recovering roadie

New question here. Quick Kaidomain shipping method question

Does anyone what the difference is for Regular Airmail and Register Airmail shipping to the USA? I bought a light from there using Register in the spring and it took 45 days to get to Arizona. Regular any better? ePacket shipping available on other sites can take as little as 7 days in my experience. Thanks.

mtbr member
    If you're buying something from Kaidomain the package is coming from China. China still has a ban on shipping anything with a Li-ion battery via air mail. Used to be my shipments from China took about 16 days ( USA, east coast ) I think the last order took maybe a month but it really depends on how the seller finds a way to get the package on to an airplane. Sometimes you get lucky and the order comes through without delay and sometimes the order is caught and send back. It happens.

Best way to handle shipments from China is to , "Request the shipper to ship the lamp head separately from the battery ( this only helps if you already have a battery ) . Another way to speed things up is to place "separate orders". If you are ordering more than just one item this works because sometimes misc. items get back-ordered and thus the entire order can end up getting delayed.

How you go about doing all this varies from website to website. Some will have a box on the order page where you can add instructions concerning your shipments. Others you might have to send an e-mail to their customer service and ask how to go about shipping with special instructions. Sometimes the shippers will do this without asking but like I said before it all depends on what gets back-ordered, what gets caught by the airline inspectors and send back..etc., etc.

Lately I haven't been hearing too many people complaining about their orders not arriving in a timely manner. ( then again maybe they are just accepting the fact that delays are expected when dealing with China.. ) I think if you get yours in a month you are doing pretty good. I don't think getting something "Registered" vs. regular air mail is going to make a big difference. If it gets on a plane within a couple days of shipping you should get the order in less than a month. ( usually 16-18 days )

recovering roadie
    Thanks Cat-man.

BTW: the KD 2x CREE XM-L2 U2 lights they sell at Kaidomain (MJ-880 clones) are quite nice, if anyone is looking.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    With Registered there is a tracking number. Regular airmail does not.