Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Ultrafire 4x XM-L....good modes?

UltraFire 4 x Cree XM-L T6 2600lm 4-Mode White Bicycle Headlamp - Metal Grey (4 x 18650) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Here's the part that looks very promising.

Mode Arrangement Lo > Mid > Hi > Strobe

Press switch button for 3s into strobe mode, when on low, middle or high mode, press switch button for 3s to close flashlight
    Yes! Finally an inexpensive light that goes from low to high and hides the strobe mode. Unfortunately it doesn't clarify the output levels in each mode.

It has the slippery MS clone mount we all hate and a cheap battery, so there's still some way to go, but at least there's progress here.

29er
    Apr 2010
    who is gonna be the first to try it?
    i'd be interested, 4 XM-L is going to be a lot of output

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I'm interested, but I want to know the levels of each mode work first. I don't see this light on the Ultrafire site, so it's probably a fake. I sent an email to Ultrafire to find out about both, along with an inquiry to DX for more info.

29er
    Apr 2010
    let us know what you find out

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I'm interested

Carbon & Ti rule
    I just ordered 1 it's only $63 so why not.

I already own 4 lights with the smallest being 3000 Lumen but I always end up lending out lights so why not a cheapy

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    waiting for your feedback flashlight

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Suggestions New clones 3 x XML T-6 or 4x UltraFire XM-L ???

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan GSR View Post
    who is gonna be the first to try it?
    i'd be interested, 4 XM-L is going to be a lot of output
    Just don't expect to get an actual 2600 lumen.
    The 4-LED set-ups have been out for a while but not much feedback on those yet.
    This one shows some promise if the strobe mode is truly on a press-and-hold sub mode.
    Most importantly, there is no mention how the modes function. On the Tri-clones the modes came about by activating 1-2 or 3 LEDs. This unit might function like a more conventional bike light which, if it does, would be really nice. The battery will still be a little small for a 4-led unit but should be better quality than what you get from the e-bay vendors.

I look forward to some real user reviews. Like I said before don't expect 2600 lumen, maybe more like 1400-1500 lumen. Don't buy one if you aren't already planning on buying a bigger battery because it will likely need one.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    Just don't expect to get an actual 2600 lumen.
    The 4-LED set-ups have been out for a while but not much feedback on those yet.
    This one shows some promise if the strobe mode is truly on a press-and-hold sub mode.
    Most importantly, there is no mention how the modes function. On the Tri-clones the modes came about by activating 1-2 or 3 LEDs. This unit might function like a more conventional bike light which, if it does, would be really nice. The battery will still be a little small for a 4-led unit but should be better quality than what you get from the e-bay vendors.

I look forward to some real user reviews. Like I said before don't expect 2600 lumen, maybe more like 1400-1500 lumen. Don't buy one if you aren't already planning on buying a bigger battery because it will likely need one.
    +1

I have a couple on the way now.

I only expect it to be around 1500 lumen & yes that battery isn't anywhere near big enough for a 4 Led unit but I have plenty of batterys.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Yep, if I replace my Sky Ray S6 with this, I'll definitely keep and use my good 6 cell battery pack to use with this "Ultrafire" bike light.

I'm glad muzzanic is willing to gamble on being an early adopter. I'd love to, but my last two gambles have me disheartened. I'd like my next bike light acquisition to be a happy one.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Xeccon offered a 6.6 - 6 cell battery that would adapt to these clones for 49 delivered. I think realistically that is the best option and the light would work much better. You can keep the other battery as backup.

Possibly one of the issues w/ the medium and hi not working might be the supplied battery is just not strong enough and cuts power too fast as the unit senses the battery to be under the desired voltage needed.

Just a hunch tho.

MB

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Ultrafire has confirmed that this light is not made by them.

I do have that Xeccon battery and I'd continue to use it if another light replaced my Sky Ray S6 unless I bought an even better battery pack, one probably custom made from 4 26650's.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    DX says the brightness levels are 20%,80%,100%. There's not nearly enough separation between medium and high, but the separation between low and high is pretty good. They didn't comment about the Ultrafire branding.

A user on another forum has another light that looks exactly the same, and it probably is. He said the body is about the same size as a Magicshine and the pill doesn't make good contact with the body. That probably means this light has lots of flood and may not dissipate heat well enough. Those are just assumptions though. I can't wait to hear about how this light performs.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    "DX says the brightness levels are 20%,80%,100%".

Based on this and the price, I would think this is pretty crude. 1 LED on low, 3 LED's on medium and 4 LED's on high.

