is going to make a big spot/loose throw. But the 26650 version is pretty heavy for helmet use, so optics are a good idea there.

@cat, optics change is STUPID EASY. Since the use the same optics with white holders you can get at fasttech/leddna for dirt cheap (but some of the best optics available) its really east. Pull the front plate screws, gently pull stock optics out, pop new ones in and put the 2 screws back in. Takes like 2 minutes if that.

RAKC
    Got out tonight for a ride. I got brave:

My local trail (one 5 mins from home) can be ridden in conditions that close all others due to soil type. Takes alot to make it soft to where its possible to leave ruts. So rideable tonight.

So knowing that on my 29er the climbs kick my rear, but I can clear them, I went out expecting to be playing hike a bike alot for the steep climbs. Why, cause I took my Mukluk with Nates. And wanted to see how my new Vasque Arrowhead boots felt for riding (loving them btw). So I was running almost as heavy as if geared for snow. 28-31F (temps varied by elevation), no snow. Just wet, greasy, leaf coveted trail.

Yeap I had to hike-a-bike but less than expected. Only the couple longer yet still steep climbs. The short ones a little more stand and mash but cleared them. Those big a** tires carry moments really well so they actually helped make up for my lower speeds.

Ok on topic: Wiz20 did AWESOME. 10deg optics would have driven me nuts, but the 25deg optics were perfect. Great tint, my ideal beam pattern. Of course many like the tighter beam that the stock optics will give, my personal preference I dont for a bar light.

Medium was enough till I started working my way back down. Due to leaf cover I needed the extra power to help pull out the shadows to show where the trail actually was. Did great on medium going in and high on the return side.

Now there's a plus side to this light that ones like fenix CANT DO. Winter riding matter of cold batteries. The wiz20 has enough heat generation on high mode that in my current temps, my batteries still felt "warm" at the end of the ride. Which mean they stayed well inside optimal temps during the ride. Fenix (and most other mid output self contained lights) generate little heat on max. So they can handle even high temps no problem. Wiz20 will run "hot" by those standards but still much cooler than our little dual emitter lights.

Neutral tint and generates enough heat to keep batteries from getting too cold makes this the best cold weather light I've seen yet.

And yes I got video. ;p

mtbr member
    Got out tonight for a ride. I got brave:

My local trail (one 5 mins from home) can be ridden in conditions that close all others due to soil type. Takes alot to make it soft to where its possible to leave ruts. So rideable tonight.

So knowing that on my 29er the climbs kick my rear, but I can clear them, I went out expecting to be playing hike a bike alot for the steep climbs. Why, cause I took my Mukluk with Nates. And wanted to see how my new Vasque Arrowhead boots felt for riding (loving them btw). So I was running almost as heavy as if geared for snow. 28-31F (temps varied by elevation), no snow. Just wet, greasy, leaf coveted trail.

Yeap I had to hike-a-bike but less than expected. Only the couple longer yet still steep climbs. The short ones a little more stand and mash but cleared them. Those big a** tires carry moments really well so they actually helped make up for my lower speeds.

Ok on topic: Wiz20 did AWESOME. 10deg optics would have driven me nuts, but the 25deg optics were perfect. Great tint, my ideal beam pattern. Of course many like the tighter beam that the stock optics will give, my personal preference I dont for a bar light.

Medium was enough till I started working my way back down. Due to leaf cover I needed the extra power to help pull out the shadows to show where the trail actually was. Did great on medium going in and high on the return side.

Now there's a plus side to this light that ones like fenix CANT DO. Winter riding matter of cold batteries. The wiz20 has enough heat generation on high mode that in my current temps, my batteries still felt "warm" at the end of the ride. Which mean they stayed well inside optimal temps during the ride. Fenix (and most other mid output self contained lights) generate little heat on max. So they can handle even high temps no problem. Wiz20 will run "hot" by those standards but still much cooler than our little dual emitter lights.

Neutral tint and generates enough heat to keep batteries from getting too cold makes this the best cold weather light I've seen yet.

And yes I got video. ;p
    I took a little ride tonight as well ( road set-up ). With temps hovering around 50F just after dark I thought I might get a short ride in. Damn, must not of had enough clothing on because I still felt cold. I took a couple more beam shots using the Wiz-1 but damn, I still can't seem to get a decent beam shot of the low beam. I guess the phone camera just can't deal with the lower light level. Disappointing because I feel the low setting works very well for general slower speeds.

Somewhere I have an old Sony Cyber-shot camera but for the life of me I have no idea where it is. Been years since I last used it. Then again if my memory serves me, it too didn't work well in cold weather.

So far I haven't noticed any problems with the Wiz-1 riding in the cold. On the other hand the cold definitely had an effect on my cheap UF 501-B drop-in torch I was using on the helmet. Of course could of just been the battery was low.

RAKC
    OK so video from last night is no good, lol. I was fighting with the high moisture content in the air, had to switch camera cases (one mounted on the bike immediately fogged up when i opened it to put camera in). And in the rush to switch, I didnt get the camera close enough tot he stem to actually point truly forward...

That said, the video did reveal something Im not fond of:
    PWM frequency is REALLY LOW. Like KD2 kind of low. Medium mode on the Wiz20 has very noticeable PWM on camera on the edges of the beam. Needs improvement. Wont show as bad once i redo the video with camera actually pointing forward, but I don't like seeing it that strongly. I do expect some hint of it in low mode, but not medium. Especially in such a excellent light.

Also, having tested a few optics beam patterns against my other lights (matching optics each time) I noticed the front plate messes with the beam pattern. Not on the 10deg optic, but it does with wider beams. Reason is the way the front plate is machined. The 10deg it seems to cut off the spill a bit, but 25deg you notice it a fair bit more. My thoughts are a "cut off". Which isn't a bad thing, especially for pavement use. Its not a strong cut off, with stock optics you have to know what your looking for to see it unless your looking at the light from a distance in front of it. Since on the bars it would be pointed at a downward angle, it takes a lot of the sting out of looking at the light. Trail use it may or may not bother you. I had wondered why I had to mess with the light position a couple times as Im not used to a cut off.

Temps around 50 wont effect the cells really, especially in a self contained unit. You might see a mild effect on a separate pack after being out a little while (cells exposed long enough to match outside temps) but thats minimal. Get down close to and below freezing and you start to notice if cells are in a pouch or light head doesnt generate enough heat on a self contained unit.

Im going to aim for tomorrow to go back out, air is supposed to be much dryer too (and temps above freezing) so I shouldnt have to deal with near as much annoying glare off the leaves and the air itself.

RAKC
    OK got another ride in tonight. Insanely nice weather for December (almost hit a record high during the day). Trails were in beautiful shape, though I expected them not to be so I took the fat bike again. Trail bike would have done fine though (so might try to sneak out tomorrow night or saturday before it rains).

GOT GOOD VIDEO I THINK.

Except I wasnt thinking and acidently put flat unprotected cells in it, so when it got really rough the light would flicker on high mode. SO BE ADVISED, use button top cells if your going to switch back and forth. Light is designed for protected and the springs are made just enough that protected cells compress them almost flat (reducing resistance). SO a few uses on button tops then trying to use flat unprotected cells doesnt work. THIS IS NOT A DESIGN FLAW. THe copper contact is actually exposed on the PCB under the springs, so the spring when compressed can make more contact with it (NICE JOB THERE ITUO!) reducing voltage sag.

I did find for this trail, that 1 25deg and 1 stock optic work better. though the undergrowth is "dead" for winter, the leaves and bare branches of undergrowth still create glare since air is still not "dry" so keeping the light narrowed up more works better. dual stock optics I didnt like as my in close flood is very dim and some tight areas I am looking down almost at the tire and just off the edges of the bars to make sure I clear the trees on either side.

WIll get a video segment or 2 posted tomorrow just for a "teaser"

Im debating on trying some elliptical optics next ride, see if pulling the light to focus more on the trail is something I like better or not. 10deg round I dont like, but elliptical at 90deg from "the normal" might be interesting. This light is really easy to change optics in so im more inclined to test out more beam patterns since this light excepts all options easily.
    Last edited by tigris99; 12-11-2015 at 02:05 AM.

mtbr member
    WIll get a video segment or 2 posted tomorrow just for a "teaser"

Im debating on trying some elliptical optics next ride, see if pulling the light to focus more on the trail is something I like better or not. 10deg round I dont like, but elliptical at 90deg from "the normal" might be interesting. This light is really easy to change optics in so im more inclined to test out more beam patterns since this light excepts all options easily.

Mole

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdawg21892 View Post
    Intriguing. Where's the best place to buy this? I'm looking for a self contained light for my helmet.
    x2

Can't seem to find them?

RAKC
    Contact Ituo if your in North America.

RAKC
    Ok so mother nature pissed on my parade, wanted to ride tonight but with leaf covering even a light rain gets things slick in trails that have a couple high risk (steep down hill off one side of trail that ends off a 150ft bluff) spots. Being as plan was for trail bike (fat was on the work stand so I could dial my rear bb7 back in fully) was no way.

So I worked on videos. Damned if the camera was still pointed off the wrong way, damn Chinese gopro mounts lol. Reversed the mount and good to go now.

Other plus side, I got my Ion Air action camera going again, so once I replace case for the SooCoo, ill have 3. Found my chest harness too cause learned something else. .

Camera on handlebars of a rigid fatbike on choppy trails trying to record night riding....

Cross my fingers that I can get all the video I want this weekend to finish my video review. Camera issues have been great for giving me more excuses to night ride with this light though.

And my fenix made it all the way to the "spare shelf" now lol. The Wiz20 is just better in every way so far. Unless you really like the huge display of the bc30r.

Also im purposely going to try and "get caught" in the rain tomorrow night. Something you'll almost never here me say. But this is only the second light I would trust to intentionally get it wet.

