mtbr member
    Jul 2007

TwoFish LockBlock-light bounces all over the trail

I've got an MTE P7 on my handlebars and am using a twofish lock block. When the trail gets rough, the light beam jumps all over. I didn't have this problem with my TR-801, but the P7 is much bigger and heavier so the light moves a little more in the handlebar mount (I did tighten it as much as possible).

Any one have a fix, or what are you all using to mount the P7 torches to your handlebars?

Thanks!

Don't know if it matters, but this is the P7 I have http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.22567

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    The first thing I'd try would be to put a strip of rubber (cut from an old tube) on your bar before strapping the mount in place.
    It may help..............may not, worth a try though.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Any other ideas?

I tried making a stem mount out of a block of wood over the weekend, but I can't really figure out how to clamp down the block since it hangs over the front of the stem.

mtbr member
    Sure, how about Servo Tape, from a hobby shop? It's adhesive-backed foam tape. You can wrap/build up with it, and leave the out wrapping on (it's two-sided) so that you've got a durable surface to clamp to while the inner side grips the bars. If it doesn't grip enough, take off the outer skin and stick the clamp onto that!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Check out the link in my sig for idea's of what can be done!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by moggy82
    Check out the link in my sig for idea's of what can be done!
    Thanks! That helps a lot. I'd like to make something like the one below. What did you use for the top part of the mount? Also I found the Electron mount at CRC, but shipping is $14. I couldn't find it on any of the other online shops, are there other brands that are similar?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TwoFish LockBlock-light bounces all over the trail-pbpic2914924.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I use the larger version of the LockBlock, the CycloBlock, for my 18650 lights and find it to be much studier.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I had the same problem, especially after hitting up jumps and my lights are much slimmer than yours.

These are what I settled for in the end and have been using them since - economical, functional and not too shabby looking.

TwoFish: Fenix LD20 Mounting Options

If you do decide to make the purchase form DX, make it worthwhile and get an additional 1 - 2 units. You might decide to eventually run duals and its always good to have a spare in case 1 gives out.

Keep us posted.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Totally ghetto short-term solution, but it worked surprisingly well. The biggest problem is it's hard to take on and off. I might drill some holes through the wood and try to use velcro straps to hold the light to the block of wood.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TwoFish LockBlock-light bounces all over the trail-dsc03670.jpg  

TwoFish LockBlock-light bounces all over the trail-dsc03668.jpg