Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2012

SKY RAY S6 3xCREE XM-L T6 LED 2500Lumens 4-mode Bike light/ $57

SKY RAY S6 3xCREE XM-L T6 LED 2500Lumens 4-mode Bike light_Bike Light_Electronics Wholesale online

I've bought flashlights from this company before, he has been very good to us. I don't know anything about this light but came across it this evening and wanted to share it. I just bought a Cree XM-L T6 from E-Bay for $36. If I hadn't bought that, I would have bought this. Maybe another here can shed some light on this....

p

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by saypat View Post
    SKY RAY S6 3xCREE XM-L T6 LED 2500Lumens 4-mode Bike light_Bike Light_Electronics Wholesale online

I've bought flashlights from this company before, he has been very good to us. I don't know anything about this light but came across it this evening and wanted to share it. I just bought a Cree XM-L T6 from E-Bay for $36. If I hadn't bought that, I would have bought this. Maybe another here can shed some light on this....

p
    While I've bought from cnqualitygoods myself in the past and have nothing bad to say about them, with only 12 posts to your name and a join date in Sept. of this year, your mentioning ( and linking ) of this product reeks of spam....maybe borderline spam but spam all the same. Don't be surprised if the moderators remove your post.

saypat, I'm not saying you are a spammer but you need to know that there are people who join MTBreview with the expressed intent to barter their wares. Usually when they do this they only have a handful of posts and have joined VERY RECENTLY ( as you have )....just saying.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    It's a tough world to get along in, freedom is disappearing. I am a photographer and was once taking pictures of innocent school children at play on the playground. When I looked up, a man asked me what I was doing??? I invited him to invite the police out,, and he did. The police patted me down! In my mind I was not the offender but I thought the offender was the one harassing me! The officer looked thru my pictures with my permission (I always cooperate) and saw how harmless they were. Free to go. And the offending parent thanked me for my cooperation. Some other photographer might not have been so cooperative. I had respect for the offender, protecting the children.
    I think with any discernment, one could tell that there is no spam intent in my post above, seriously. But, police if you must, and moderate if you will, I understand, and thank you. But, I will continue to represent the good in this world, disappearing as it is.
    Cat-man, I appreciate your posts and continue to learn from them.

just sayin'
    patrick

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by saypat View Post
    It's a tough world to get along in, freedom is disappearing. I am a photographer and was once taking pictures of innocent school children at play on the playground. When I looked up, a man asked me what I was doing??? I invited him to invite the police out,, and he did. The police patted me down! In my mind I was not the offender but I thought the offender was the one harassing me! The officer looked thru my pictures with my permission (I always cooperate) and saw how harmless they were. Free to go. And the offending parent thanked me for my cooperation. Some other photographer might not have been so cooperative. I had respect for the offender, protecting the children.
    I think with any discernment, one could tell that there is no spam intent in my post above, seriously. But, police if you must, and moderate if you will, I understand, and thank you. But, I will continue to represent the good in this world, disappearing as it is.
    Cat-man, I appreciate your posts and continue to learn from them.

just sayin'
    patrick
    My apology. Sometimes things look a certain way but aren't. I think this is one of those moments.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Saypat is a member in good standing over at Budget Light Forums, Cat-man-do, I can vouch for him.

This light is drawing some interest over there, but we have questions on mount and batteries. Looking for info if anyone at MTBR is familiar with it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

MJ 872now just 39.99 + 3 delivery!!!!!

And the prices just continue to dump.

Magicshine MJ 872 now $39.99 + $3 delivery, total $42.99

Makes if very tough for others to compete.

[USA] MagicShine MJ-872 1600LM 4*Cree XP-G LED Bike Light (LIGHT HEAD ONLY) | eBay

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by betweenrides View Post
    Saypat is a member in good standing over at Budget Light Forums, Cat-man-do, I can vouch for him.

This light is drawing some interest over there, but we have questions on mount and batteries. Looking for info if anyone at MTBR is familiar with it.
    They are drawing interest here as well. Looks like the beam pattern is an intense spot because the reflectors are smooth. It might have been better if the reflectors were OP. At least they got the mode selection right by including a mid-mode. I can't speak to the battery or run time issue. The mount looks like standard O-ring set-up. I enhanced the photo below to show it better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SKY RAY S6 3xCREE XM-L T6 LED 2500Lumens 4-mode Bike light/ -dscf3213.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mb323323 View Post
    And the prices just continue to dump.