RAKC
    Tease Video (processing at time of post)

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Hi guys, I also have received a WIZ20 for review and I have been a lot slower to write it than TIGRIS99.
    I am also very impressed with the light and have posted a USER 2 - WIZ20 review on MTBR. This very picture heavy with beam shots and also time versus output test. For the moment mine has only been tested during my commute to work and I still have to do forest and XC runs to complete my review. The forest is 30mn drive from where I live in Sussex, UK and I only mountain bike once a week on our club ride and I missed the last two. I hope you will also find my review informative. I have now read Tigris99 review and all postings and this is first class review, thanks. I am also very please to see the inside of it and to learn that Ituo is assembling their lights the proper way.
    here is a beam shot to get you interested.
    User Review: ITUO Wiz20-wiz20h.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Hi a small video of some of the different modes taken in town
    This also show the PWM, this can not be seen by the human eye, certainly not mine and this was only spotted on the video. strangely enough, their WIZ1 or WIZ2 does not show any sign of it.

RAKC
    Pwm is alot easier to hide in flashlights, takes more tweaking to hide it on multicell/emitter lights.

I did discuss it with them and its being worked on to fix so it only shows if at all in the lowest mode.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Pwm is alot easier to hide in flashlights, takes more tweaking to hide it on multicell/emitter lights.

I did discuss it with them and its being worked on to fix so it only shows if at all in the lowest mode.
    Will fix in mass production.
    Regards,

ITUO Team
    ITUO- reliable, affordable, performance bike lights
    www.ituoworld.com

RAKC
    I decided to play with the programming options of the hidden mode last night.

Found a mode I really like:

Light is on at around 50-60% but there is a flash that simply flashes 100%. So im never going dark between flashes. And there is a good time delay between each flash. Gives a flash for commuting while giving you constant light on so you can see too. Loving that! Oh and hidden modes can be programmed in either mode group.

More I play with this light, the more impressed I am with it. Especially the UI. The huge mix of options, programmable outputs and everything is great.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I decided to play with the programming options of the hidden mode last night.

Found a mode I really like:

Light is on at around 50-60% but there is a flash that simply flashes 100%. So im never going dark between flashes. And there is a good time delay between each flash. Gives a flash for commuting while giving you constant light on so you can see too. Loving that! Oh and hidden modes can be programmed in either mode group.

More I play with this light, the more impressed I am with it. Especially the UI. The huge mix of options, programmable outputs and everything is great.
    Hi Tigris, I think you are talking about what they call a WARNING FLASH! I to found this a good mode to use during my night time commuting, kind of give you the edge on normal light as the flash do attract people attention to the light and cyclist behind. Another mode that I really like is their twin flash, a series of two very quick and very bright flash and a pause, I use this during my day time commute, this certainly even on a bright day make you notice! I can still see the road traffic sign lighting up and this is in full day light! Way to bright for night time, but as the name DAY FLASH suggest, this is designed for day use. Both modes were also used on their single led WIZ1&2 that I had the luck of also reviewing. I must say that like you, what I have tried from ITUO has impressed me!

We went to do a bit of Christmas shopping today and I popped into Evanscycles, (one of the bikes giants here in the UK) among other things, I had a look at their lights (as always) and they had a CATEYE VOLT1600 in a locked glass cabinet, for the same type of light the VOLT body looked a lot bigger and certainly with a hefty price tag! I still have not tried the WIZ20 on a proper MTB ride, but for me this does the job very well for my commute, you just got to watch out where you are pointing the light as this very bright.

The only real grind I have with it, is that I can not fit my new Pluzpower 3500mAh batteries, they are just a fraction to fat to go in!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I think you have done a few offroad rides with it and approached the subject of optics used on the WIZ20 in the past. I cycle mainly in Friston forest in the south coast of England, we use fire road to go up and singletrack to go down, do you recon for that type of condition, the light would benefit by replacing one of the optic with a wider beam one? (still got to try my WIZ20 in the forest). Mater of interest what light do you use on your lid?

RAKC
    Your 3500mah cells should fit if you remove the sticker label. I had to do that with my LG keeppower cells I use.

As for optics change, im actually running dual 25deg optics, which I already had because I ordered a selection from leddna. One of each works well too but I prefer a bit wider so my vision doesn't tunnel.

As for helmet, right now since its cold out I use my modified yinding. When its warm out (or I want just under 2000 lumens on the lid) I use my modified bt21.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Thanks Tigris, I did wonder if removing the label would be sufficient, as I could see there is was not much in not going in. I did informed ITUO and I think they may make the chambers a fraction larger for next production run.

How does the 3500 perform?

Regarding the optics, I have not removed the bezel to check the optics size, so can you let me know if they use the 20mm or 21.2mm OPTICS?
    Thanks

RAKC
    Battery performs the same just a little longer run time. My LG cells are 3200 iirc. I have some ncr18650ga 3500, performance of light is nothing different except run time.

