Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 217
  1. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by bad andy View Post
    I done some more digging. Yes, Sanguan is the manufacturer. There are a few examples of (non-U.S) retailers selling these: (UK apparently) The Lumenator - mtb batteries supplying portable power solutions to the UK (re-branded for them) & 2200 lumen light set

    Bear in mind the DX knockoff may not be an exact replica of that Sanguan unit, as it states T6 bin, vs. U2 for the Sanguan. I am intrigued by this lighthead, but may wait until more of them/variants hit the market.
    Nice find.

    The Sanguan unit has a pretty good UI according to the review which is linked from your links:
    Bear Bones Bikepacking: Sanguan SG-T2200 light review.

    It looks slightly different than the DX unit, there is more heatsinking at the top. The right button only turns on the strobe mode and the left button cycles between the modes (without flash mode). Maybe the DX unit is also made by Sanguan.

    Here's a seller in the UK for the Sanguan light.
    Sanguan Mountain Bike Light SG T2200 2200 Lumens not Lumicycle or Exposure | eBay

    Not cheap at all.

  2. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by KenBbike View Post
    Looks like there's a 3 lamp version now... Item 179088

    UltraFire D88 3 x Cree XM-L T6 2000lm 5-Mode White Light Bicycle Lamp - Black + Silver

    Moved the switch to the top. I think that is the one that glows with the battery indicator. Don't think I'd like that if it were on the bar mount - like you would really helmet mount this beast?

    Will let you know about the D99 when it shows up in another month or so...
    If the Sanguan is the manufacturer how do you explain the D88 version? Haven't done any digging on the net for that one...

    Btw I opted to cancel the D99 order since DX sent me the dreaded "waiting for resupply" email. I know what that could mean.

  3. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    420
    Here's a good review of the Luminator including teardown pics:
    Smudges Lumenator Seems a good un Singletrack Forum

    Another thread of reviews:
    Anyone got a Lumenator? Singletrack Forum

    The Lumenator looks like a rebranded Sanguan, not the DX light.

  4. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,244
    Quote Originally Posted by varider View Post

    The Lumenator looks like a rebranded Sanguan, not the DX light.
    Agreed. The evidence looks like the DX is a knockoff, though it may perform well. We'll have to wait and see until they hit the streets.

  5. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,667
    Quote Originally Posted by KenBbike View Post
    If the Sanguan is the manufacturer how do you explain the D88 version? Haven't done any digging on the net for that one...

    Btw I opted to cancel the D99 order since DX sent me the dreaded "waiting for resupply" email. I know what that could mean.
    Exactly....The explanation is this: One company makes the same brand but markets them under different names. In essence they are the same light but with minor differences. If you know anything about Chinese manufacturing you know this is not unusual. This is a marketing ploy that is done to accommodate the many vendors who might want to sell the lamp.

    Quote Originally Posted by KenBbike View Post
    ....Btw I opted to cancel the D99 order since DX sent me the dreaded "waiting for resupply" email. I know what that could mean.
    That might not have been a good idea. You were first on the list when the new ones came in plus you had a price lock. In the mean time you could of ordered a better battery and had it waiting for when D/X got the light in. Yes, you might have had to wait a month and a half longer but doing it the way I outlined would have saved you about $80 and given you an extra battery to boot.

  6. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    420
    Here's a guy selling the Sanguan unit in the USA

    SG-2200 | SpokeGrenade

    By the way, the triple DX (D88) still appears to be in stock, but people are complaining about not receiving their D99.

    UltraFire 3 x Cree T6 2000lm 5-Mode White Light Bicycle Lamp - Black + Silver (4 x 18650)

  7. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,244
    cool, a US seller. At that price however, I think my money would go to Gloworm.

    I'll wait for round 2 (if there is one) of the D99, hopefully with a U2 emitter.

  8. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,667
    Quote Originally Posted by varider View Post
    Here's a guy selling the Sanguan unit in the USA

    SG-2200 | SpokeGrenade


    By the way, the triple DX (D88) still appears to be in stock, but people are complaining about not receiving their D99.

    UltraFire 3 x Cree T6 2000lm 5-Mode White Light Bicycle Lamp - Black + Silver (4 x 18650)
    If these were going for just over $100 USD they would be worth buying. Unfortunately spokegrenade is asking twice that price. If I was buying at that price I'd look at the Gemini Duo instead. Sad when the seller doesn't understand the dynamic of the market place and what the competition has to offer.

    The D99's hopefully will be back once the Chinese New Year is over but don't expect them to be back right away or at the original price. ( ...although I hope I'm wrong about that. )

  9. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    420
    Yeah, that spokegrenade price is out of control, especially when the wholesale price is as low as $65.
    Sanguan newest type cree xml t6 led head lamp - SG-T2200 - sanguan (China Manufacturer) - LED Lighting - Lighting Products - DIYTrade China


    Cat, when is the Chinese New Year over?

  10. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,667
    Quote Originally Posted by varider View Post
    Yeah, that spokegrenade price is out of control, especially when the wholesale price is as low as $65.
    Sanguan newest type cree xml t6 led head lamp - SG-T2200 - sanguan (China Manufacturer) - LED Lighting - Lighting Products - DIYTrade China




    Cat, when is the Chinese New Year over?
    My understanding is that this year it starts on Feb. 10th. The celebrations last about 15 days. Pretty much no business is conducted during that time.

  11. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    17
    DX has a few different external bike mount battery packs....

    4400mAh External Battery Pack with Pouch for SKU 29489/30864 (4*18650) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

    anybody putting this together?

    ~j

  12. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,667
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgets&gear View Post
    DX has a few different external bike mount battery packs....

    4400mAh External Battery Pack with Pouch for SKU 29489/30864 (4*18650) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

    anybody putting this together?

    ~j
    Kind'a off subject aren't we? There is a battery thread going or did you not look?

  13. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,244
    So has anyone who ordered the d99 actually received one yet? Looks like DX.com even pulled a thread on the product discussion page about them never being shipped/delivered.

  14. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    420
    Very shady. Both units have been listed since the first week of January and there isn't a single review. So I doubt that they shipped any of them out. It's a shame really, I was ready to buy the double.

    I think the quad may be a better buy at this point, since we know that the strobe mode is hidden, and all four leds fire for every mode. The lighhead is only $35 or $40. Plus it appears to have overheat protection.

  15. #40
    www.airbornemtb.org
    Reputation: nick d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by bad andy View Post
    So has anyone who ordered the d99 actually received one yet? Looks like DX.com even pulled a thread on the product discussion page about them never being shipped/delivered.
    I received mine a couple weeks ago (from dx). i have yet to take it out on a trail, but it appears to have a nice beam and is much smaller than my ms. fit was ok with the geomangear batteries. the green button does control the flash modes as mentioned previously. it looks like if you changed out the o-ring mount with one from a ms it could mount even lower as the o-ring mount sticks up a bit high.

    overall it is a nice small light.

    ill give an update once it makes it out on a trail.
    Quote Originally Posted by HamfisT
    I understand that engineering has value in and of itself. But in the end, it's still just a pile of aluminum tubes.

  16. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by nick d View Post
    I received mine a couple weeks ago (from dx). i have yet to take it out on a trail, but it appears to have a nice beam and is much smaller than my ms. fit was ok with the geomangear batteries. the green button does control the flash modes as mentioned previously. it looks like if you changed out the o-ring mount with one from a ms it could mount even lower as the o-ring mount sticks up a bit high.

    overall it is a nice small light.

    ill give an update once it makes it out on a trail.
    I'm confused about the modes on this light. Could you please go into more detail about it. Is the strobe mode part of the regular mode rotation, or is only activated by pressing the second button?

    So does does the light go

    Low1>Low2>Med>High>Strobe>Low1>Low2...

    or does it go

    Low1>Low2>Med>High>Low1>Low2
    Last edited by varider; 02-28-2013 at 08:19 AM.

  17. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    9
    Hi guys,

    I work for DealExtreme and just found out today that we have a logistics problem on that light (d99) and unfortunately, it will not be restocked in the near future.

    Really sorry about this as it was a popular light and we sent all our first batch of them out. If you had an order waiting for restock please cancel it and select another light.

    ~joseph

  18. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,667
    Quote Originally Posted by DXofficial View Post
    Hi guys,

    I work for DealExtreme and just found out today that we have a logistics problem on that light (d99) and unfortunately, it will not be restocked in the near future.

    Really sorry about this as it was a popular light and we sent all our first batch of them out. If you had an order waiting for restock please cancel it and select another light.

