Thread: Trail led

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Trail led

Hi I have bought two sets of tail led lights 2 years ago and have enjoyed riding with these lights ever since. More recently I bought two new batteries and a helmet mount. This was two months ago. When after a few weeks I didn't receive the product I emailed Grady who apologized and told me they would be mailed in one week. This was about one month ago. I have emailed several times without response. Does anyone have any other way to contact Grady at trail led?responseappologizee and told me

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by calves2997 View Post
    Hi I have bought two sets of tail led lights 2 years ago and have enjoyed riding with these lights ever since. More recently I bought two new batteries and a helmet mount. This was two months ago. When after a few weeks I didn't receive the product I emailed Grady who apologized and told me they would be mailed in one week. This was about one month ago. I have emailed several times without response. Does anyone have any other way to contact Grady at trail led?responseappologizee and told me
    Geez man....thats terrible.I know a guy at my LBS who knows him pretty good i'll ask him if he can get in touch with him.Let you know tonight.

Glad i never sent him any money,he's within driving distance from me and i would have knocked on his door.

trail rat
    This thread will help, maybe.
    Trailled.com
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I was told last night that he is SUUUUUUUUPER busy with tons of emails and the best way to catch him is at a race when he has his trailer set up and all...hope this helps,but thats all i have.Good luck.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Email him again for a refund.

He just updated his blog to stop taking orders, and finally responded with an apology on dorba to a two week old thread.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    It's a shame he can't get his act together. I'm on the second season with my Trail LED light and it's great. Works better than anything my riding partners have and it's only the 500L version. I was thinking about buying a second light for the bars but am apprehensive with all the delays folks have had lately. Hopefully he can get on the ball because he makes excellent lights at a reasonable price.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Did you get your order or a refund yet?

Several people have recently posted on dorba.org that they are still waiting on refunds promised to them back in December.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I too recently ordered an extra battery pack from TrailLed and never received it. After several attempts to contact Grady with no luck I filed a dispute with paypal and surprisingly they refunded my payment.

It is a real shame TrailLed seems to be no more. I own the DarkStar with 2 spot lenses and it has been a wonderful light. It throws better than any light I have tried with a nice wide spot beam making it an excellent helmet light. I could easily ride with just this light, but I still like using a nice bar light as I seem to be a bit of a lumens junky.

I have tried the Gemini Xera and more recently the Gloworm X2. Both of these lights are great at their price points, but my DarkStar still out throws them considerably. So the DarkStar will remain my helmet light for now.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    No refund or responses from many emails. I am beyond the 90 days paypal allows you to contest the charge, so the only way to get any refund is if Grady originates it.
    Anyone know where I can get those battery packs? Dealextreme?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    All-Battery.com: AT: Tenergy Li-Ion 18650 7.4V 6600mAh Rechargeable Battery Module w/ PCB Protection

This battery should work, but you would need to solder on the plug from your original battery pack or find that connector somewhere, but it is not a very common connector. It is a 6 cell pack with the same mAh rating as the battery I have for my DarkStar. You could also go with a 4 cell pack with a 5200 mAh capacity, but would loose some burn time. I think about any 7.4V Li-ion battery pack should work if you add your connector from your original battery.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    No refund or responses from many emails. I am beyond the 90 days paypal allows you to contest the charge, so the only way to get any refund is if Grady originates it.
    Might try disputing the charge with your credit card company, don't have much to lose by trying.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Wow im so glad i didn't send him any money...what a bum.I bought a Designshine 1300 and it is amazing.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    As suggested in another thread:
    I can't post a link here, but file a complaint with the Texas Attorney General. You can do so online.

Trail LED is listed as "not in good standing" with the state.