Ive never measured diameter of optics as all that I have are 21 or 20, 0.5mm makes no difference in any head I have. Usually that extra is the holder, NOT the optic itself. So some i remove the holder, this light was built around using the holders. Its the height that matters. The stock optics are the exact same 10deg optics (in white holders) for xml/xml2 carried by fasttech.com and leddna.com. These are shorter overall at the optic itself, so other optics may or may not work. Some I have fit, others do not.

RAKC
    Ok, 1 camera bars (got my ion air going again), camera on chest mount, and one at the bottom of the fast descent, I better have all the video I was wanting lol.

AND FREAKING LOVING this tint alot now (~5000k tint) 23F out, frosty air and ground. Not just this light as all mine have it, but the wide 25deg optic, NW tint and right mount of output made the ride pleasant instead of a headache by the end from cool white tint glare.

Also my helmet pack started to suffer from the cold temps by the end, need to keep to my high discharge/low internal resistance cells for the cold as output was noticeably lower at the end of the ride. BUT THE WIZ20 WAS GREAT START TO FINISH!!! Even in sub freezing temps, high mode is enough to keep the head warm enough to keep the cells from being effected by the cold. Something NO OTHER self contained type light I've owned (which ive had a few single emitter ones) can do. Winter always trashed run time/output cause they wouldn't draw enough current to create any warmth. Bc30r is notorious for this. Start my commute bright, id leave it on high but output was equal to a level lower by the time I get home. That's 12-15mins...

RAKC
    Ok time to update:

The sample models we have received have one serious flaw. Other reviewers pointed it out after I had mentioned the problem since the clip for my rear battery door broke.

Plastic retaining clip on top of the light that holds the door.

So the production models will not be set up this way. Ituo sent me a machined aluminum latch which holds well but as pointed out, but can be hit by something releasing the door.

As I said Itou is ON TOP OF IT. They were fast to make an aluminum version (over the weekend no less) and get it to me. I think itll be fine and they are hopefully changing the design to something like a finger screw in the back. Which was my fix while waiting for a new latch, Allen screw. Rear door drilled and case drilled/tapped.

Unbelievable the level they will listen and make changes based on our feedback.

RAKC
    Ok videos are done!

Here's the ride videos. I didn't think my cameras were all so different on their night time performance. Odd that my least expensive camera does the best job for night riding.

OP is updated, links for both videos added.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Hi Tigris, I had a look at your video reviews good work, thanks.
    I have received as well from Ituo some updated aluminum battery clips. My plastic one is still going strong but I would feel more happy to have a metal one fitted. Just got round to change them. The pin removed seems to be a too tight for the new metal release clip. Did you have to bore it out slightly with a drill bit? or use quite a bit of force with a pair of pliers to get the pin through it? Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Sorted, I did run a very small drill in the new clip, and use a pair of water pump pliers and tape on the body so not to damage the finish, new clip is in place, tight and very secured, looking good!

RAKC
    No I didn't drill it, it's not designed that way and making hole bigger will allow pin to work loose. I just pressed it in properly, no mods or anything.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Thanks Tigris, the drilling was used by using a drill bit with just my fingers, no tools, this just removed a dusting of metal and allowed me to start it up and I still add to use a pair of pliers and put quite a lot if force to push the pin in so, this will not come off I am pretty sure, I kind like the look of the bare aluminum clip, match the bezel. :-). I got over Christmas a headcam capable of recording well at night, my Contour ROAM2 did struggle a lot unless I run about 3000 lumens and the footage was still very dark. I got a Sony AV200V, ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT at night, I will be able to do some filming with the WIZ20!

RAKC
    Very nice, Sony cameras are good. As im seeing with a new camera im reviewing (gitup git2), they are great at night except white balance may be off so video the light looks a good bit more yellow than it should.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I have to say from what I see on your video I'm very impressed with the beam pattern. Could just be what the camera is picking up but I saw three stages of beam intensity. A fairly wide exterior halo, then a more intense middle hot spot, followed by the true hot spot. On a side note,, what ever helmet light you were using has some good punch!!!

RAKC
    The cameras arent picking up the full spill, there is a useful amount of spill so you have more peripheral but not enough to be a waste.

