mtbr member
    Apr 2012

two magicshines one doesn't work, help

loaned out one of my eaby phoney magicshine to a buddy and it came back not working.

i put the continuity on the good one and no tone. when on the non working one i get a tone. is the wire bad(touching though a short) or is the lamp or internal bad?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    They're NOT Magicshines, so why would you title the thread "two magicshines one doesn't work, help"?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by fightnut View Post
    They're NOT Magicshines, so why would you title the thread "two magicshines one doesn't work, help"?

hey thanks for the kind words and all the help.........

because they are made in the same factory and look the same and share the same components and essentially the same.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    So because you cheaped out and went with "look-a-likes", you're going to slander the Magicshine name?

Why not title the thread something like "two XM-L T6 lights, one doesn't work, help"
    or, "two cheap ebay lights, one doesn't work, help"

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by fightnut View Post
    So because you cheaped out and went with "look-a-likes", you're going to slander the Magicshine name?

Why not title the thread something like "two XM-L T6 lights, one doesn't work, help"
    or, "two cheap ebay lights, one doesn't work, help"

you must be a very unhappy person. if you can't help don't reply. if you don't like the way i write my thread don't reply. if you want to argue, go somewhere else.

i never slandered magicshine. i even own one. these copy versions have a stronger center beam and throw farther due to different reflector dish. that is why i got them, not for any other reason.

they cost less due to cutting out middle men, not using cheaper parts.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ascarlarkinyar View Post
    you must be a very unhappy person.
    No, not really. It just gets old reading post after post of people talking apples to oranges. It happens a lot on this forum.
    I'm an apples to apples kinda guy. I believe in speaking in specifics, not generalizations.

It makes it near impossible to discuss the various "versions" of these Chinese lights if we lump them altogether.

That's all I'm saying. Good luck with your light, I'm sure someone here can help ya.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Hate to beat a dead horse, but if you had paid the extra money for a true Magicshine from Jim at Actiontec, you wouldn't even be posting this question. I paid the extra money for a reason and had a replacement for my defective lights within 2 days. It's not a Magicshine, so don't give them a bad name by referring to the cheap copies as one
    Laziness Breeds Efficiency

mtbr member
    i never slandered magicshine. i even own one.
    Your title states "two magicshines one doesn't work". You are stating that a Magicshine product isn't reliable. Which is false since these are NOT Magicshine lights.

these copy versions have a stronger center beam and throw farther due to different reflector dish. that is why i got them, not for any other reason.
    The cheap price didn't factor into this equation? They may also seem brighter due to providing more power than they can reliably handle. Making the average consumer think they are better. Not much light when they don't turn on, though.

they cost less due to cutting out middle men, not using cheaper parts.
    My experience is, you get what you pay for. I would bet the parts these lights are made with are absolutely cheaper. That doesn't necessarily mean they are worse, just might not stand up to quality control. A dead light can be a sign that either the parts or craftsmanship were of low quality. Could be a fluke, too.

I can certainly say it was not due to being a Magicshine product. Not that Magicshine can't fail. They also use lower quality parts to keep the price down. You can see this by simply comparing two similar lights side by side. Color, beam, and brightness will likely vary. But, let their products fail before you title a thread with Magicshine. Just saying.

And to be helpfull, Ebay probably has a replacement ready for you to "buy it now" for the low price of $35. Thats what i would do. Hopefully this light didn't fail on a sketchy downhill in the pitch black.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I just want to go on record saying that I'm not knocking the cheap ebay clones, I own some myself, I also own Magicshines. Very happy with all my purchases so far.

But, I do believe they need to be discussed separately.