mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Riding during the day...

I got sun burned and saw a $h!t ton of other trail users.
    Night time is the right time.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

Beastrider
    Quote Originally Posted by jugdish View Post
    I got sun burned and saw a $h!t ton of other trail users.
    Night time is the right time.
    Well, it's certainly nice to know where all the cyclists are. As for me I ride on a daily basis as I use mine regularly. It's too bad that most, not all, of these trail users ONLY use theirs on weekends or those nice days.

Too bad as well because it's quite refreshing to get out and meet people......
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.. Ferris Bueller

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    do I need any special equipment to do this day light riding you speak of ?

Beastrider
    Quote Originally Posted by sevencycle View Post

Yep....it's called a BICYCLE!!!!......
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.. Ferris Bueller

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sevencycle View Post
    Sunglasses?
    It's funny cause my pack was actually a hell of a lot lighter, which was nice. My friend who I night ride with regularly was with me and we were like, WTF... day rides. We kept waiting for the sun to go down, at 2:30 in the afternoon.
    Night riding just adds so much, even to day rides.
    Guess I'm nocturnal.
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

Beastrider
    Quote Originally Posted by jugdish View Post
    Sunglasses?
    It's funny cause my pack was actually a hell of a lot lighter, which was nice. My friend who I night ride with regularly was with me and we were like, WTF... day rides. We kept waiting for the sun to go down, at 2:30 in the afternoon.
    Night riding just adds so much, even to day rides.
    Guess I'm nocturnal.
    I ride at night as well......

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    thankfully DLST starts this wkend because by March I'm tired of riding in darkness. Been doing it 3 wkdys a week for 5 fn months. over 60 night rides since Sept. end.

thankfully we've had a really mild winter on Cape Cod Mass. so not really tired of cold riding, Only had to put on the real winter gear once and never took out the winter beater.

ahhh.

Beastrider
    Quote Originally Posted by dang View Post
    thankfully DLST starts this wkend because by March I'm tired of riding in darkness. Been doing it 3 wkdys a week for 5 fn months. over 60 night rides since Sept. end.

thankfully we've had a really mild winter on Cape Cod Mass. so not really tired of cold riding, Only had to put on the real winter gear once and never took out the winter beater.

ahhh.

Here in Newport News I have only had to break out the heavy jacket a couple of times. Never even THOUGHT of breaking out anything heavier. Has been an extremely mild winter this year. Only ONE dusting of snow and that was gone by noon.

All things considered, a great year for riding. Glad to see the time change though. The time change is something that really needs to go the way of the dinosaur.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dang View Post

ahhh.
    I'll just be happy to be carrying a lighter pack without all the gear I take in the cold weather. Standing out at night in shorts and a layer or two up top, checkin' out the stars, swillin' a beer or two... ahhh indeed.
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

LightJunction.com
    Riding from 6-8pm without lights, arm warmers or a jacket. DST FTW!

After a mild winter, I for one am ready for hot summer days and daylight after work so I can hit up the trails.
    We sell quality bike headlights and flashlights.
    www.LightJunction.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lightjunction View Post
    Riding from 6-8pm without lights, arm warmers or a jacket. DST FTW!

CLIMBING up from 6-8 pm, drinking beer, watching the stars then descending w/ lights. That's what I'm talking about.
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...