Helmet lamp is my modified yinding. Xp-l hi v2 emitters @ 2.4A with 10deg spot optics. Has some REALLY good throw.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by indebt View Post
    I have to say from what I see on your video I'm very impressed with the beam pattern. Could just be what the camera is picking up but I saw three stages of beam intensity. A fairly wide exterior halo, then a more intense middle hot spot, followed by the true hot spot. On a side note,, what ever helmet light you were using has some good punch!!!
    Hi Indebt, I also have a review sample and have done more video recording this time with a Sony AS200V head cam, fitted on my bar. You can see the beam a lot better than with my the previous filming that I did with my Contour roam 2. The WIZ20 is a very nice light with a lot of plus: a good beam as standard, which I believe can be played with as they are using standard optics. I have been using so far only on the road, but I think this will be has good on the forest trails of Sussex. Check my last posting with my new video on my review USER 2 page User Review 2: ITUO Wiz20 bike light

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyraider59 View Post
    Hi Indebt, I also have a review sample and have done more video recording this time with a Sony AS200V head cam, fitted on my bar. You can see the beam a lot better than with my the previous filming that I did with my Contour roam 2. The WIZ20 is a very nice light with a lot of plus: a good beam as standard, which I believe can be played with as they are using standard optics. I have been using so far only on the road, but I think this will be has good on the forest trails of Sussex. Check my last posting with my new video on my review USER 2 page User Review 2: ITUO Wiz20 bike light
    Your video re confirms for me that this light has a nice beam pattern and more so has pretty good range as well. Am I safe to assume the thermal doesn't kick in very easily when moving as the whole body of the light must act like a heatsink?

RAKC
    There is no thermal, doesn't need it because the entire body is aluminum.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Makes sense!

RAKC
    Early in the thread there's details on me testing run time and thermal management of the case. 0 airflow it gets pretty dang warm but no where near hot enough to cause concern. If you live in the desert I wouldn't advise leaving it on high while stopped. Like any self contained light, that's just a very bad idea. Li-Ion cells dont like getting really hot. Will severely reduce life of cell and can cause them to vent. Learned that accidently leaving a pair of fully charged cells sitting in my garage this summer, thankfully they were brand name cells, so they only vented a little and leaked a little gel. Of course cells were junk at that point, the gel is highly corrosive.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I can also confirm, no thermal cut out and the whole body warm up on high so very good heat transfer. In the video on the farm track with all the tree, you can see how far the light do reach.I have not tried it with different optics, but I think the stock one do work well for me, but not tried it on a forest single track yet. I have done more filming this evening and I am hopping to upload it later on.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    video of the special modes -flashing modes posted, see my last post at:

User Review 2: ITUO Wiz20 bike light

arc
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    How much bulkier and heavier would a light like this be with 26650 batteries? Is anyone making one?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    How much bulkier and heavier would a light like this be with 26650 batteries? Is anyone making one?
    I believe just the battery's would be approx. 40 grams a piece heavier than the 18650's.

I haven't seen a twin led set up with the 26650's only a single like the ITUO WIZ1. It was about 40 grams heavier than the WIZ2 which uses the 18650.

RAKC
    Weight will be 80+grams heavier just for the cells. Due to diameter of cell increase, head would increase in bulk by probably 40% plus corresponding weight increase of the head itself.

No, no one is making them because too heavy and bulky for bars. So demand is rather low. Your talking 1+lb light mounted on the bars. Plus the shear size. That's where separate systems work better. Some may not mind the weight but easier to accomplish more run time by simply carrying a second set of cells.

Personally if I need more run time, dont want extra bar weight, have the pack low to keep the weight low on the bike but that's me.

arc
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    That's what I figured, would be nice though to have a self contained light for riding in the snow with remote pack like run times.

The weight would be lighter than strapping the pack to my stem like I do now.

Changing batteries out in the cold would probably lead to me dropping or breaking something important.

My Taz 1200 is great for winter riding but the run time sucks in the cold.

Thanks anyway.

RAKC
    Not sure what run time your looking for but these pull over 2 hours. Ya 26650 light for people like you would do ok. Advise for cold is keep the pack good and warm up until the moment you get on the bike. And too cold even this light would be effected. 26650 version with same output due to shear increase in surface area would see the effects sooner than an 18650 light.

I know with this light its not possible to drop anything changing cells, except the cells themselves. Nothing to take off or loose from the light, dont even have to remove from the bars.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    ...... Your talking 1+lb light mounted on the bars. Plus the shear size. That's where separate systems work better. Some may not mind the weight but easier to accomplish more run time by simply carrying a second set of cells..
    I have always wondered about how sensitive folks are to added weight on the bars. I've always used my bar light with the battery mounted to the seatpost. I don't notice any difference in how the bike handles or feels even when I load up my battery with all 8 cells.

One of my sons and I have nearly identical SC Blurs with the exception of he has a Fox Vanilla (coil spring) and I have a Fox Float (air spring) forks. Same travel etc. except the Vanilla is about 3/4 of a pound heavier. His bike definitely feels heavier in the front than mine and more "sluggish to pop the front tire over rocks etc. All because of more weight? Differences in damping too? I wonder if adding a relatively heavy all-in-one light to the bars would kill the lively handling I enjoy.
    GoPro adapters for bike lights http://www.pacifier.com/~kevinb/index.html

RAKC
    For me it depends on the bike. My mukluk I just put bar mitts on, plus had camera and wiz20 (literally just got back from playing in our hero snow lol, way too much fun), COULDNT FEEL ONE BIT OF DIFFERENCE. And bar mitts are heavy.

