pain Only Hurts for a min
    Feb 2010

Superflash Stealth Vs Princeton Tec Swerve

okay I got my light system for the front now for the back...I've been doing a lot of reading and I believe I have came to a decision, but I want some other opinions before I buy.

I've been between the Superflash Stealth and the Princeton Tec Swerve.

From all my reading I believe the Superflash Stealth is the better light to buy.
    Am I correct on this assumption or am I completely wrong?

Somethings I've been debating:
    • The on/off functions. The PT Swerve seems to be the better system allowing you to just flip a switch and not have to fumble with pushing a button hoping you turned it on

• Which mounting system is better? Both do not look to reliable.

• Which is more visible?

Thanks in advance for the help!
    Just a Kid chasing his Dreams

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I posted my Swerve review here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...0&postcount=35 Cliff Notes: not recommended, due to issues with the mount, the reliability, and the visibility compared to the SuperFlash.

Video of the two at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96AYhdwr4r4

mtbr member
    FWIW...the SF mount is rock solid. It is a little hard to switch on/off when on the bike but not a big issue IMO. I have no idea if there is any difference between the SF Stealth and the standard SF. Both look the same to me but I've never seen the Stealth version as far as I know.

Feb 2010
    Wow! thanks between the review and the YouTube video, [there was a lot of other videos on the SF] I'm sold!

thanks a lot I've been debating these two lights for a few days now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do
    FWIW...the SF mount is rock solid.
    thanks Cat I was a little worried about this

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I know it is a lot more money, but if there is any way you can swing it, I highly suggest the Dinotte 140R taillight. It is WAY more visible than those critters.

-john

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccfoodog
    I know it is a lot more money, but if there is any way you can swing it, I highly suggest the Dinotte 140R taillight. It is WAY more visible than those critters.

-john
    Yeah, the Dinotte 140R is brighter...However, it cost lot$ more and is a bit more of a hassle to mount ( with the separate batteries ). The SF quick release makes it easy to remove.

Seven years ago most of us used either reflectors or the "What was new then", simple 3-5 led blinkies. Mine was a 3-led Vistalite blinkie. They were good then and they are good now. The Planetbike SF should be considered "The Middle Ground" for a night time rear bike light. They are almost twice as bright as the previous models of blinkies. They draw much more attention than the previous versions of blinkies thanks to the pulsing/strobe of the half watt led. For most people, this is more than enough for your average commute.

I'm not dissing the need for a Super bright rear light. I wish I had a 140R. It would come in handy if doing a day ride on a busy road, no doubt about it. Right now everywhere I drive I see people using the SF. They are simple, they are lightweight and they get seen. I still have yet to see anyone using one of the Dinottes. ( *Note, I drive at night for a living ). Maybe if I see a 140R while driving I will be impressed enough to want to go out and buy one. Until then I'm good.

Of course if the new-to-be-released MS Rear light is cheap enough and has a good mounting system I might consider one of those....

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Of course if the new-to-be-released MS Rear light is cheap enough and has a good mounting system I might consider one of those....
    in for one too!
    if the main criterias have a useable solution:
    - the battery?
    - the mounting system?

i'm sure it will be bright, but that is not all!

Feb 2010
    Yeah, the Dinotte 140R is brighter...However, it cost lot$ more and is a bit more of a hassle to mount ( with the separate batteries ). The SF quick release makes it easy to remove.

Yeah I don't want/need to spend the extra money on the Dinotte 140R, although I have heard a lot of good reviews on it. I like not have to mount a battery pack to my bike. I live in a small hicktown...the roads I'm going to be traveling on are back roads mostly I don't really have to worry about heavy traffic. More just for the random driver who thinks the road belongs to him.