Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Quality 8.4V 6800mAh 4 x NCR18650B Battery Pack at Kaidomain.com for reasonable price

Guys I have very good news. Kaidomain has published avability of high capacity 68000mAh battery pack out of 4 Panasonic NCR18650B with 6A protection module. Price at the moment is very good $29.23.

So far I'm entitled to provide this information. I'm going to get sample for review, but it will take some time to get it. So far I have a lot of trust to the KD and have no reason not to beleive them. I hope it stays so.

Name:  635809321105597051_small.jpg
Views: 5845
Size:  2.7 KB
    Here is the link: http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S024442.K...n-Battery-Pack

Discussion is wide open, but will reserve next post for reviewing purposes.

EDIT: Might be of some interest - 6 and 8 cell packs are in the production I've been told. Links to the products:

http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S024443.7...for-Bike-Light
    http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S024616.7...for-Bike-Light

EDIT 2: KD will try to make also 2 cell (2S1P) pack in the same style but with NCR18650GA 3500mAh / 10A cells. Will add link later if avalaible.

EDIT 3: (7th Dec 2015)
    - 2 cell (2S1P) announced to be in the production. Currently it is without pouch, but they are working to get one
    - 4 cell FLAT (2S2P) pack is also announced. Not much detail known yet.

EDIT 4: (21th Dec 2015)
    - 2 cell (2S1P) pack with:
    10 cm cable: http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S024751.K...ith-10cm-Cable
    60 cm cable: http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S024746.K...ith-60cm-Cable

EDIT 5: (28th Dec 2015)
    - 4 cell (2S2P) FLAT pack:
    http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S024761.K...n-Battery-Pack

EDIT 6: (2nd Dec 2016)
    20 AWG Extension cable:
    http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S024776.5...e-100cm-Length

Edit 2nd Aug 2016: Corrected product links
    Edit 2nd Dec 2016: Added link for extension cable
    Last edited by ledoman; 12-02-2016 at 02:46 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Reserved for review.

Reserved for review.

Some crumbs in advance (needs to be verified):

1. They have listened and used 20AWG cables. Very good! Checked -> TRUE.
    2. 6A protection module. Should cover most of our needs, even for hi powered lights. Unchecked yet.
    3. Ruberized shell. Checked -> TRUE
    4. Nice pouch
    5. Proven high capacity about 6400mAh.

Discharging graph at 2A (1A per cell). I've got nice capacity of 6322mAh down to 3V per cell. I could go lower to gain additional capacity, but I've already expected to be 6400mAh under some reasonable load.
    Discharge curves are nice and cells match very well. There was bit less than 0.01V of difference.

Here are some pictures:

It can stand more than 6A load:
    Last edited by ledoman; 11-28-2015 at 11:10 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Can I used it with Nitefighter BT70??

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Yes of course it can be used with BT70. 6A of constant current should be more than enough. You might also consider 6 cell version which is still in the production if the running time needs to be longer. Timeframe for avability is unknown to me.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Could you also check for the bigger model with 10200mAh?
    http://www.kaidomain.com/product/Details.S024443

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    As said 6 cell one is still in the production. 4 cells described above are orderable and in stock (as I have been informed).

mtbr member
    Great news! I was wondering the status of this!

-Garry

mtbr member
    YAY: Great price too... if it's really 18650B cells.....

BOO: I just ordered cells without rubberized shell & no case from Hunk Lee... for more $$

Quote Originally Posted by garrybunk View Post
    Great news! I was wondering the status of this!

-Garry

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Should be geniue NCR18650B. Lately prices have gone down for those cells. I agree it should be proved, but so far I have trust to the KD. The price of the pack in not in the cheapo category.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Let me prepare you with some things you would shurely want to know. Voltage curve during discharge of Pannys NCR18650B is somewhat linear. Some other cells like Sanyo has higher curve. This has influence on the status leds, specialy the ones with 4 stages like BT40s and similars. Status is shown by colors based on the actual voltage level. Different lights has different tresholds (+ some variance) so the users can have different experiences using different lights and different battery packs.

Quality 8.4V 6800mAh 4 x NCR18650B Battery Pack at Kaidomain.com for reasonable price-hkj-comparator-sanyo-2600-vs-panasonic-3400.jpg
    Source: Battery test-review 18650 comparator

On the graph above you can see Sanyo is higher than Panny at same load, but has big drop when exhausted. This would mean user would have green/blue light for a long time and then all of the sudden orange/red/blinking. On the other side Panny would show more linear behaviour.

