mtbr member

Trinewt at Night: Video Test

I love my TriNewt:

Night Mountain Ride (HD) from Bri on Vimeo.

mtbr member
    The Trinewt has a wide beam pattern which makes it good for trail riding. Still I would really want a helmet light in addition to it. The video came out amazing. What camera are you using? This video is very helpful for people interested in buying this light b/c it shows exactly how it will perform on the trail. This would be great if they could do this type of video in the lights shootout in the future as it would show each light in action. Thanks for sharing Polar Bear.

mtbr member
    You are right about the helmet light. I actually was wearing it (a MiNewt), but turned it off because I thought the smaller focused beam moving around in the video would be distracting. The camera is a Canon Vixia HF11 with a Digital Optics .45x Wide Angle Adapter.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info on the camera Polar Bear. How well does the Minewt work along with the Trinewt? Do you wish you had a stronger helmet light or is the Minewt enough?

mtbr member
    Very nice video, Polar Bear.

I see from your other videos that you have a chest mounted camera, how on earth do you keep it connected to your chest?

I tried clipping mine to one of my Camelbak straps but when I got home I only had a video of my feet.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusHQ
    Thanks for the info on the camera Polar Bear. How well does the Minewt work along with the Trinewt? Do you wish you had a stronger helmet light or is the Minewt enough?
    I really like the set up of TriNewt on bars and MiNewt on helmet. I mounted the MiNewt battery on the helmet as well so there aren't any cables going into a camelback or anything. It is not too heavy and is very convenient.

Since the Helmet light is supplementary to the wide beam of the TriNewt, I find that the MiNewt is enough for me. Even around switchbacks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yetibetty
    Very nice video, Polar Bear.

I see from your other videos that you have a chest mounted camera, how on earth do you keep it connected to your chest?

I tried clipping mine to one of my Camelbak straps but when I got home I only had a video of my feet.
    What kind of camera are you using?

mtbr member
    Only a mobile phone, it does however do great video even in low light.

Just can't find a way to keep it attached to anything.

The new generation of mobile phones have really quite good camera technology these days but they never fit a tripod socket.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yetibetty
    Only a mobile phone, it does however do great video even in low light.

Just can't find a way to keep it attached to anything.

The new generation of mobile phones have really quite good camera technology these days but they never fit a tripod socket.
    That's really cool. My mobile phone is not that cool.

Most of the time I use a GoPro mounted to my chest. I mount the camera upside down, have the camera record upside down (so that it comes out right side up). I pivot the camera forward to compensate for the lean of my body.

29er zealot
    Very cool video. I've got a couple riding partners that rock the TriNewt and love it. I'm running the MOAB, which seems a little brighter, just not quite as clear if that make sense. Maybe not quite as crisp of light...hard to find the right adjective!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Polar Bear
    That's really cool. My mobile phone is not that cool.

Most of the time I use a GoPro mounted to my chest. I mount the camera upside down, have the camera record upside down (so that it comes out right side up). I pivot the camera forward to compensate for the lean of my body.
    Thanks for that, I never thought of upside down.
    I can always turn it the right way up on the PC after