mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Stryker vs. Stryker Pro beam patterns

I'm going to be getting either a Stryker or Stryker Pro as my only "light-the-path" headlight, which will go on the bars. I already use a L&M Vis 360 on my helmet, which is used to "be seen" and doesn't really do anything to light up the ground in front of you when its dark. Also I won't be doing any trails with this setup, this would only be used on roads.

I e-mailed Shannon asking about the beam pattern difference between the Stryker and Stryker Pro, he replied:

"The Strykr has a very wide angle with that reflector installed (it also comes with a spot reflector) while the Strykr Pro has a combination reflector that is half spot/half wide both of them are 700 lumen systems. Brightness is the same but the beam pattern is different."

So for those of you with both lights, which do you think would be better for riding on roads when its totally dark? Either light will be an upgrade from my MagicShine, but I'm just wondering which would be better for my uses, or if there would be no significant difference between the Stryker and Stryker Pro. Like I said, it won't be going on my helmet so the weight/size is not an issue.

Thanks!
    Last edited by lschmidt4; 12-06-2010 at 02:13 PM.

mtbr member
    If I am only going to run one light, it'll be on the bars and it'll be a regular Strykr with the wide angle reflector installed. That is a lot of personal preference though. I like having shadows being created from a low angle as opposed to from up on my helmet, I find if I run just a helmet system things appear flatter to me than they really are. That being said some people love just running a helmet system. The best situation is a bar mounted and helmet mounted light, plus that gives you redundancy on your lighting.

PS - I am one of the Few and the Proud male Shannon's...thanks Mom and Dad.
    Last edited by Baja Designs; 12-06-2010 at 04:41 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaDesignsShannon
    If I am only going to run one light, it'll be on the bars and it'll be a regular Strykr with the wide angle reflector installed. That is a lot of personal preference though. I like having shadows being created from a low angle as opposed to from up on my helmet, I find if I run just a helmet system I have a little bit harder to process what I am seeing into action on the bike, things appear flatter to me than they are. That being said some people love just running a helmet system. The best situation is a bar mounted and helmet mounted light, plus that gives you redundancy on your lighting.

PS - I am one of the Few and the Proud male Shannon's...thanks Mom and Dad.
    Awesome, thanks for the advice. I'll probably go with the regular stryker in that case.

And I fixed my mistake! haha sorry didn't realize you were a dude.

mtbr member
    No worries, let me know when you would like to pick up your Strykr!