My 29er I can tell the difference between the wiz20 and a bt21 on the bars quite well. I account for it quickly, but I notice it at first. Put my Pogies (my pair I used prior to bar mitts Xmas present) that weight half what bar mitts do on that bike, I feel it.

3/4 of a pound in forks you'll notice but not horribly. Most of your issue is older fork. Damper etc will play a part in how the front responds. Also, unless his frame, seat position, stem, bar, stem spacers, all that is the exact same, you'll notice a different feel in the front.

Some are bothered by it, some not. On my fat bike I haven't reached my weight limit yet, though my right elbow begs to differ apparently atm. Think rigid fatty going over ice/snow chunks left by roads being plowed may be part of it lol. My 29er the wiz20 and camera is my limit before it bothers me.

RAKC
    Ok sphere is almost ready.

Also I got the sphere tests from Ituo directly since they have one and they also told me the variation between theirs and MTBR reviews sphere. So i have the "real numbers" to confirm against.

That said, their sphere numbers mean I was underestimating this light lol.

Ps: To date, still haven't ridden at all with anything but this for a bar light

mtbr member
    Ok sphere is almost ready.
    Also I got the sphere tests from Ituo directly since they have one and they also told me the variation between theirs and MTBR reviews sphere. So i have the "real numbers" to confirm against.
    Interesting, that's similar to how I estimate lumens using lux readings from my bounce tests. Your sphere will be more accurate and I look forward to seeing the measured #'s from wiz20 and other sphere results in the future.
    Mole

RAKC

Almost there!

RAKC
    And many hours running calibration tests (and the last little finish work). Its done!!!

Error is +/- a couple % obviously.

And results for Wiz20, well for mine which optics are not new anymore (cleaned them best I could lol) still coming out at 1514 lumens running the test as ANSI standard. 30-120seconds. Was at 1534 @ 30 seconds, stabilized out at 1514 lumens till just shy of 2 minutes where it dropped a couple lumens then stabilized again for a bit.

mtbr member
    And many hours running calibration tests (and the last little finish work). Its done!!!

Error is +/- a couple % obviously.

And results for Wiz20, well for mine which optics are not new anymore (cleaned them best I could lol) still coming out at 1514 lumens running the test as ANSI standard. 30-120seconds. Was at 1534 @ 30 seconds, stabilized out at 1514 lumens till just shy of 2 minutes where it dropped a couple lumens then stabilized again for a bit.
    !
    Mole

RAKC
    Had to check back with this.

Still loving this on the bars. Been able to get out a couple times lately. Been using it for around town/commuting type riding lately and works great.

Can't wait to see the wiz xp2 and xp3, whenever their ready.

Next is to do a run time/output test so I can get graphs going. That's the other thing I love about this light, its just CONSISTENT!!! Always gives me the same readings every time. Ituo is doing great things doing all their lights right the first time!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Had to check back with this.

Still loving this on the bars. Been able to get out a couple times lately. Been using it for around town/commuting type riding lately and works great.

Can't wait to see the wiz xp2 and xp3, whenever their ready.

Next is to do a run time/output test so I can get graphs going. That's the other thing I love about this light, its just CONSISTENT!!! Always gives me the same readings every time. Ituo is doing great things doing all their lights right the first time!
    Yes Tigris, I would be very interested in your runtime/ouput test and see how they compare to mine. You probably seen the post but an XP3 is on its way to me for evaluation, i should have it early this week, can't wait. I to being commuting to work with the WIZX20,and it is a good light. I have played a little with different optics, but I have come back to the stock one.. Also done some forest filming of a club ride we did a while back. Some was just with the WIZ20 and other with the a GLOWORM X2 on my lid, pretty happy with the results! (films on my review thread) I am a firm believer of twin set up for MB ie bar and helmet light, but if you are on a budget and do road and for instance XC and can only afford one light , that WIZ20 work well for both. Something else I like about the WIZ X series is the fact that they take standards batteries but you don't have to get them out for charging!

RAKC
    Ya that's the thing with this light. If you have money for only one light, CANNOT BEAT THE WIZ 20!!!! Especially with the convenience of the ability to USB charge anywhere.

That said it would be cool (though unsure what the market would think) if their USB charging system was made into an external little adapter that we could plug 8.4V packs into. Would be slow on anything but a 2 cell, but be amazing to have for weekend trips and such where wall plugs arent so easy to come by but you have you vehicle with you, use a car USB adapter. Or I also have a USB solar cell meant to be attached on the back of a pack to charge during daytime riding or just put out in the sun to charge whatever.

RAKC
    Ok here's the graph, first ever full on test like this. I need to get a way my computer can just track all this. Using a camera on time lapse photo mode, then manually type the numbers in.

RAKC
    OK heres a cleaned up version. Stinks Ill have to use my computer for graph pictures (open office) but google docs to go with all my other stuff.

Google link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...NSU/edit#gid=0

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Sorry if it's already been mentioned, I searched the thread and found no mention but now the ITUO lights are on Gearbest, for decent prices.