Let us know when you get it if this is the case.

Yeah, 26650's is probably ticket.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

mode brightness settings

Quote Originally Posted by mb323323 View Post
    "DX says the brightness levels are 20%,80%,100%".

Based on this and the price, I would think this is pretty crude. 1 LED on low, 3 LED's on medium and 4 LED's on high.

Let us know when you get it if this is the case.

Yeah, 26650's is probably ticket.
    I have another UltraFire from Dealextreme.com and the modes change the brightness of the 3 LEDs, it doesn't go 1,2,3 so I would think that this one would operate similarly.

As a note, I have had mine for about a year and am very happy with it (I also have a Magicshine).

Interested to hear about this one...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgets&gear View Post
    I have another UltraFire from Dealextreme.com and the modes change the brightness of the 3 LEDs, it doesn't go 1,2,3 so I would think that this one would operate similarly.

As a note, I have had mine for about a year and am very happy with it (I also have a Magicshine).

Interested to hear about this one...
    I'm still waiting to hear how these things work. I just ran across another version ( 4 x XM-L T-6 ) sold by Kaidomain. The Kaidoman version comes with a 6-cell battery pack. Same mode set-up as the Ultrafire version. This might be worth buying if the battery is at least 6000mAh. Kaidomain is not usually known for selling junk batteries but nowadays it really is hard to know. At least if you get one of these you don't have to cycle through a strobe mode. If the mode output is 20%-80%-100%...that would be unfortunate. A 50% mid-mode would have been the better way to go and would have given you a better option for longer run time without sacrificing the ability to see better.

On a side note I'm still kicking myself in the butt for not buying an Ultrafire D99 when they were available. Interestingly, the D99's are not available ANYWHERE. Everywhere I look they are sold out. I find that fact alone very interesting. That means like me, a lot of people saw these and liked what they were seeing. I'm hoping these will pop-up again when the Chinese New Year is over. For $35 USD they were a super deal.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic View Post
    I just ordered 1 it's only $63 so why not.
    Have your 4xXM-L arrived yet?

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by bobale View Post
    Have your 4xXM-L arrived yet?
    Yes

I will sit down tonight & wright a review.

All 4 Led's work on the dip modes.

mtbr member
    I'm thinking of buying one set, so good review would be very helpful. Mainly, I'd like to see comparison with $30 single XM-L light, so if you have one to compare it with, that would be great.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzanic View Post
    Yes

I will sit down tonight & wright a review.

All 4 Led's work on the dip modes.
    Cool! Let us know how well that 6-cell is working. Hopefully you have another lamp to compare it to. Looking forward to the review.

There is of course a 5-LED version out as well. Five XM-L's are going to draw a lot of power from a battery.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    The 4 x XM-L Ultrafire-light in the 1st post is sold out at DX

But they sell only the lighthead for USD 35.80
    4 x Cree XM-L T6 2800lm 4-Mode White Bicycle Headlamp - Grey - Worldwide Free Shipping - DX

Maybe of interest for those who already have a good battery and charger.

PS
    DX also sells a 6 x 18650-battery for USD 24.70
    8.4V 5500mAh External 6 x 18650 Li-ion Battery Pack - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Please note
    I have no personal experience neither of the light nor the battery

/Håkan
    SWEDEN

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HakanC View Post
    The 4 x XM-L Ultrafire-light in the 1st post is sold out at DX

But they sell only the lighthead for USD 35.80
    4 x Cree XM-L T6 2800lm 4-Mode White Bicycle Headlamp - Grey - Worldwide Free Shipping - DX

Maybe of interest for those who already have a good battery and charger.

PS
    DX also sells a 6 x 18650-battery for USD 24.70
    8.4V 5500mAh External 6 x 18650 Li-ion Battery Pack - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Please note
    I have no personal experience neither of the light nor the battery

/Håkan
    SWEDEN
    Wow...that 6-cell battery is using cells that are only 1500mAh each. That is really a "Jack Crap" battery. No wonder it is so cheap. What worries me is that these might be the batteries sold with the new 3-4-5 XM-L lamps.

As for some of the lamps that are sold out: Expect the Chinese to go into full production mode once the Chinese New Year celebrations are over with. That should be sometime next week.

mtbr member
    Muzzanic, when can we expect 4xXML light review?

mtbr member
    I know I'm boring you, but will you please do the review? I can't find any other useful info about 4x XML light online, it seems like you're the only one who bought it. Anything would be useful, I just don't want to oreder it if its not worth the money, or not better than 3x XML.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast