mtbr member
    Sep 2014

Reapir CREE XML 6 Light

I realise these lights are expensive but I`m a little old fashioned and like to fix anything I can, my helmet CREE XML6 cable has snapped from a tree/branch incident!...

How easy is it/if at all to remove the outer body? Im happy soldering if just more how do I dis-assemble to body?

The generic XML spot light

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lparker88 View Post
    I realise these lights are expensive but I`m a little old fashioned and like to fix anything I can, my helmet CREE XML6 cable has snapped from a tree/branch incident!...

How easy is it/if at all to remove the outer body? Im happy soldering if just more how do I dis-assemble to body?

The generic XML spot light
    I'm assuming this is a standard Chinese type 6-XML lamp. From what you've said it sounds like you got the wire caught on a branch and it pulled loose from the soldered connection inside the lamp. Sadly most of these types of lamps are not designed for easy access to the electronics area ( which is usually in the rear of the lamp ) That would mean you might have to disassemble the entire lamp from the front if there is no easy access to the rear. If you don't have the right tools or are not good with tinkering it could really end up not being worth the effort.

Fortunately these types of lamps are usually not too expensive. Could be easier to just buy a replacement. Anyway, if your lamp design allows for the back to be taken off you have a much better chance of fixing it without screwing something else up inside the lamp. Without photos I wouldn't be able to give any more advice. You might want to post the same question over in the Do-it-yourself forum. They might have some better advise.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I was guessing as much, I`ll have a go at levering off the back and if not get a replacement ordered.

Thanks for your response