Ituo Wiz20 Cree XM - L2 1500Lm Rechargeable LED Bike Light-69.66 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I have just checked and they are using some of my photos without even asking permission!!!!!

RAKC
    Well they don't have permission for any of it, and pricing is manufacturer regulated to protect dealers so anyone who orders there wont get them.

mtbr member
    Well they don't have permission for any of it, and pricing is manufacturer regulated to protect dealers so anyone who orders there wont get them.
    Okay but how can Gearbest be selling these without the manufacturer's knowledge? That said , "Why would they sell to not make a profit"? This is all VERY, VERY STRANGE!. They are also selling the Wiz-1.

This I will say, "If I were truly looking for a great duel ( Cree ) emitter self-contained lamp I ( might ) roll the dice on one of these"....Gearbest or no Gearbest. Worst that could happen is that it wouldn't come and I'd have to file a Paypal claim. For the price they're asking I'd figure it would be worth the risk. ( **Keep in mind that they probably made a mistake on the listed price so expect it to change real fast ) ....ummm...then again this is Gearbest we're talking about. Well....while I might like to have a Wiz20 I think I'll pass on this...but only because it's Gearbest. Now if Kaidomain were to sell these I'd already have my order in.

It all boils down to this; *Gearbest or not to Gearbest (?)...that is the question.

( *People thinking of jumping on one of these..remember...it's Chinese New Years. No orders will ship for a couple weeks )

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyraider59 View Post
    I have just checked and they are using some of my photos without even asking permission!!!!!
    I just took a look at the ad again. Yeah, you're right, they are using some of your photos. The thing is those photos were likely provided to Gearbest by ITUO ( brand emblem is on photos ). Seeing that you are reviewing their lamps ( and they provide the lamps for free ) I don't think I'd complain about it too much. The way I look at it, the photos once posted on a public domain are free to copy. It would of been nice though if they had linked the photos to your review as that would have giving you some street cred. Anyway, I've seen other people do reviews and copy photos from manufacturer's website and post them online. Most of the time they never say where the photos came from. I guess ITUO probably figured, "What goes around, comes around"..."Good for the goose, good for the gander".

@tigris, You have ties to some people at Gearbest. Have you been able to confirm whether Gearbest is going to be a dealer for ITUO? If so do they actually have the lamps to sell?

RAKC
    Their on holiday, but my contact at Ituo said no they wont. The info GB has is from the distributor Ituo is using. GB has access to the same distributor. The pictures they have arent even the ones of the updated (after reviews) version, changes to the rear cover retention.

mtbr member
    Dealsmachine also has beam-shots that appear to be from Sykraider 59 and similar pricing too (no surprise).
    Mole

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Problem with the internet once posted you kind of have to rely on people courtesy to ask your permission for using your material. I have just received such an inquiry from the UK distributor and I have authorised them to use my review or photos on their website. Bright Bike Lights | Lights for Mountain Biking, Running and Orienteering

I also have email my ITUO contact yesterday, to try to get some answers , but he is on holiday. All I can say, when they did not have any dealers/distributors, I asked him about selling on ebay or Chinese Internet Giants and they were not interested by that type of business they wanted distributors in different countries, so like you guys I am not sure what is going on. The photos with ITUO brand name on gearbest don't appear to be ITUO photos as ITUO website photos are different! Also the WIZ1 has an incredible RETAIL PRICE on Gearbest, not in line with ITUO RP. All very strange!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMOLE View Post
    Dealsmachine also has beam-shots that appear to be from Sykraider 59 and similar pricing too (no surprise).
    Mole
    yes you are right, all lifted from my review, I had a look , they are hosted now their website, so even If i did put a kind of watermark or that would be too late.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    I have a neighbor kid I see riding in the dark and want to give him an older well functioning 300L commuter light. That would give me a good reason to grab this wiz20 from gearbest. It seems pretty legit but I've only used gb once and was pretty satisfied with service. anybody pulled the trigger?

RAKC
    Gearbest doesn't have them and as I understand it won't be able to neither.

Best to order from ituo directly if you want the light.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Gearbest doesn't have them and as I understand it won't be able to neither.

Best to order from ituo directly if you want the light.

Are you sure, tigris?
    Ituo Wiz20 Cree XM - L2 1500Lm Rechargeable LED Bike Light-69.66 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

RAKC
    100%. This is my thread reviewing for ituo . So I talk directly to them. They know about it as well but china is on Holiday, waiting to see the final outcome (at best prices will go up to proper if GB is allowed to carry them at all)

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    I have faith in you, tigris. But either ITUO or GB is lying. Simple as that.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wire View Post
    I have faith in you, tigris. But either ITUO or GB is lying. Simple as that.
    Well, if I had to put money on it I'd bet that it was GBest doing the lying...But...
    It's also quite possible that this is a case of, "Right hand not knowing what the Left hand is doing". If true than no one is really lying and the people who are suppose to know really don't know or just know what someone else is telling them is suppose to be true... ( does that make sense? )

I guess what this boils down to is, "We really don't know if GB has the lamps or not BECAUSE"...."We don't know if we can trust what the Chinese distributors are telling us".