Magicshine MJ 872 now $39.99 + $3 delivery, total $42.99

Makes if very tough for others to compete.

[USA] MagicShine MJ-872 1600LM 4*Cree XP-G LED Bike Light (LIGHT HEAD ONLY) | eBay
    No battery though. Just so nobody is expecting one.

Drinkin' the 29er KoolAid
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    They are drawing interest here as well. Looks like the beam pattern is an intense spot because the reflectors are smooth. It might have been better if the reflectors were OP. At least they got the mode selection right by including a mid-mode. I can't speak to the battery or run time issue. The mount looks like standard O-ring set-up. I enhanced the photo below to show it better.
    An interesting light for sure, but I wonder if it is anything even remotely approaching 2500 lumen as we all know how accurate the claims of Chinese light manufactures tend to be.

If it does actually put out 2500 lumen the next concern becomes the ability of that housing to dissipate the heat that would be generated... doesn't look like there is anywhere need the needed surface area and I bet the driver doesn't have any thermal protection so I'm thinking this might make a good winter light only.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarwick View Post
    An interesting light for sure, but I wonder if it is anything even remotely approaching 2500 lumen as we all know how accurate the claims of Chinese light manufactures tend to be.

If it does actually put out 2500 lumen the next concern becomes the ability of that housing to dissipate the heat that would be generated... doesn't look like there is anywhere need the needed surface area and I bet the driver doesn't have any thermal protection so I'm thinking this might make a good winter light only.
    Thought I'd add my 2 cents, hello everyone, I'm a new member to the forum and fairly new to cycling, having moved a few months ago to the central Highlands of Vietnam it seemed like a great opportunity to get into cycling. I've frequented the forum on occasion and it's a great resource of information for cycling in general, in particular for newbs like myself.

Regarding this bike light, it has a very similar head design to the Skyray King which is a very popular and heavily reviewed flashlight on the budgetlight forum. It handles heat well and produces around 2400L, so it's not unreasonable to assume this particular bike light handles heat well and performs similarly to the King. Fancyfashlight/CNquality goods also has a reasonably good standing with budgetlight forum, and I've been dealing with customer service to pry out more information. I've had confirmation that they are both similar in performance, although I've asked and am still waiting for more concrete information, such as how many amps each led is driven at.

It's similarities to the King is why it's probably getting a lot of interest. Question is how good are the cells in the battery pack and can they hold high currents for long. It looks like a standard magicshine clone type battery pack that requires some DIY waterproofing, so I wouldn't be too hopeful. Still, for the price it looks promising, and it looks like it will work with your typical magicshine battery packs.

For chinese Lumens Lightmalls is also selling it at 3600 Lumens

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Hi, JR - welcome to MTBR - good to see you over here too.

@ Cat-man-do. Thanks for that pic, I agree it looks like a standard MS type mount. Good news for me is I have a hard mount from my BD Strykr that should work on this light.

Anyone have some links on sources for better bar mounts that will work on this light?

mtbr member

@ Cat-man-do. Thanks for that pic, I agree it looks like a standard MS type mount. Good news for me is I have a hard mount from my BD Strykr that should work on this light.

Anyone have some links on sources for better bar mounts that will work on this light?
    You're welcome. There is a new mount being sold by the makers of the Fluxient triple XM-L ( U2). Looks like a real nice mount and has a slide in clip for the lamp to make it quick release. It will also swivel a bit I understand. Nice touch. I saw it being sold on e-bay ( UK ) for about $15. Sorry, I didn't save the link. The mount now comes standard with the Fluxient triple XML set-up. If I see it again I'll post the link.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I have one of these on the way. I'm planning on bar mounting this light, and getting a Magicshine 808 for my helmet, so I'll have both lights to compare. I won't have a trail report though since my mountain bike got stolen.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Thanks betweenrides! I was going to mention action led lights for mounting options,but noticed you beat me to it on BLF..

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I also have one on the way, I have a Skyray King so can compare it to that aswell as a MJ-808 / MJ-808E and a 872.

Mount wise i still use the Electron mount as Troutie has used on his lights until the very recent ones. I think i have just the one left now.

Their may be a link on my sig or user gallery.

