mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Thanks Scar/ Amoeba

I just wanted to post a quick thanks to Scar for supplying our team with lights for 24 hrs of Moab. Our team is a 4-man expert team consisting of all Boulder Firefighters. We will be racing in Team Switchback kits. Team Switchback was founded by two of our riders as a fundraiser for the charity Southern Exposure, a group that builds homes for people that have been ravaged by the drug war in Juarez, Mexico. You can follow Team Switchback at teamswitchback.blogspot.com. BTW, the team's founders, Tim and Eric, won the Race Across the West 2-man division this summer and raised enough money to build at least one home: I know it's just a road race, but we are proud of our guys.
    We just had a great training ride on Saturday night on Green Mtn with the lights. I can now say darkness will not be slowing us down. Great lights! Bright and so light you can't even feel them on your helmet or on the bike.
    So if you are looking for a new charity to support, please check out Southern Exposure, link on the blogspot.
    And if you are looking for a new light, please check out Amoeba.
    And if you do, mention us.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Just an update, lights worked flawlessly. We got 8th place, just 7 min out of top 5 after 24 hrs of racing. Really, we couldn't have been happier with out lights. I got lots of questions asking about my tiny lights. The batteries even topped off their charge in less than 1.5 hrs after riding a lap. They were so light you really can't feel them on your helmet. Thanks again Scar.