mtbr member
    May 2013

Under $100 Lights. HELP Which One of these?

Back into the sport after a break for many years and want to get some night riding going. I have read through the threads and come up on the lights below from various threads here. Having trouble pulling the trigger as I am not sure of the better choice. I am aware of the batteries being so so on these but can be upgraded for better performance/run time. Well, does anyone have knowledge on these listed and which may be the better choice? I plan to run on the bars and eventually get another for mounting on my helmet or even one of these on the helmet when getting a new one for the bars down the road. Opinions? Thoughts?

SolarStorm X2 Cree XM-L U2: $46.48 SolarStorm X2 Cree XM-L U2 4-Mode 2000-Lumen LED Bicycle Bike Light - black / 4*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

UltraFire 4x Cree XML T6 (3 Mode):
    UltraFire 4 x Cree XM-L T6 2600lm 3-Mode White Bicycle Headlamp - Metal Grey (4 x 18650) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

SKYRAY 4x Cree XM-L T6 (5 Mode): SKYRAY 4 x Cree XM-L T6 2400lm 5-Mode White Dimming Flashlight - Black (4 x 18650)

Can I also assume Lumen Rating is BS on these, right? They prob. fall somewhere under the 2000 lumen range?

Thanks Guys!

turtles make me hot
    The Ultrafire and the Skyray are the next generation of chinese lights. My son and a few of my friends have the earlier, single LED version with the same battery packs. For the money, they're great. Out of about 16 of them, ONE pack failed.
    By the way... If you can afford to get two lights at the same time, get em. I was riding a few weeks ago and forgot to charge my helmet light. It went out. It was pretty hard to see the trail with only my bar light. Also, bring a quality flashlight.
    I like turtles

turtles make me hot
    I like turtles