Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBucan View Post
    .....manufacturers make great lights and then fail miserably on the mount construction
    I'm OK with that!!!!
    GoPro adapters for bike lights http://www.pacifier.com/~kevinb/index.html

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by formula4speed View Post
    My mount decided to fall apart while riding on pavement this morning. The clip that holds the light in just popped out, light came off and hit the ground. Note that a piece of the mount came off, it was not just a case of the light not being securely clipped in. The light can no longer be attached to the mount. The mount couldn't even handle commuting, so I wouldn't use it on an MTB without a backup light.

I had the misfortune of having the self discharge issue and a bad mount, no recourse at this point. So Ituo was just a failed experiment for me, not sure I'm willing to spend any more money on it, might just move on to something more reliable.
    Yup. I've had the same problems. I would avoid Ituo at all costs. Broken mounts and battery drain issues. It's a $130 gamble.

I would spend a little more and look at the Fenix Lights or the new one from Blackburn.

https://www.blackburndesign.com/ligh...down-1600.html

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I actually don't need that many lumens for my commute, but I am looking at Fenix and Blackburn options. They both seem to have options for user replaceable batteries that are USB rechargeable (very useful for commuting). I've dealt with Fenix customer service and they were great, Blackburn I don't know as well but I can get it from REI who stands behind everything they sell.

Definitely looking to spend my money with a company that has good after sale service this time around.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567