mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Replacement Light & Motion Solo Logic 7.2 V, 13 W Halogen Bulbs?

Looking for a cheaper option than buying the replacement bulb from Light & Motion. They charge $20, but I imagine they can be found for less. Here's the link to the bulb on their website. There are lots of bulbs available online but not sure if any would work well for this purpose.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Not sure if it's correct, but the link takes you to the Light N Motion page and the bulb is $20.

mtbr member
    What we need to know is the series type to do a proper search. I see lots of those types of bulbs on-line but usually they are 12v. D/X has a 6v-20W that would work ( for a couple bucks) but in the long run it might be easier just to buy from L&M. Then again you might want to consider upgrading to a nice LED light. Even at the start up level, almost any LED light is going to blow the halogen stuff out of the water. You'd be surprised how cheap ( $$ ) they are too.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I found a thread that lists the GE 787 bulb as a proper replacement. I think they are around $6. I just can't part with my Logic. I retro fitted it with a custom 11.1 V 5.7 Ah Li-ion battery pack and it will run for hours. With my luck the $6 bulb will blow in 60 secs. LED's never burn out.

mtbr member
    All this brings back lots of memories for me. I remember when I bought my first real LED bike light ( it was a DiNotte 200L ). At the time I was running an over-volted ( 7.2 volt ) 13watt halogen Marwi bike light on the bars. I was absolutely amazed at how much brighter the 200L was ( and the 200L is only 200 lumen! ). Now you can get a 500-600 lumen LED light for a song. I have Led torches that on medium mode put out about 250-300 lumen, cost about $30 ( torch only ) and run about three hours on medium on one rechargeable 18650 Li-ion cell ( which cost about $5 a piece ). Heck, I see nothing wrong with getting a new bulb for the L&M. Different strokes for different folks but once you see how well a good LED light is ( and how light-weight they are ) you will wonder why you waited so long before changing.

Its got what plants crave
    For 20 dollars you're halfway to that new Magicshine.
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org