mtbr member

Stryker vs Jet a-51

Been looking at both lights. Both seem to offer a quality product. I'm going to start with only a single light for some easy night time mountain biking. I'm thinking a bar mount to start with. Any major issues between the two products?

--
    Bill

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Are the Jets back in stock yet?

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Both good lights, comparable lumens. Strykr has a lifetime warranty on the head unit, year on the battery, but is also heavier by +150 grams. Strykr will cost you $70 more unless Shannon is still offering the $100 off trade in. Jet charges an extra $30 for the bar mount.

I've been using the Strykr for last 3 weeks, very happy with it. Several mtn bike friends like the A51. I don't think you could go wrong with either.

Do It Yourself
    If you only have one light, I would get a helmet light. For the helmet light, one of the key factors is weight. In this category, the Jet looks to be significantly lighter. I would get the Jet. Plus you don't have to bother with trading in an old light.
    Long Live Long Rides

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew
    If you only have one light, I would get a helmet light. For the helmet light, one of the key factors is weight. In this category, the Jet looks to be significantly lighter. I would get the Jet. Plus you don't have to bother with trading in an old light.

Helmet light = Stryker Pro 102grams mount is 16 grams 118grams and alot of light output...
    Love mine, and I agrea if yu have 1 light probably go helmet.
    My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

mtbr member
    Thanks for the input guys. Back in the day (many moons ago), I had an old Nightsun that due to battery size warranted a bar only mount. That said, I think the consensus is the helmet mount is the best if there is only one. I do have a cheapy camp light to carry just in case.

Stryker Pro is a bit out of my range but the Strykr is fine. Was not aware of the Jets being out of stock. Sounds like since I can't really go wrong I''ll try the Jet when they get back in stock (a bit cheaper).

--
    Bill

mtbr member
    Stryker Pro is also $145 more than the Jet Lites A51. A slight bit lighter isn't worth the $145 to me personally.

The Jet Lites A51s are back in stock. I have mine on its way to me now. Can't wait to get it hooked up and go riding.

If you have an old light to trade it, the A51 and Stryker (non Pro) are the same price. If you don't have an old light to trade in, the Stryker will cost you an extra $100. It's a great light, but I don't see it being anywhere near worth $100 over the A51. $10, maybe, $100 no way.

mtbr member
    I'm sort of disappointed with the LUX rating of the Strykr pro. BUT I'll say it has a non production reflector and lens and they are still working on that. I wonder if they are running the MCE led at the same rating as the regular Strykr.

That said, the JET A51 and Strykr Pro have the exact same LUX rating in the shootout so I'd probably pick the one that costs less.
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by betweenrides
    ...Strykr has a lifetime warranty on the head unit, year on the battery....
    Baja Designs offers a 1 year warranty on their batteries? I wonder why the Baja Designs warranty page says the battery warranty for Li ion or Li Po batteries is 2 years. Anyone know which it is?