Thread: serfas Lights

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

serfas Lights

Been doing alot or reading and research on lights as I want to do alot of night riding this fall. I am leaning towards the Serfas lights , anyone use them and have any input good or bad?

RLK
    mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I have a True 1000+ and it has served me well. It's been durable and I like that the power button is on the lamp, not the battery. No more fumbling in a pocket to turn it on and off.

mtbr member
    The only experience I have is with the Serfas Shield tail light. It's a really good light in my opinion. So it's been positive in my limited experience with Serfas. My LBS seems to sell a lot of Serfas brand lights too and seem to like the brand.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Just bought a True 750. Only 1 ride on it but so far so good. Some how it seems brighter than my 1000 lumen cygolight that has a big battery and is only 3 years old.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I've had a couple of their all-in-one units in my hand at the bike store. I thought they were remarkably small and well made. You can even swap out the optics and the batteries on some of their lights. I don't you can go wrong with one of those.

They are also coming out with a 2500 lumen light which could be awesome.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RLK View Post
    I like that the power button is on the lamp, not the battery. No more fumbling in a pocket to turn it on and off.
    you make a power button sound like an exciting innovation ...

mtbr member
    Ive been using a Tru1500 on my bars and a tru1000 on my helmet for almost 2 years. Both have been awesome! Battery life is true to specs and so far I have yet to have any disappointments. My average night rides are 2 hours and I have never been without light on any ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by fahza29er View Post
    Been doing alot or reading and research on lights as I want to do alot of night riding this fall. I am leaning towards the Serfas lights , anyone use them and have any input good or bad?
    hey

i use serfas 1000 light

i find it def bright light always have it set on med to low setting unless its pitch black were im going and they high beam lights up all i need to see

they are coming out with a 2500 lumens model i wonder how bright that will be. It will prob over kill for me but couldnt myself and get one when they come out.

I had exposure models and found it outperfomed that easy and was cheaper than maxx d and works better