mtbr member

TrustFire TR-801 lights for handlebar and helmet

I'm considering getting 4 of these. 2 to be mounted on the helmet and 2 for the handlebars.

Anyone else uses them?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I use 2 for the helmet and they are really nice. I use one p7 for the handlebar and two 801's for the helmet.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I dislike the bluish tint of my TR-801. IMO, I'd find something with a warmer tint. The blue really washes out details on the ground.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradyab
    I use 2 for the helmet and they are really nice. I use one p7 for the handlebar and two 801's for the helmet.
    Do you have a link for the P7 light you use?

I like at the one Geoman sells. Unfortunately the battery life is too short on that torch.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    16091 Aurora AK-P7-5 HA-III SSC P7-C 5-Mode 900-Lumen LED Flashlight with Assault Crown (1*18650)

This is the p7 torch that I use. I have 3 of them and the first one I bought still doesn't work correctly but the other 2 work great. You take a chance when you order from deal extreme. Not likely your going to go through the hassle of sending it back to China if its defective but at least you didn't spend a fortune on it. But this one only last 45min to 1 hr on high just like the geoman torch. Just pop in another battery. Real easy. The geoman is more expensive but they will back you up if its defective unlike deal extreme.
    I also have 3 of the tr-801's and 1 of them will not work unless I unscrew it a tiny bit. But for the price......I love em