The Road Warrior

The perfect setup: Exposure Six Pack, DiNotte 400R Taillight, Amphipod Xinglet Vest

I think I've got the perfect solution to the mean streets of West LA (besides a 12 guage):

1. Exposure Six Pack Front Light
    http://www.exposurelights.com/product/000052/six-pack/

2. DiNotte 400R Taillight
    http://store.dinottelighting.com/sha...unt2=918113350

3. Amphipod Xinglet

http://www.rei.com/webservices/rei/D...:referralID=NA

I think that's all someone would need, out there. Unless I'm missing anything?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    The 400R is a great light. I have one with a double battery pack. You might want to rethink the six pack. It seems way too big, and I'm not personally a fan of self contained lights. I'd go with Wilma, or Betty instead. I have a 22 degree Betty and love it. I hear Wilma is really nice too.

The Road Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by suba
    The 400R is a great light. I have one with a double battery pack. You might want to rethink the six pack. It seems way too big, and I'm not personally a fan of self contained lights. I'd go with Wilma, or Betty instead. I have a 22 degree Betty and love it. I hear Wilma is really nice too.
    Lupines are super nice. I was on the fence about getting one of those... I can't get one, though. I need the lumens of the 6 pack, but at a lower price point. I ended up swinging a deal for around 550 direct through exposure. Big is fine with me. Bigger the better. People will think I'm the cops.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Great light output it has for sure, but make sure you don't plan on two rides in a 24 hour period as it takes all of that to recharge.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LandSpeed
    I think I've got the perfect solution to the mean streets of West LA (besides a 12 guage):

That sounds like a solid setup. It wouldn't hurt to add a second light too even if it is just a flashlight. I occasionally go out riding with just one light on the bars, but I quickly start missing the helmet light. I had to laugh at the 12 gauge comment, I'm still figuring a way to work my autoloading mossberg into my bike setup.
    Last edited by MaximusHQ; 03-12-2011 at 08:34 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I have a Xinglet vest, its pretty awesome. It seems like cars give me a MUCH wider berth when Im wearing it.

but Diggin the 1 x 14 too

Six Pack is the bomb!

Quote Originally Posted by LandSpeed
    Lupines are super nice. I was on the fence about getting one of those... I can't get one, though. I need the lumens of the 6 pack, but at a lower price point. I ended up swinging a deal for around 550 direct through exposure. Big is fine with me. Bigger the better. People will think I'm the cops.
    I have a 6-Pack too and to me, the size is easily justifiable given the Lumen output AND the fact that the batteries are Included, AND it has a 3 plus hour Run time.
    I am a Big fan of Self Contained lights and the 6 pack is the Bomb, Exposure lights are So well made too! Hard to go wrong with any of their Lights. The 24 hour recharge is only if the light is Bone dry out of power, i have yet to run mine for more than 3 hours at night so mine gets recharged in less than 24 hours, it's always ready to go when i need it.
    ...you made a great choice, Cordless Lights are so much nicer to run in my opinion.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by newnan3
    I have a Xinglet vest, its pretty awesome. It seems like cars give me a MUCH wider berth when Im wearing it.
    Not to pick on you but whenever I hear someone say this I just have to smile. For the most part I never notice cars that go by me, however from time to time I get the occasional jack-*** that just has to make a statement by ( on purpose mind you ) invading your safe distance margin. I know they do it on purpose because it happens on a very wide shoulder. They cross the white line and try to scare you. Usually done by adolescents. For the record I use two rear led lights ( PB superflash and Vista light eclipse ) along with various reflective articles of clothing. In my opinion, even if you use a 400L(R) and use enough reflective tape to glow like a firefly, there is always going to be some joker who thinks it's funny to do a close drive-by.