The Road Warrior

Problem with Exposure Lights -- Flickering @ low setting...

Does anyone else have a problem with exposure lights flickering on the low setting? I have the six pack, and it flickered/wouldn't stay on the low setting. So, I called IBEX, and James sent me a new one. I got the new one, and again, on the low setting, there's a constant flicker pattern on the low setting. It stays on the low setting, unlike the first one, but this is making me second guess the quality of the light. This is 2 of the same lights with somewhat similar problems at the same setting, now. Anyone else know what I'm talking about, or have any advice? I'm thinking about just returning it and getting a lupine.

MC MasterShake
    My Diablo has no such issues. My buddy has a 6 pack. I'll ask him about it tomorrow.

mtbr member
    might be a too slow PWM circuit on the low setting. With some lights/ LEDs, you can't get them to work using very low currents directly, so the low setting is a higher current pulsed a number of times a second. With some lights this shows up on pictures as a series of dots on the picture (instead of a continuous line).

Either way, if you're unhappy with the light, keep on at IBEX until you're happy, they sound like a decent crew.

mtbr member

Reply from Exposure

As Tim and James discussed yesterday, we have not had any other reports of this so it has to be limited to a few off of a production run as this feedback is not representative of the what we are used to. I have an email into the engineer and we will obviously take a close look at the lights when they get back here. Suffice it to say that we will get Tim a set up that he is happy with on way or another - real sorry you have had two that aren't up to our usual high standards.
    IBEX Sports
    Importer / Distributor for Exposure Lights, U.S.E. and VDO Cycle computers.

MC MasterShake
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyak
    My Diablo has no such issues. My buddy has a 6 pack. I'll ask him about it tomorrow.
    My buddy's 6 pack works fine. I'd call them up and let them work with you. I've had good CS from those guys so far.