Moggy

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by moggy82 View Post
    I also have one on the way, I have a Skyray King so can compare it to that aswell as a MJ-808 / MJ-808E and a 872.

Mount wise i still use the Electron mount as Troutie has used on his lights until the very recent ones. I think i have just the one left now.

Their may be a link on my sig or user gallery.

Moggy
    Hi Moggy, it won't be as bright as the Skyray king, it has a different driver and each emitter is driven at 1.8A, I had confirmation from fancyflashlights. You'll probably get close to 1600 lumens, which is still insanely bright for a bike light.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Mine might be here by the end of the week. It's been in Los Angeles for a couple of days, and that's close to where I am.

I decided against the MJ-808 and got a Dongrui DR-B18. It's a 26650 light. The head appears to be the same dimensions, so it'll probably have similar throw.

mtbr member
    Hey guys, I hope the Skyray XM-L triple doesn't work like the other clone triple that I ordered.. see this post
    You might have to hold your breath till someone actual has one to know how it will work.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    Hey guys, I hope the Skyray XM-L triple doesn't work like the other clone triple that I ordered.. see this post
    You might have to hold your breath till someone actual has one to know how it will work.
    It does:

"Mode:4 mode(Lo(single LED working)>>Mid(double LED working)>>Hi(three LED working)>>Strobe)"

(from the website in the OP's post.)

Tim

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    It does:

"Mode:4 mode(Lo(single LED working)>>Mid(double LED working)>>Hi(three LED working)>>Strobe)"

Tim
    Ah...at least CNQualitygoods does make mention of it. Still, I wonder how many people saw it or knows what it means. The one that I bought....no mention at all. I hate it when that happens...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Me personally, I don't have an issue with the modes being set by # of led's (low=1 led, medium=2 leds, etc).
    I pretty much always run my lights on high. The only time I would change it would be for a trail side repairs where I would turn down to low or medium to conserve battery (and because high would be too bright for working on a flat tire just two feet infront of me).

But I can see Cats point, if you change your modes from time to time, a different beam pattern would be kind of annoying. Perhaps those with personal experience with this can tell us, is it REALLY noticeable?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by leaftye View Post
    I decided against the MJ-808 and got a Dongrui DR-B18. It's a 26650 light.
    leaftye when you get that Dongrui DR-B18 throw up a little review and let us know the run times with the 26650. Neat set up with the clip and all.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by fightnut View Post
    leaftye when you get that Dongrui DR-B18 throw up a little review and let us know the run times with the 26650. Neat set up with the clip and all.
    No promises on run time, but I'll see if I can find the amps pulled to predict battery life. If I can keep better logs of my rides, I'll have some real world run times too. I expected to run this battery all the way down, so I bought some Trustfire 4000 mah protected cells. Another vendor may be bringing Keepower branded protected 26650s with Sanyo or Panasonic cells, which I'm very interested in.

What I really want is a headlamp version of the Ultrafire HD2010. That light has a big reflector that makes it a very throwy light, which I think makes it perfect for mounting on a helmet. The flashlight uses a 26650, which I'd like to see in the headlamp version as well. Buying the Dongrui was my way of showing that there's interest in 26650 headlamps.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    It does:

Tim
    Dang, I hadn't noticed that. In this case the middle mode is worthless as there's not a big enough step between the modes. I'd like to see something like a 3X jump between modes, not 1/3rd.

Now I really want to take it apart and see what kind of modding potential it has.

Quote Originally Posted by fightnut View Post
    But I can see Cats point, if you change your modes from time to time, a different beam pattern would be kind of annoying. Perhaps those with personal experience with this can tell us, is it REALLY noticeable?
    I believe light is like sound where it requires a 4X increase before a 2X increase is perceived by our senses. So I think the spacing between modes is way too small.

Since this light has a bigger head that the ebay Cree 3X light, it might be more of a thrower. The reflector cups are much more separate in terms of shared circumference and depth, so the beam pattern may not be affected much.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Got a bit of bad news. The battery plug is different than what Magicshine uses. I saw that both chargers output 8.4V, but the Magicshine charged at 1.8A instead of 1A for the SkyRay, so I wanted to use the Magicshine charger. If it was compatible, it would also mean I could immediately try out the charger with my Magicshine battery. This could mean trouble in the long term when I need to replace the battery.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast