Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

POST your Night ride pics and night ready rig!!

6K views 35 replies 11 participants last post by  Vancbiker 
#1 · (Edited)
I am getting into the whole night ride thing and want to see night shots, dusk etc Ive seen lights on tables but lights mounted on bikes, riding action etc... I know its hard to get a night shot from what Ive been told Dusk is a pretty good time... Dont know just know my camera sucks bad LOL...

So if you have mounted light pics (bike), riding etc Id like to see them... It literally is alot fo fun and Im glad I took the opportunity to see what you guys are doing...
Thanks and Im hooked....:thumbsup:

From the first ride I went on, we are racing the marzocchi predator night DH ract this weekend and will be doing some drops and rock lines on our own. We will be sure to snap a few pics we have a photog going from the crew...

Lights:
Baja Designs Stryker and Stryker PRO
A drop

Mid flight off a drop

Hauling throught he rock garden and off the rock at end

The berm (well 1 of several)

The bike

See less See more
#3 ·
ajmelin said:
Nice pictures. Your seat is crooked.
Yeah and the cartridge is out of the fork LOL I was revalving the avy cart so it was in the stand and I had a little time before the shimz got here so I snapped a pic...
If you look at the stanchion on left there is no cap or internals protruding... Makes for a rough ride...

#5 ·
scar said:
No better way to start the day than a big o' cup of adrenaline :thumbsup:

That is a cool @$$ video thank you...
From the valley its got to look like UFOs between the bar mounts and then the helmet mounts zipping all over speeding down the mtn..

Thats great I need a vid. camera..

What did you use, is there better for night vids and is there a setting or something I should use or do if aI go that route???
Thanks in advance...

#7 ·
scar said:
Hey BullCrew - Sorry I am just responding. Been super busy building lights.

I got me a GoProHD. Not sure they make a camera optomized for night time GoPro supposedly doesn't do good in low light conditons (I wouldn't know :thumbsup: ).

No worries I appreciate it... I like the way that looked so apparently the lights throw enough to make it capture the shots clean... good to know ill be rocking a solid 2100 linens so there should be enough light I assume....

#11 ·
Ill ha e a few more tomorrow night sjt 14 mile single track and all downhillers so it ought to be a full throttle event. Then the marzocch predator night dh race sat. That's lit but ill roll some drop lines for pics......

#12 ·
Quick video grab

Took a road trip to Colorado Springs and did a night ride with the Amoeba owners chapter down there. Had 14 riders show up. Not all had Amoeba's but most that didn't mentioned at the end of the ride they were wishing they did :thumbsup:

Local stud, hightechredneck, take the roller in the quarry. Notice how the rest of us walk down :D

#13 ·
here's a few from this past weekend. 3 of us hit a pretty techinical park here in NJ for just over 3 hours. we had a blast and stayed out late - 1 am. one pic came out pretty trippy - the flash caught the rider going up this rock staircase, but the longer exposure on the picture allowed for a little bit of the reflection from my lights on the subject to wipe across the pic. nothing fancy, but it looks kinda cool. this is my cheaper POS camera. one day i'll bring the nicer one out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.