So we need to understand how the things are working before we can say one is better than the other and it always dependable on the aplication (tresholds in our case). Hope you got the point.

RAKC
    ledoman have you ran the tests at the higher currents, 2A and 3A?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Tests of what? If you meant comparator, here it is:

Hopefuly I would manage to upload..... having some problems... I've managed it

Quality 8.4V 6800mAh 4 x NCR18650B Battery Pack at Kaidomain.com for reasonable price-comparation-panasonic.jpg
    Last edited by ledoman; 11-19-2015 at 06:58 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    curious about your test of the battery pack - subscribed
    ..just ride...

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Are you sure that velcro pouch is included, did they confirm it?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    It should, but will ask.

EDIT: it is confirmed it comes with pouch just as can be seen on the pictures.
    Last edited by ledoman; 11-19-2015 at 11:20 AM.

mtbr member
    Watching this closely...If these are the real deal they will sell out quickly. Ledoman, big thumbs up for the heads-up. If I was in the market for a battery I'd be jumping on one of these real fast.

Of course I need to remind people that there is still some problems getting Li-ion batteries shipped from China. Hopefully Kaidomain has figured a way to ship these without delay...which, may be a very important issue if you are considering buying one of these.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Will ask KD about shipping options either, but are somewhat dependable on destination country, AFAIK. Gearbest EU warehouse does not deliver to my EU country, for example

EDIT: KD told me they are only using Sweeden post for bateries. It's not the fastest but KH post refuses to ship them.
    Last edited by ledoman; 11-19-2015 at 10:39 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    I have this battery pack from KD.
    I'm not interested in opening it up because I don't have anything to wrap it up again. I have used it on one nightride with SSX2 light from KD. I think I had that light on for about 2 to 2,5 hours and I kept it on higher level. When I got home I had 2 of three battery indicators left.
    Hope this helps, I don't have any equipment to do any precise measuring.
    Yes it came with pouch
    Last edited by MartinMK; 11-19-2015 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Detail about light

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Martin, thanks for the info. One thing you can do more - are there some AWG markings on the cable?
    I'm going to do more detailed review when I get it. Hopefuly this will be soon.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    It is marked as 20 AWG. But cable is thinner than on nitefighter battery.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Good. It might have thinner coating.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    ..just ride...

RAKC
    Im waiting on a set to get here to test and confirm everything with them

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    which one: the KD or GB Version?
    ..just ride...

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Hopefully GB has resolved tramendious shipping issues. I'm just about 60 days of waiting for my second BT21. Another not light related stuff is in "Preadvised" status at NL post for 3 weeks since it has been "shipped". WTF.

Tig, are you going to tear down the pack so the PCM could be inspected? Would be really interesting to see if there is the same manufacturer behind.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    @mtrain: yes
    ..just ride...

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    On GB product photos those texts on that cable seem to me as exaxtly the same as on KD battery pack i have

Edit:
    Looking on GB pictures at computer screen i noticed that their battery pack has 22AWG wire.
    Last edited by MartinMK; 11-20-2015 at 01:42 AM. Reason: mistake

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    This is I've just wanted to point out. Magnifying the picture at GB would show it has 22AWG.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ledoman View Post
    This is I've just wanted to point out. Magnifying the picture at GB would show it has 22AWG.
    yes, but look at this Picture at KD http://manager.kaidomain.com/UploadF...1478948405.jpg
    there is also the 22 AWG cable pictured!!
    ..just ride...

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Hmmm, yes you are right. Will ask representative at KD about it.

I know KD has make a big batch for special customer before. Pictures might also be from that batch. Will try to clearify.

RAKC
    22awg cable isn't the end of the world for these little lights we use. But the KD and GB version should be the same (that was the goal when I helped GB find them).

Ledoman, of course. The reason im getting a 4 and 6 cell sample is to MAKE SURE they are what they are supposed to be.

Also guys the GB shipping issues is partially nitefighter simply getting overwhelmed with the demand for their lights. Obviously shipping issues (as im finding there is problems with anything that has lithium batteries going out via certain methods, shipping companies are stopping and not releasing the packages) and internal issues all made the problem 10x worse.

But were working on it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    When i ordered from KD it was stated as 22AWG but it took a long time for them to ship it, at some point I sent them a mail and asked whats up, they replied that they are chancing cable from 22AWG to 20AWG ant that is the reason for shipping delay.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Yeah, I know. 22AWG is still usable, but 20AWG would help with minimize voltage drop on higher powered lights. And we are all into that more and more (with BT21, BT70 and similars). Maybe 22AWG is not so important now, but bateries last 5 years or even more. You would want to use them with new lights at that time. So to me is still important.

Well my shipping issues has nothing to do with Nitefighter - it was in stock at the time (18th Sept). It is more GB and some carriers related. There are not only lights and batteries that are missing. There is a long thread about shipping issues over at BLF - GearBest shipping issues survey in BLF | BudgetLightForum.com
    Last edited by ledoman; 11-20-2015 at 05:59 AM.

RAKC
    Ya I know about that thread, which I why I made sure to mention all points as its not 100% gearbest problems. Their change in shipping companies and failure to show items not in stock created alot of issues.

Im working on making sure packs are up to standards we want. I know too well of voltage sag issues, my DIY light uses a 2 pin threaded connector similar to solarstorm but wire is 16awg. Overkill for the most part but turbo output is 4.5A (1.5A/emitter, xp-g2) and voltage sag is almost nothing more than that of the cells. Wire is far too big to use in any of these lights but I wanted to see how much of a difference it made above 2A draw.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Yup, over the thumb, somewhere between 2 and 3A differences between 22 and 20AWG should show up. This is just a BT21 on turbo (well not my one, mine resent one still starts at 2.1A on turbo ) But let not derail to much this thread.

Hopefuly will get answer on AWG used today.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    This Gearbest battery with its price is really tempting, I will probably order one.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I ordered from kaidomain the 6 cell ,once I get and test it I'll post☺

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    AFAIK those are still in the production, so not in stock. Don't know for the timeframe, but will ask.
    How do you intend to test it, do you have any equipment?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    As I thought KD has left old pictures from the batch for special customer. They are going to update the pictures ASAP.

KD also infomed me there are some "klones" of that battery pack. They wouldn't say which one and who did it. Don't know why but they just said there isn't any copyright on it. They also told me the customers would find out.

Well, we would need to do some tests.....
    Last edited by ledoman; 11-21-2015 at 01:00 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Should I be concerned that a search of the KD description does not mention the manufacturer, Panasonic? It's not difficult for someone to make a product with the same part number as a competitor.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    No I don't think you should be worried. But if you want to be on the safe side just wait for about a week when I'm expecting to get test sample. Then all will be clearified. Currently it is still in Hong Kong

BTW. I've been told 6 and 8 cells pack are ought to be in stock in about week.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    any chance of them making 2 cell packs?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Will ask, good idea. If they do, it will probably take some time, since the KD is not the manufacturer and they need to make new tools for ruberized shell.

Would be also good if we know what is demand for such pack. I'm shure there is plenty for 4 cells pack, some for 6 and at last 8 cell. Maybe we should open new thread?

Anyone thinking how to charge those hi capacity beasts? Most of our chargers would need a lot of time....

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I'm in for some 2-cell packs too!!
    The rubberized Shells and pouches do exist already and KD just Need to source them from a supplier!
    ..just ride...

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Do you have any link to 2 cell ruberized pack? It might be easier for KD to see how it should look.

Question to all: Do you think we need for 2 cell pack same 6A PCM as with 4-8 cell packs or some cheaper PCM could be used? To me 4A should be good enough.

mtbr member
    MJ-6008 2 Cell Waterproof Battery - Action-LED-Lights

Very nice pack, nice coating, maybe not 2200ma batteries, great for backup. I put my HunkLee 3400ma 2 cell in the pack after coating with Plastidip.

Post pics of your helmet/light setup.- Mtbr.com

Do you have any link to 2 cell ruberized pack? It might be easier for KD to see how it should look.

mtbr member
    4A should do it for a 2 cell pack I believe. 3A would be acceptable.

-Garry

RAKC
    3-4A protection and 3400mah Panasonics make a good 2 cell pack. Be a good option to have.

8cell packs I couldn't imagine carrying one of those . Already think 6 cell is a bit heavy.

mtbr member
    I don't think there is any reason for an 8 cell pack either if it's built with 3000mAh+ cells. Now if it's built with 2000mAh cells that's another story, but I wouldn't buy that anyway!

mtbr member
    A 2 cell pack should actually be built with cells that are better performing with less voltage sag like the Panasonic 3500mAh NCR18650GA or the LG 18650MJ1 3500mA. These will allow max brightness for longer on a hard driven XM-L2 light (i.e. BT21). I just picked up two of the LG's for my Fenix two cell case & BT21 on my helmet.

There's a discharge test posted at BLF (somewhere) that shows how much lower the Panna 3400 really is

-Garry

RAKC
    Ya im loving my ncr18650ga cells

Actually a 2 cell, 26650 pack 5200mah cells...long run time, not much heavier (about same as 2 cell in fenix case). Oh and the cells arent any more expensive than quality 18650s.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by garrybunk View Post
    A 2 cell pack should actually be built with cells that are better performing with less voltage sag like the Panasonic 3500mAh NCR18650GA or the LG 18650MJ1 3500mA. These will allow max brightness for longer on a hard driven XM-L2 light (i.e. BT21). I just picked up two of the LG's for my Fenix two cell case & BT21 on my helmet.

There's a discharge test posted at BLF (somewhere) that shows how much lower the Panna 3400 really is

-Garry
    Interesting. This is the first I've heard of these new cells. Seems the newer Panasonic's are a product of the recent acquisition/merger with Sanyo. I'll have to pick me up a couple of these for those times when I want to go "wireless" by using a torch on the helmet. I just hope they fit in the torch. I'll have to check the size first just to be sure they will fit inside the torch host.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    They are just standard 18650 cells size wise. They should fit nicely. Both are very nice cells indeed. To bad HKJ doesn't have them on his comparator (yet). We would easily compare to the NCR18650B.

mtbr member
    Here is the comparison graph posted over at BLF:

This chart shows the GA vs. the LG MJ1 & Samsung 35E:

Posted from this thread.

-Garry

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Nice find, Garry! There is about 0.1V difference at 3A load. Not whole that much, but still noticeable.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Question to all: Do you think we need for 2 cell pack same 6A PCM as with 4-8 cell packs or some cheaper PCM could be used? To me 4A should be good enough.
    here you can see a Version from DX: Rechargeable Water Resistant 8.4V 2600mAh 2 x 18650 Li-ion Battery Pack - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

but the cells inside are crap - tested it some time ago - just to find out they are crap!

Yes i think a 4A pcm should be ok for the 2-cell packs - as i think they should not be used on the high power lights we have, but for a good helmet light they are perfekt!!

Edt: for refrence anoher crap pack from DX: Water Resistant 2 x 18650 1800mAh Battery Pack for Flashlight - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
    ..just ride...

mtbr member
    Be nice if Gearbest or KD would make up a 2-pack with decent cells in this case.
    I have the Fenix cases, but they're hard for others to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedog1 View Post
    here you can see a Version from DX: Rechargeable Water Resistant 8.4V 2600mAh 2 x 18650 Li-ion Battery Pack - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

but the cells inside are crap - tested it some time ago - just to find out they are crap!

Yes i think a 4A pcm should be ok for the 2-cell packs - as i think they should not be used on the high power lights we have, but for a good helmet light they are perfekt!!

Edt: for refrence anoher crap pack from DX: Water Resistant 2 x 18650 1800mAh Battery Pack for Flashlight - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

RAKC
    Now that's what I talking about. Rubber case and all that, get those with good cell's and were in business!

mtbr member
    this Hunk Lee 26650 pack looks nice, FMA LiIon Battery Pack 26650

Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    Ya im loving my ncr18650ga cells

Actually a 2 cell, 26650 pack 5200mah cells...long run time, not much heavier (about same as 2 cell in fenix case). Oh and the cells arent any more expensive than quality 18650s.

RAKC
    Nice, seems like a new listing too. Only one he has. If I was to go that route Id want a waterproof casing though. Rubber like what is shown in the beginning of this thread. My helmet light battery goes on the helmet too and at least right now, its too wet to have the cells more or less exposed (ton of snow)

mtbr member
    I dip my HunkLee 3400ma 2 cell 3 times in a can of Plastidip, works great.

Nice, seems like a new listing too. Only one he has. If I was to go that route Id want a waterproof casing though. Rubber like what is shown in the beginning of this thread. My helmet light battery goes on the helmet too and at least right now, its too wet to have the cells more or less exposed (ton of snow)

RAKC
    Ive used that stuff alot back in my rc days, good stuff. Forgot about it till now.

mtbr member
    Ive used that stuff alot back in my rc days, good stuff. Forgot about it till now.
    Works well, but... Stinks to high heaven in bulk, fumes are carcinogenic. Dries out in the container too.
    I prefer to wrap in self-fusing silicone tape for waterproofing, then wrap with heat shrink for toughness.
    Oh, I also paint on a little plasti-dip on the remaining openings in the heat-shrink with a tiny brush, but it's probably overkill.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Today I'm about to get pack from the OP. Will do some preview at least. Capacity measurements will take quite some time....

Lazy People Suck
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    this Hunk Lee 26650 pack looks nice, FMA LiIon Battery Pack 26650
    My current battery pack is an 8.4v pack. I see that this pack is 7.4v. I am looking for a replacement pack for my Solar Storm headlight. Is this compatible? Any adverse effect with the voltage difference?
    "Son, The world needs ditchdiggers, too"-Ted Knight, Caddyshack

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    We should stick with the OP. All about HL packs should be posted in aproprate thread.
    The Battery Thread: 2013 at least.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I've did some pictures of the pack I've got. You can see them in the post
    #2.

So far everything is as expected. Good pouch, ruberized shell, Panasonic NCR18650B cells inside. Proper initial voltage and balanced cells at 3.62V.
    Currently I'm charging the pack. Testing capacity will take quite some time since discharge should run about 4 hours at 2A load. Hopefuly I'll find time soon.

Another good news is the KD will try to make 2S1P pack with Panasonic NCR18650GA (3500mAh /10A) cells mentioned above. How long it will take it's unknown yet, but will try to keep you informed.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Another good news is the KD will try to make 2S1P pack with Panasonic NCR18650GA (3500mAh /10A) cells mentioned above. How long it will take it's unknown yet, but will try to keep you informed.
    Yes that is really a good Info! This pack should be light and should have some serious power for our lights!
    Last edited by Whitedog1; 11-24-2015 at 11:20 PM.
    ..just ride...

mtbr member
    Great news ledoman! Honestly, I think I'd support KD before GearBest right now (given the choice to buy the 2S2P pack either place).

-Garry

mtbr member
    I see you used my same idea on using those little lcd volt meters connected to the DC plug to check pack voltages! I plan on carrying mine on the bike to check packs as-needed.

-Garry

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Does somebody know when the 2s2p packs (which ledoman is testing at the moment) are available from KD?
    They are still in production are they?
    ..just ride...

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    2S2P packs at KD are already avalaible. I can ask how many are in stock right now.

2S3P and 2S4P are still in the production, afaik. The 2S1P is annouced to be produced, but this will take some time I think.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    great thank you!
    ..just ride...

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I need to test the capacity, though. But I can expect to be good since the charging took quite long time (the whole evening). Disconnected the charger when cells were at 4.21V. Over the night voltage has dropped to 4.18V. This is OK, since the cells weren't fully topped.
    There is no visible sign not to believe cells are geniue NCR18650B. Will do also discharge graph so everything will show up.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Finished discharging process at 2A (1A per cell). I've got nice capacity of 6322mAh down to 3V per cell. I could go lower to gain additional capacity, but I've already expected to be 6400mAh under some reasonable load.
    Discharge curves are nice and cells match pretty well. There was bit less than 0.01V difference.

So it proves the cells are good and discharge curve match the ones from HKJ comparator.

I'm happy I can tell this is good pack. It is only PCM left to test.

mtbr member
    Anyone who needs a MS type battery for a bike light and / or is planning on buying a bike light without battery, you need to be jumping on this right now while they are available. From what Ledoman has said these look like they are pretty good batteries. no reason to wait for any more details. Buy them while you can, they will probably sell out quick.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Now the question is whether GB batteries which are cheaper a little bit are the same or not. Probably it is safer/faster to order them from KD, but I am in a no hurry.

mtbr member
    Ordered, thanks Ledoman.
    I'm keen on a 2 cell too when available.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Yes it looks very good so far. Currently I'm not aware of any 2S2P pack out there to beat this one when you look at the price/performance ratio. Might be wrong, though.

Will encourage KD to develop 2 cell pack asap.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Nice, now when it is confirmed I can suggest this battery to my friends.

If i'm correct I used voucher code when ordering this battery and i got it for 25,63usd.
    Now i used google to search for a voucher for KD and found this KDBN11 it is stated as Black Friday And Cyber Monday Deals! You get this battery for 26.01usd when using it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    MartinMK thank you, ordered. I rather give a few $ more and buy verified KD version than the one from GB.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    KD informed me they have enough Panasonic 2S2P packs in stock. They didn't define what is "enough", though.