The only way we're going to know for sure is if someone ( on forum ) pulls the trigger on one of these ( from Gearbest ) and posts up when ( or if ) they get the product in their hand. While I might like to have one of these lamps it's not gonna be me. I'm still smelling the stink of my last GB transaction.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    $10 off a $100 order email coupon from the controversial Gearbest. Now the decision to order the wiz20 is getting more difficult. With some panasonics and a few odds and ends this would make a crazy good deal. If it wasn't for the nw emitters i would not even consider this light. I'm on the fence but falling to the dark side....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Road View Post
    $10 off a $100 order email coupon from the controversial Gearbest. Now the decision to order the wiz20 is getting more difficult. With some panasonics and a few odds and ends this would make a crazy good deal. If it wasn't for the nw emitters i would not even consider this light. I'm on the fence but falling to the dark side....
    Well if you go with Gearbest I'll be rooting for your success. Be smart though, use Paypal and use a dedicated courier like DHL if you can. Take a picture of the ad for your records and if something happens don't be afraid to reference this forum if you have any problems with Paypal or GB. Cover as many bases as you can before ordering. I'd even recommend getting in contact with GB customer service FIRST just to confirm that they indeed have the item in stock. If they say they have the item in stock, second step, tell them to send you an email indicating that they have the item in stock BEFORE YOU ORDER, then save the email.....Okay, time to go for it, let's rock..

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Thx for the pointers, but my lbs has built my new bike today. So I'm out of the running. Cash strapped for a bit. My take on this situation is kinda like when Wally World is going to carry some product. They get the price they want. The manufacturer will make profit on sheer volume. And hopefully not cutting corners which is kinda inevitable. Negotiate at a street market. Or Hong Kong stock exchange....cutthroat pricing.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Received a reply from the folks at Gearbest if they physically had this light in stock...." Hi, it is not in stock temporarily.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Road View Post
    Received a reply from the folks at Gearbest if they physically had this light in stock...." Hi, it is not in stock temporarily.
    I am trying so, so hard not to laugh.......If I bite my tongue any harder I won't be able to talk tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    ITUO doesn't do business with Gearbest, fastech etc. And we also don't allow our distributors/dealers to sell to them. They just list our products on their website.
    And we don't provide guarantee or any services on those products purchase from them.
    Regards,

ITUO Team
    ITUO- reliable, affordable, performance bike lights
    www.ituoworld.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan89 View Post
    Sorry if it's already been mentioned, I searched the thread and found no mention but now the ITUO lights are on Gearbest, for decent prices.

I have just received an Email from my contact in Ituo, who is confirming That Ituo DO NOT SUPPLY Gearbest or Fastech or any other websites like them. Gearbest and others are just trying it on in the hope of getting orders. So this confirm also what Tigris did tell us and what I have heard in the past from Ituo. They looking to establish their business via Distributors in various countries which can look after Ituo customers. So they will not sale via Chinese websites like Gearbest.

RAKC
    OK received the updated/finished version today.

Wasn't really much to change besides the rear cover, they completely did away with the latch. Instead they went with a rotating lock on the rear cover. VERY NICE work on it too.

Rotates 90deg to unlock and cover comes off to access cells (got cells with this one). Nice and secure, clean and quality finish. Was rather surprised to see their fix for the issue. So much better.

Also, they will be offering wider pattern optics. 25deg and 45deg. The 25 deg is a bit different looking than you would expect for a beam. The tight spot is still hidden in the middle but a very smooth transition going out to the edge. Same as the ones I've gotten from fasttech/leddna. Beam is squared out as well (think GW x2/xs optics).

I'll get some beam shots tomorrow night if rain stays away. Hopefully able to see differences between optics on pics. It's pretty subtle unless you have 2 lights side by side or a similar light on the 10deg optics. Then you really notice it.

Oh and one other surprise I didn't expect, very professional, cleanly translated instructions. Little booklet. Much easier to sort out messing with the light programming and such.

Also, Ituo is in the US now.
    www.ItouLights.com

new wiz20s are supposed to be coming in or in stock. Another nice thing about Ituo is the US location is providing service and support so no waiting forever for warranty matters. I was told they will be stocking everything:

Lights
    Batteries
    Optics
    Parts
    And the QR gopro handlebar mount we've been bugging them for.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Sounds like Ituo has a solid plan with having US dealer. The light itself seems far above the big brand commuter light offerings. Definitely on my radar. Curious about the tint and what you would compare it to Tigress?

RAKC
    It's the same as most neutral white lights. 3C 4750-5000k tint.

Way I understand it, it's far more than a dealer, it's actually a branch of Ituo. Dealers can't provide full support. ItouLights is set up to make repairs to lights, everything.

Pretty nice deal I think.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast