mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Recomended spoke lights?

Currently using cat eye orbits, not really impressed. Anyone have some good, light weight, bright ones ?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by leeboh View Post
    Currently using cat eye orbits, not really impressed. Anyone have some good, light weight, bright ones ?
    I've been very impressed with the Atozi spoke lights I bought a couple months ago. I've only used them a couple times but they are very light weight, simple to put on/take off.
    Much brighter than Cateye Orbits. The Youtube videos don't do them justice. I did a mini video of them on my phone but can't upload without a Wi-fi connection.

Anyway, the Atozi's come in orange, red, blue, green and white. I have the green and orange. They operate in blink mode only. Twist to turn on, twist to turn off. They do not use battery power when off. They clip right on to the spoke. I nudge mine a little onto the spoke nipple. So far they seem to hold on and I have not lost any. I use two on each wheel. I'm thinking of buying some white ones because I'm sure white is probably brighter than the colored ones but...eh....I'm happy with what I got.

The real question is , "How long will the small batteries last"? Hard to answer that but they do come with extra batteries. Not a problem though. I just pick-up a card of 100 of the small button cells for about $5 from Manafont. ( each light uses 3 cells ) Should be enough to last me at least a season or two.

Not sure how these will work in cold weather but it won't be long before I find out.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Great.