Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37
    mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Oh yes, these photos were funny when I saw them on ebay It was our stuff we posted here but really don't know the page number. Also Kir should have some photos of his X2 - he has a big collection of various versions across whole China Basically if the driver works and is soldered OK then no worry no matter if is red, green, blue, black, ... I would stick with the one the light came to the moment it stops working and look for a replacement thereafter. ... and to those pills, if they get loose drop some thermal compound and you'll be fine. The reflector should hold these pills firmly - this should be checked and if not you may add some spacers/insulators also.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by garrybunk View Post
    And the cheapest choice name brand protected batteries to use with it are these protected Samsungs from Banggood:4PCS 18650 3.7V 2600mah Lithium Rechargeable Battery For Samsung - US$18.65 I bought 2 sets of 4 batteries and they are genuine Samsungs (also verified by BLF members). Thats's a great deal!

They also shipped out within 24hrs and I had them in about 2 weeks. Keep in mind the lithium ion international shipping issues. These shipped Malaysia Post which has horrible tracking (tracking fine once it hit US) and is usually known to be slow. Guess I got lucky. Banggood has also had a decent reputation over at BLF lately.

-Garry
    Hello Garry!

I also got the head-only from LightMalls so I now need a proper battery. I got the battery box currently on dx, but it has no protection circuit module. Are those 18650 still the best deal around for good protected cells?

EDIT: Found this: Wholesale Buy UltraFire 18650 3.7V 3000mAh Protected Li-ion Rechargeable Battery - Online WHolesale Worldwide Free Shipping!!! Isn't Ultrafire a good brand? I know Samsung is better, but these are also very cheap.
    Last edited by MojoRisin; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:15 AM.

mtbr member
    Don't EVER buy UltraFire batteries! Almost always junk recycled cells and can be very dangerous. Stick with name brands. I don't know what the best current deal is, sorry.
    -Garry

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    @MojoRisin Samsung is very good deal. Per my tests they deliver full 2600mAh up to 3A. You'll hardly get better price elsewhere. I can recomed them. Don't ever think to buy any ...Fire batteries, expecialy cheap ones! They are more or less trash, throwing money in the toilet. With Samsung you'll be happy for 5+ years if treat them right.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

SolarStorm/FandyFire X2

Ok, everybody! Thanks Will get the samsung pack for sure then.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37