Anyway, I can confirm it is worth to buy for anyone who wants good battery pack even for the future use. If you take care, they should last 5 years, at least.
    Taking care includes storing it in the colder places and at 40% charge level (about 7.4V) when you don't intend to use it for longer period.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    So these packs have a good built-in protection so they switch off when charging or are "empty"?
    Last edited by Jaco P.; 11-28-2015 at 02:16 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    In the post #2 you can see the picture of PCM. Since it is welded and not soldered it is hard to remove it nicely. I don't want to ruin those new cells doing full tests on them.
    Based on ICs used I would conclude the protection is implemented properly. But I'm not EE so I can't tell for shure. I'm waiting Archie to respond and comment it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I've tested PCM load with two lights in parallel. One was BT21 and the other was 6 up ligfht moded to run at high power. It can easily stand more than 6A load:

In fact I've got 7A for a moment, just before 6 up light step down because of the heat.

mtbr member
    Great! Thanks for the testing ledoman! Hope we don't see supply issues with this pack!

-Garry

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Hopefuly KD is well prepared. They are aware of this thread and I'm shure they are reading it. I'm glad we have finaly found good battery pack for reasonable price. There are some small things to be improved, but overall it is very good.

For example:
    1. I would suggest to use capton tape to insulate PCM leads from the cells.
    2. PCM leads could be little wider to lower the resistance at higher loads.

RAKC
    I just noticed there was no insulating tape on the protection PCB. very odd, could be a probably after a fair amount of time with heavy use.

Definitely one of those things they need to know about and get fixed. Not a huge deal to start with but being the outside of the cell is ground, eventually PCB can wear through the outer plastic and cause issues. Thankfully their Panasonic cells, so even in the rare case the pack is damaged, they arent going to go critical.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I agree, tig. I'll let them know. Since pack is in the rubber shell it is less likely something that would happen, but they should minimize those risks. Not a lot of work, just 1-2cm wide chunk of capton tape under PCB on the whole battery lenght + the part where PCM leads are bent.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Thanks ledoman for all your work with KD on this. Any chance they might be willing and able to bring a flat 2S2P pack into production? Now that the weather is cold, would be convenient to keep the batteries inside jersey pockets under a jacket. Know I'd purchase a couple packs in a flat configuration right away.

Also would like to see their packs with the same kind of integrated rubber straps as Magic Shine uses — think KD already offers some crappy batteries set up this way. I know Archie will disagree will me on their usefulness in cold weather, but I've not had a problem with my MS batteries that came like this. Am getting tired of all this Velcro — my all-weather jacket cuffs and all three pairs of riding gloves are fastened with it, am always getting my other battery packs stuck on the loose ends when trying to get them on and off my bikes. Argh!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    2s1p flat packs are already in production at KD - as far as i know from ledoman!
    These packs are perfekt for carrying in the pocket as well as for a helmet light!
    ..just ride...

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedog1 View Post
    2s1p flat packs are already in production at KD - as far as i know from ledoman!
    These packs are perfekt for carrying in the pocket as well as for a helmet light!
    Are these packs with the 3500mah panasonic cells?

RAKC
    Not they are with 3400mah Panasonic cells

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan87 View Post
    Are these packs with the 3500mah panasonic cells?
    according to the info i have from ledoman they are going to build it with the new Sanyo/Panasonic NCR18650GA cells!
    ..just ride...

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    thats excellent news

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    AFAIK, Kaidomain said they would try to make 2S1P pack with NCR18650GA cells. There is no info they are in production yet. At least I'm not aware. I know they are NCR18650GA selling on their site so I assume they have some larger batch.

Will ask also about flat 2S2P pack, but I doubt it. Not shure if rubber shell exists for it. Has anyone seen it elsewhere?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Haven't seen a MS style flat 2S2P pack, but OLight makes (or did make) a flat power bank, one model was slightly curved maybe to fit against the hip (came with a belt clip.) Dunno whether their connectors are compatible with MS; they don't seem to have any bike specific lamps on the market.

Would really prefer a flat 2S2P over a 2S1P, don't like having to take off my gloves to change batteries in the cold.

Thanks again ledoman!

mtbr member
    Hunk Lee has this, Protected Li ion Battery 7 4V 6200mAh by Panasonic 18650 Cell 2S2PB w PCM bms In | eBay

Will ask also about flat 2S2P pack, but I doubt it. Not shure if rubber shell exists for it. Has anyone seen it elsewhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by andychrist View Post
    Would really prefer a flat 2S2P over a 2S1P, don't like having to take off my gloves to change batteries in the cold.
    Quality 8.4V 6800mAh 4 x NCR18650B Battery Pack at Kaidomain.com for reasonable price-s-l1600.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    No, but aluminium shells for flat 2S2P packs are widely available...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast