Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    just ordered one. I hope it isnt junk. I cant wait to try it out and compare it to what i have been using.

mtbr member
    I have the Spokegrenade 1000 light and it seems well made and backed with a warranty. Has anyone tried Spokegrenade lights.

Sent via mental telepathy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Action LED Lights View Post
    I like the beam pattern shot with the big dark artifact in it.
    If you want to try and fix that you might try a Magicshine orange peel reflector available here and/or a wide angle lens
    Also be aware that the power connector on most of these is not the same as a MS.

Be for-warned, I have a wholesale customer who uses lights for an off the bike purpose and thought he would save some money and bought 100 of these. Within 6 months over half of his batteries had died and he was SOL.
    What's the longest anyone has had one of these in use and how are they doing?
    I tried swapping the reflector from MS to ebay light and it doesn't fit properly, its less than 1mm height into the LED and you need to cut the outside cup by about a 1mm. The wide angle lens however does fit.

Some ebay sellers do sell with the orange peel reflector on it, just take a closer look of the reflector before you buy.

On other note:
    I was on my commute bike the other day and the battery strap snap, next thing I know the battery was dragging behind with the wire holding on..... then snap.... from the connector. I stop, connected back on an off I went, the battery was fine for 3 more hours of tests.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    i got mine for $40 with a free rear LED light. and it looks a light brighter than the OP.

mtbr member
    I bought 3 sets at deferent sellers in HK and CHI and 2 lights were the same size and other is not the same size reflector.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    just got mine. Took it out on my road bike the first night. TOO bright for the road for sure. The lowest setting is fine but the highest is WAY too much for any roads with traffic. You will blind drivers. I had 2 cars pull over completely

beater
    Quote Originally Posted by Action LED Lights View Post
    For just a few dollars more you can get a quality Gemini P7 Titan with a Samsung 5200mAh battery pack.

Jim Harger
    I went this route instead. I figure the potential headaches with the cheap lights aren't worth $30-40. I placed the order about 90 minutes ago, and just got a shipping confirmation email.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Hi there

Anyone knows where to find spare battery packs for the light reviewed? Are the connectors the same as for the MagicShine? Or if the T6 Water Resistant XML-T6 3-Mode 930-Lumen White LED Bike Light, from DX - Hong Kong, has the same connectors as the light reviewed?

Thanks

mtbr member
    II ordered 2 battery packs @$18.99/ea on fleabay from .cn, they're in SF customs now, will report...

I cant' post links yet but if you search for "Battery Pack for CREE XM-L" you will find it.

My MS and my 3 knockoffs all have the same connector.

Quote Originally Posted by emirwati View Post

Anyone knows where to find spare battery packs for the light reviewed? Are the connectors the same as for the MagicShine? Or if the T6 Water Resistant XML-T6 3-Mode 930-Lumen White LED Bike Light, from DX - Hong Kong, has the same connectors as the light reviewed?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

spare battery pack

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    II ordered 2 battery packs @$18.99/ea on fleabay from .cn, they're in SF customs now, will report...

I cant' post links yet but if you search for "Battery Pack for CREE XM-L" you will find it.

mtbr member
    Mine aren't the same. I have 2 DX copies and a few genuine Magicshines and the copies won't work with the MS lights.

Tim

mtbr member
    My batteries are already in West Sac, will know today or tomorrow if they fit/work...

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    Very Good Review...

The only thing that bothered me was the 1800 lumen claim by the vendor. Sorry but you won't get even half that. Maybe 700 to 800 if you're lucky. I'm glad to see the Action wide lens working so well. One light with wide lens on the bars, one spot on the helmet and you're ready for action.

Ever once in while I still remember the days riding with my 12 watt Marwi halogen on the bars and my Niterider 10watt spot on the helmet. Back then I thought I owned the night even though the total output from both was maybe 400 lumen tops. ...Ahh, those were the days.
    Now just one cheap cloned XM-L lamp beats what I had back then...and for a lot less money! Say what you will about the Chinese cloned lamps. They still have the best bang for the buck factor and give the novice bike rider the ability to safely see at night without breaking the bank.
    The lumen claims are getting ridiculous, at least when the SSC-P7 was in vogue, 900 lumens was the maximum claim.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Yep, they're using the lab numbers of the LED dies, with an air fan blowing cooling air over them (the lumens being better when the die is running at 25C than at 85C)... not real world enclosed in a aluminium housing and ridden on a hot summer night when the lowest temperature of the die might be 30-35C.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchy View Post
    The lumen claims are getting ridiculous, at least when the SSC-P7 was in vogue, 900 lumens was the maximum claim.
    its probably the same "exaggeration" amount in terms of % though.

mtbr member
    OK, batteries are here, I plugged one into my MS808E charger and one into a knockoff charger, so far so good....

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    Mine aren't the same. I have 2 DX copies and a few genuine Magicshines and the copies won't work with the MS lights.

Tim

mtbr member
    Oh, one more thing, the batteries came with this nice double velcro strap bag.
    Battery Black Bag for CREE XM-L T6 LED Headlamp Rechargeable Headlight | eBay

OK, batteries are here, I plugged one into my MS808E charger and one into a knockoff charger, so far so good....

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Fixed the original issue of the light head being N/S. It was a wire that worked it's way loose. But the Led bulb has died. Have the exact same unit as the OP. What specific LED bulb can I use as a replacement? And where is the best source?

mtbr member
    My lighthead died the FIRST time I used it, I got it from lifebike2011

The button on the back still glows but nothing... tried several batteries...

It's been more than 14days, "top rated seller," we'll see if they will help...

CREE XML XM-L T6 1800LM LED Bicycle bike Head Light Lamp/Bicycle Light SET | eBay

mtbr member
    My lighthead died the FIRST time I used it, I got it from lifebike2011

The button on the back still glows but nothing... tried several batteries...

It's been more than 14days, "top rated seller," we'll see if they will help...

CREE XML XM-L T6 1800LM LED Bicycle bike Head Light Lamp/Bicycle Light SET | eBay
    I just bought from the same seller. How long did yours take to arrive? Any customs charges? Please report back if they exchanged the product for you.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    bought mine from the same seller (lifebike2011) on 9/26 and received on 10/5. worked great during
    garage testing.
    i wish it had the o-ring mount since my bars are too fat. going to actually field test it tonight.
    12 Trek Fuel EX8
    09 Gary Fisher Piranha

mtbr member
    They said they will exchange it, I just have to mail the defective one to Beijing....

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixnr View Post
    Please report back if they exchanged the product for you.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    light worked great last night!! wow.
    12 Trek Fuel EX8
    09 Gary Fisher Piranha

mtbr member
    almost $9 to mail it back....

They said they will exchange it, I just have to mail the defective one to Beijing....

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I purchased a similar light to the OP's off an Amazon Marketplace seller recently, advertised as an XML T6. Thanks to this thread and the seller switch-a-roo described by others, I knew enough (unfortunately not right away) to check the emitter and they had sent me a SSC P7. Contacted the seller, they said it was a warehouse error, ship it back, and they would refund me. However they wanted me to pay the return shipping because I had already cut up the headband to make a helmet mount and it was no longer a re-sellable item. I contacted Amazon's main CS to ask if this was proper, they said to ship it back out of pocket, and Amazon would give me a credit towards future orders on the cost of the shipping, very cool on their part. So I shipped it back, got my refund from the seller in about 2 weeks, and the Amazon credit for the shipping.

So, after this is all wrapped up, I get a reminder email from Amazon to rate the seller. I do the review, describe my experience, and rate it 3 stars out of 5 (neutral on the scale). If I had lost money on the deal, the stars would have been less, if they had sent a proper replacement, probably 4-stars would have been in order. Then I start to get badgering emails and phone calls from the seller asking me to rescind the feedback because Amazon views 3 stars as negative when they evaluate Marketplace sellers. In the latest email from the seller's representative, she says she will lose her job by the end of the month if I do not rescind the 3-star rating.

My gut says they have been lying all along... if it was a warehouse error why not resend the proper item as a replacement? Lose your job over a worthless internet opinion/rating, really? But I really want this all to be done and do not want anyone to lose their job (foreign or domestic) even if the reality of it is very small, so will probably just take down the rating a be done with it. What say you?

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast