Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scar View Post
    Also did a quick video with my Camera. I know it is not an urban setting but it was what I had to work with this morning.
    Cool ! I also just made a new video with 400R, RZ8 and Bike After Dark

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Androgen, great video. There are several modes and flashing routines you can configure on the red zone 8. There seems to be 3 solid modes and 5 flashing modes (each flashing mode can be 1 out of 8 different patterns). See the document linked here for making your selections and changing from the default setup (page 3 of doc)

http://dev.niteflux.com/wp-secure-co...-Zone-2013.pdf

I the programming is the same as the "old" version of the red zone 4. See vid here...
    red zone 4 power and flash settings intro.mp4 - YouTube

I would like to see some videos of the additional selections if you get a chance and I will be curious to know what you end up selecting.

Do you only use the 400R in solid modes? No flashing modes?

mtbr member
    i spoke with Dinotte again today, and asked about Daytime Red again.

Dinotte reiterated that regular 400R is 240 lumens and Daytime Red is 400 lumens. they also confirmed that run times are almost the same despite extra output - they said the Daytime Red is more efficient due to the different electronics and running the LEDs at more optimum levels by using more LEDs rather than driving just two LEDs harder.

I then asked Dinotte to confirm that Daytime Red beam is narrower and this time Dinotte said "not really" and that it is in fact quite similar.

I asked Dinotte if they would ever make a 400 Lumen light for night-time use with wider pattern, and they said NO. Said 400 Lumens is too much and they don't want to get in trouble with the law for selling a 400 Lumen night time light.

Dinotte said that using the Daytime Red at night could cause an accident by disorienting the driver and that Daytime Red should never be used at night. Well, that's their legal logic.

Dinotte sounded pretty nervous talking about Daytime Red - they're really worried about lawsuits due to its brightness - if they find out people are using them at night they will probably pull the plug on it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Has anyone done a video comparison of Daytime Red and Designshine side by side?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by purifier82 View Post
    Has anyone done a video comparison of Daytime Red and Designshine side by side?
    as far as i know nobody did anything with Daytime Red except a few lousy shots that don't show anything.

pethelman says he has a customer with both DS500 and Daytime Red and the customer reports DS500 is much brighter. this wouldn't surprise me as DS500 has a more sophisticated beam pattern and 500 lumens versus 400 for Dinotte.

pethelman also says he already has a 1000 lumen model but just as with the previous one it will be damn near impossible to get.

i may soon be doing a video comparison between Dinotte 400R Daytime Red and regular Dinotte 400R

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2