mtbr member

Strykr as a helmet light?

Does anyone use the baja design Strykr as a helmet light? I know the pro works better as a helmet light but I want to use the strykr as a helmet light is it too heavy or big to use for a helmet light?
    Thanks

Do It Yourself
    Do it if you have to however the Stryker isn't lightweight by any stretch and there are other much better options.
    Long Live Long Rides

puts the FU in fun
    The weight isn't the issue IMO, but rather the high profile of the light. If you ride in heavy woods with low branches it might cause some headaches. I love mine, but it's staying on the bars!

mtbr member
    What are better options?
    I'm running the Strykr on the bar right now but need a helmet light because the trail I ride has a lot of sharp quick turns and a helmet light will allow me too see into the turns better. And I can't afford another light right now so I was thinking to convert the Strykr into a helmet light if it will work as a helmet light.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by coach2win
    What are better options?
    I'm running the Strykr on the bar right now but need a helmet light because the trail I ride has a lot of sharp quick turns and a helmet light will allow me too see into the turns better. And I can't afford another light right now so I was thinking to convert the Strykr into a helmet light if it will work as a helmet light.
    Since you already have the Strykr, you might as well give it a try on your helmet. I tried mine on the helmet and it felt top heavy to me. Of course, your mileage may vary.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by coach2win
    What are better options?
    For a helmet light to buy, IMO the Amoeba is number 1. Trail Led 500 next then probably the Lupine Piko. All three are small and light. Amoeba and Trail Led have beam options to suit your preference and sit closer to the helmet than the Piko.

I ride wooded trails in the Pacific NW. Lots of branches that droop down in winter, especially with our rainy weather and occasional wet snow. Helmet lights that sit high on the helmet are regularly hitting branches and often get knocked out of aim. If you have similar trail conditions it is worth thinking about this when selecting a light.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Guess i should have read ALL the posts above!!
    Last edited by indebt; 12-12-2010 at 06:39 PM.