mtbr member
    Nov 2010

New question here. Serfas CP-1000 Head/Tail Light Combo Question

I got the Serfas CP-1000 Head/Tail Light Combo for Christmas. It seems decent, but the issue that I have is that it is ALWAYS on. Even in the package. My mother-in-law who gave it to me said that it had been lighting up her closet for a couple of weeks! At first I thought it was just reflected light or something, but sure enough in the car on the way home Christmas night, it was lighting up the back seat. I'm just wondering if it is supposed to do that and if so what is the purpose? I've started opening up the case so the batteries don't make contact primarily so the batteries don't get wasted when I'm not even riding... but it obviously doesn't drain that much power or it wouldn't still be working right?

mtbr member
    Does it not have an on/off switch?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    It has a button on top that switches it "on" if you press it once. If you press it again it blinks. If you press it a 3rd time it goes back to the "glow".

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    The Serfas website says it has 3 modes...steady, flashing and low beam.

Just guessing, but press and hold the switch for a few seconds to see if that turns it off.

Didn't it come with directions explaining it's operation?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I thought I tried that, but it didn't work. Like I said, it was "on" in the original packaging. I'll try holding the button down longer again... and no, it didn't come with directions other than some very simple ones showing diagrams of how to attach the head and tail lights to the bike.

I've emailed Serfas to see what's up... if they can't figure it out then I'm taking it back and getting a better one... particularly because this one has more terrible reviews than good reviews on their site.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    From those reviews, a return may be your best bet.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I've been up in the air between t his light and a Light & Motion Stella 400 Dual. Any thoughts on which one is better? I realize the 1000 is more powerful and has a better flood but the dual being two separate lights has the option to position them on different angles etc. Just not sure if the 3 light serfas has more flood than the dual given the increased power...