    ~joseph
    As excuses go; that is the lamest excuse I've ever heard. , sorry but I'm not dancing to that song. I see these on the net being sold by other companies, either for bulk purchase or for a much higher price. Not only that but there is now a triple version of the D99 being sold by D/X that is almost exactly like the duel version but with three LED's instead of two. ( once again, for a little more money )

    My guess is that D/X couldn't sell the D99 anymore because it was infringing on some vendor contact with the manufacturer ( and they were complaining big time... )

  19. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    9

    Hi guys

    Sorry guys, I am not privy to the details of this. I just wanted to make sure that no one was waiting for something that is not going to restock. I wasn't attempting to make an excuse just Trying to inform the folks who might be waiting for it.




    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    As excuses go; that is the lamest excuse I've ever heard. , sorry but I'm not dancing to that song. I see these on the net being sold by other companies, either for bulk purchase or for a much higher price. Not only that but there is now a triple version of the D99 being sold by D/X that is almost exactly like the duel version but with three LED's instead of two. ( once again, for a little more money )

    My guess is that D/X couldn't sell the D99 anymore because it was infringing on some vendor contact with the manufacturer ( and they were complaining big time... )

  20. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,667
    Quote Originally Posted by DXofficial View Post
    Sorry guys, I am not privy to the details of this. I just wanted to make sure that no one was waiting for something that is not going to restock. I wasn't attempting to make an excuse just Trying to inform the folks who might be waiting for it.

    Understood. I assume then that the listing is going to be removed from the D/X website? If not, what would be the purpose of keeping it on the website if it's not going to return at a later date? D/X list many products that are quote, "out of stock". The presumption being if something is "out of stock" that it will "return to stock" at a later date. If the product is going to be "discontinued" it needs to be listed as such. As it stands right now people will continue to browse the D/X website and will hope the D99 returns to "in stock" status.

    The only question that remains is how the people selling the lamp ( under a different brand name ) are getting the lamp to sell it.

  21. #46
    www.airbornemtb.org
    Reputation: nick d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by varider View Post
    I'm confused about the modes on this light. Could you please go into more detail about it. Is the strobe mode part of the regular mode rotation, or is only activated by pressing the second button?

    So does does the light go

    Low1>Low2>Med>High>Strobe>Low1>Low2...

    or does it go

    Low1>Low2>Med>High>Low1>Low2
    the button on the left controls the intensity and on off functions. the button on the right putts it into strobe mode and changes the strobe functions. its a shame that it wont be available cause its a nice light...
    Quote Originally Posted by HamfisT
    I understand that engineering has value in and of itself. But in the end, it's still just a pile of aluminum tubes.

  22. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by nick d View Post
    the button on the left controls the intensity and on off functions. the button on the right putts it into strobe mode and changes the strobe functions. its a shame that it wont be available cause its a nice light...
    Thanks. That looks to be an ideal setup.

    They shouldn't have called this thing an Ultrafire, since it clearly wasn't made by them. Someone on the dx forums contacted them and confirmed this. Hopefully it will come back with different labeling.

    I'm kicking myself for not buying it. I was just waiting for one positive review.

  23. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    420
    It's back under a different name and a slightly cheaper price.

    FANDYFiRE D99 Cree XM-L T6 2-LED 1200LM 5-Mode Neutral White Bike Light Headlight - Silver + Black - Worldwide Free Shipping - DX
    (Thanks to prozoro on the dx forums for the heads up)

    Let's hope it's more of flood light, since I just placed my order.

  24. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,667
    Quote Originally Posted by varider View Post
    It's back under a different name and a slightly cheaper price.

    FANDYFiRE D99 Cree XM-L T6 2-LED 1200LM 5-Mode Neutral White Bike Light Headlight - Silver + Black - Worldwide Free Shipping - DX
    (Thanks to prozoro on the dx forums for the heads up)

    Let's hope it's more of flood light, since I just placed my order.
    Sorry folks but this is too good a deal to pass up. Looks like I'll be reviewing one of these as well. So much for all that discontinued BS. That's why I had to call D/X out on the issue. When something sells out it make's no sense to stop selling it. Capitalism 101: "Make it, sell it. If it sells out make more".

  25. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,244

    UltraFire D99 a promising new 2x light?

    I'll admit, I nabbed one too. Don't need it, all set with my current gear. I think I have a problem. though I couldn't pass up the deal.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •