Devils Child
    Jul 2013

Solarstorm X2 Mounting Option Needed

hi all, finally got myself a set of lights for the winter months.
    now my question is when i mount them to my bars they are not straight due to my bars being angled.

is there a way i can mount the light to the top of my stem so they are in the middle of the bars and straight.

hopefully some1 can help me out.

regards
    Mick

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Devils Child
    Jul 2013
    thank you kind sir, much appreciated, must of missed it as browsed that topic and didn't even notice the brackets.

thank you again
    Mick

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    You're welcome!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I would imagine that some stems wouldn't suit themselves well to a stem mount, as the stem could have too steep of a rise that it would get in the way of the beam, not to mention the cables could also be right in the beam.

I have the MT-201 bracket from Action Led. Not only does it center the light, but it puts it out front, so your cables don't get in the way of the beam.
    One thing to keep in mind if you get one of these, you will need to do something so it isn't so smooth. I just roughed it up with some course sandpaper and that did the trick, my light no longer slips.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by fightnut View Post
    I would imagine that some stems wouldn't suit themselves well to a stem mount, as the stem could have too steep of a rise that it would get in the way of the beam, not to mention the cables could also be right in the beam.

I have the MT-201 bracket from Action Led. Not only does it center the light, but it puts it out front, so your cables don't get in the way of the beam.
    One thing to keep in mind if you get one of these, you will need to do something so it isn't so smooth. I just roughed it up with some course sandpaper and that did the trick, my light no longer slips.
    Do you have the 201P or the much more expensive aluminum 201? I know I'll need something better than the rubber band thing it comes with as well.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rvanderwerf View Post
    Do you have the 201P or the much more expensive aluminum 201? I know I'll need something better than the rubber band thing it comes with as well.
    My mistake, it is the MT 201P (the cheapest one they have). You still use the rubber band of course. It's just a really smooth plastic bar, so it needs a little roughing up for the rubber O-ring to grip.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by fightnut View Post
    My mistake, it is the MT 201P (the cheapest one they have). You still use the rubber band of course. It's just a really smooth plastic bar, so it needs a little roughing up for the rubber O-ring to grip.
    Put a wrap of Duct tape or friction tape around it and the light stays put

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    cool I ordered the 201P. Whenever I get my lights via singapore post I will be ready. I did not order batteries so hope I goes through a little faster.

Devils Child
    Jul 2013
    201P ordered and arrived.
    so far very pleased for the price.
    light now mounts up front the way it should, no issues with moving and i didn't use the extra rubber mount but it might come in handy.

here are a couple of images i took, cables need a little tidy up but ill do that later.