mtbr member

Philips Activeride

Anyone tried the Philips ACTIVERIDE DB800?

I like the sound of it as it's the same as the SAFERIDE but with a high beam for off road use. Could be the answer to that road ride I have to do to get to the start of an off road ride.

There isn't a lot that I can find apart from a not too helpful video on YouTube and this:
    Philips DB800 Dual Beam ActiveRide headlight
    Last edited by yetibetty; 10-22-2013 at 09:30 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yetibetty View Post
    Anyone tried the Philips ACTIVERIDE DB800?

I like the sound of it as it's the same as the SAFERIDE but with a high beam for off road use. Could be the answer to that road ride I have to do to get to the start of an off road ride.

There isn't a lot that I can find apart from a not too helpful video on YouTube and this:
    Philips DB800 Dual Beam ActiveRide headlight
    its not like a saferide with high beam. the "low" beam on activeride is much less focused.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by androgen View Post
    its not like a saferide with high beam. the "low" beam on activeride is much less focused.
    Do you know if the high beam is any good?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I have both lights.
    I don't think that Activeride is superior to Saferide80(80lux) in the viewpoint of road-use because it's low-beam light strength is weaker(50lux).
    A better points that Activeride is better than Saferide is it's weight.
    And if you ride slowly, it is good because it shines up road from very close and widely.

On the other hand, there are many far brighter and better lights than activeride for off-road use.

mtbr member
    Vienna 1, thanks for the reply. I found more things to reed on the internet about it and they all say the same as you do. The saferide is better for road and a proper off road light is better for off road.

It's a shame as the Activeride would be great at least in theory.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I do ride with an Philips Activeride Dual Beam 800 #philipsactiveride and i ride by road and also offroad.

Before this active ride i had a Sigma with 900LM and i really think the philips is the better one.

beside the good lightning, light is allover and not just in front of of you but also beside the track i love the battery. There is a kind of rubber coating on it so the chance of damaging your bike is small.

The battery is good, but can always be better, but that's a problem with all battery's i rode with.

on the road the lighting is excellent and offroad is also very good but my personal experience is that it is always better to ride with a small light on your helmet extra to look beyond the corners. But the moment my helmet light quit i had still a very good view and after a few minutes i did not miss the extra light on top of my head.

Quality of material also good. rides solid and it is simple to change it to the other bike, piece of cake. So my experience is very good!!

mtbr member
    northsas,thanks for the reply. Sorry for the late response but I have only just discovered your post.

In the end I got busy and decided to try and make my own. Not really for this bit of the forum but it may be of interest.

Aspheric owners help required