Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    mtbr member
    Big thanks for the beam shots. Looks good to me so far and happy to hear it won't be long now till we get out hands on these lights. Definitely understand your quality of light compared to big lux numbers comment. I've posted many times that for a bar light my best visibility is achieved with 1200-1500 lumens and more than that amount usually results in too much counter productive reflective glare. Big max. lux numbers has its place for mtn. biking and that's on a helmet for me. Road version looks like it may have some potential for that (I plan on trying it out there) but also no shortage of excellent traditional style/configured throwers available to compliment your mtn. version. Thanks for the update!
    Mole

mtbr member
    Okay guys, now I am getting nervous/excited. The driver boards are being run on the production line tomorrow! After breakout and testing we hope to get the first partial shipment sent or recieved by Friday or Saturday. IF these things arrive on time, I hope to have the first few runs of the lights in production and out the door Monday. If the parts don't arrive till Monday because of shipping delay, aka they don't ship on weekends, then the first batches will be made Monday night and I'll be spending Tuesday and Wednesday getting the majority of the orders out.

So with that in mind, I am officially going to be CLOSING THE PRE-ORDER FRIDAY NIGHT! Last chance! And hopefully by next weekend the majority of you will be riding around with these lights.
    Outbound Lighting!
    THE WAIT IS OVER! SHIPPING NOW!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    That's great news. It sounds like once the boards arrive, they'll be ready to ship within a day or two, which suggests that you have the assembly started already...?

Oh, and in case you're suspicious, we're not anxious or excited about these lights or anything.

-Jeremy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunnelrat81 View Post
    That's great news. It sounds like once the boards arrive, they'll be ready to ship within a day or two, which suggests that you have the assembly started already...?

Oh, and in case you're suspicious, were not anxious or excited about these lights or anything.

-Jeremy
    Yep, I've done all the prep work for assembly over the last few weeks. Stations are ready, programming jigs developed, thermal transfer material cut out, inventory laid out, sub-assemblies made, etc.

Boxes are ready, production batches developed, shipping station all setup, stamps.com account pre-funded (forgot how much shipping costs till you add up how much it's going to be to ship out 180+ boxes in one day....). Literally been waiting for these boards to show up so that we can just drop the drivers in, program it, and assemble the last step.
    Outbound Lighting!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    @Outbound,

Don't forget to GET SOME SLEEP! Better to be a day or two late than to ship out a defective product.

You have a new product that you really aren't familiar with yet, and it's easy to make a mistake. A month from you will probably be able to spot an error across the room.

Scott Novak

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    ...so in the post on the bottom of the last page, the top image is the Road Model and bottom is the Trail Model, correct?

Again where I live the city has installed those new LED elements in their streetlights which have a very tight light cone compared to older more diffuse ones (the whole "light pollution" thing). Some streets have maybe one per block (usually at intersections) so most of the block is dark (particularly due to the fact Portland has a lot of of trees). This is why I am wondering which would be better for me, the Road or Trail model as I like to be able to see signs reflected in down the road as well as low overhanging branches (yes in some areas those are a hazard), not sure the cutoff beam will catch that.

Have you done any dark "tunnel tests" like MBTR did?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BC Shelby View Post
    ...so in the post on the bottom of the last page, the top image is the Road Model and bottom is the Trail Model, correct?

Again where I live the city has installed those new LED elements in their streetlights which have a very tight light cone compared to older more diffuse ones (the whole "light pollution" thing). Some streets have maybe one per block (usually at intersections) so most of the block is dark (particularly due to the fact Portland has a lot of of trees). This is why I am wondering which would be better for me, the Road or Trail model as I like to be able to see signs reflected in down the road as well as low overhanging branches (yes in some areas those are a hazard), not sure the cutoff beam will catch that.

Have you done any dark "tunnel tests" like MBTR did?
    It is correct, however the image isn't the best, mostly because it makes the width look a lot smaller. The higher range of bright/dark makes it harder for the camera to pick up the width.

However I wouldn't confuse the cutoff line as total pitch darkness above it. Just like on automotive lighting there is a small amount of light thrown upwards to reflect road signs, and would be more than enough to catch low lying branches. The light amount is small enough it won't show on a camera or video, but in person it is noticeable. The silicone lens also works to soften up the cutoff line and tossing a little light all around.

I haven't done any tunnel tests, mostly because I don't have any tunnels near me. Been trying to figure out the best way to capture the cutoff line and the difference between the two beam patterns in a way that is a bit more professional than shining it against my garage wall. A close up wall shot doesn't tell the whole story of how it's illuminating the ground in front, and long distance range .
    Outbound Lighting!

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    ...true cameras don't quite do justice in such tests. The reason I mentioned the tunnel test as it really does show more of the beam pattern well. The next best is a straight dark roadway or drive using chalk markings or other items at progressive distance intervals and a pole or placard at a distance from where the light(s) are with a bit reflective material on them.

I do understand the cutoff principle so as not to create excessive glare for oncoming traffic. I used to ride with a Jet Starfire Dual (still have the light head & battery but the charger burned out and Jet Lites is now out of business). I often had to turn off the spot (which was aimed a bit higher) when there was an oncoming vehicle (wasn't unusual for the driver of a car to flash his/her high beams at me to get me to turn mine off if I forgot). The flood unit did produce a pretty decent wide cone though still not nearly as wide as wide as the Outbound. Also, being a Halogen, it got really hot (I could see steam coming off the light head when it rained) and required more power to drive (I believe it only had a 1hr 10 min duration with both beams on).

Speaking of rain, I liked seeing the water test. As Portland is also rather rainy, one of the things that sold me on the Dual Starfire was it's ability to handle wet conditions, however the lenses would fog up in prolonged damp conditions.

So do you have a measurement of how far the cutoff is from the light when properly mounted?

mtbr member
    So do you have a measurement of how far the cutoff is from the light when properly mounted?
    Do you mean how far the beam should illuminate something? Technically the cutoff should be mounted horizontal to the ground, making it so that on a flat plane, by definition the cutoff is basically infinite.

This is a terrible "test" but we did this months ago on the way back from a night ride with some of the early prototypes. This was actually before we even had the 5-die Altilon chips even, so this is roughly 75% of the actual light power.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbhtUNHF...tboundlighting

Basically showing the brightness of two car headlights vs a guy hanging out the window with a pre-production road light, while shot with an iphone...
    Outbound Lighting!

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    ...that is pretty impressive. Just about the same distance and at only about 3/4 the power.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Outbound View Post
    Do you mean how far the beam should illuminate something? Technically the cutoff should be mounted horizontal to the ground, making it so that on a flat plane, by definition the cutoff is basically infinite.

This is a terrible "test" but we did this months ago on the way back from a night ride with some of the early prototypes. This was actually before we even had the 5-die Altilon chips even, so this is roughly 75% of the actual light power.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbhtUNHF...tboundlighting

Basically showing the brightness of two car headlights vs a guy hanging out the window with a pre-production road light, while shot with an iphone...
    :facepalm:

mtbr member
    May 2005
    .....Basically showing the brightness of two car headlights vs a guy hanging out the window with a pre-production road light, while shot with an iphone...
    Couldn't watch the video, won't play for me. Description reminds me of playing around with my current helmet light a few years ago. Held it out the window while driving 60+mph on a Nevada desert highway with the truck headlights off. Plenty to drive by...
    GoPro adapters for bike lights http://www.pacifier.com/~kevinb/index.html

mtbr member
    Technically the cutoff should be mounted horizontal to the ground, making it so that on a flat plane, by definition the cutoff is basically infinite.
    In an alternate reality where all roads are perfectly level and active suspensions are in all conveyances to keep them perfectly level, I would agree.

In this reality with headlamps blasting out up to 3600 lumens highly concentrated at the cutoff, I've got to agree with the states that require vehicle inspections that include headlamp aiming and require some degree of drop in the beam. The nature of our roads (bumpy, undulating, speed hump infested) and vehicles dictates either a beam leveling system with a touch of drop in the beam, or moderate drop for non-leveling systems.

We are a society that ignores most warnings, like the ones on the door of our vehicles that lists the maximum load we can place over the axles. Not that one must overload an axle to create headlamp aim issues... Due to the weight of the engine, the center of balance front to rear of most vehicles tends to be under or forward of the driver's seat. The second you put one person in a rear seat, even a child, or maybe a groceries in the trunk, you've changed your headlamp aim 2-4 degrees. We pay a price for comfort and stability in the form of load capacity.

We should aim cut-off bike lights down as well. Ever have a car cresting a hill blind you for an uncomfortable amount of time? That vehicle probably only had enough of a load to change the headlamp beam one degree, which would place the beam over 8 feet higher at 500 ft distance. A difference of the main beam hitting the ground at your feet Vs. being perfectly aimed at your face.

Our handlebars place bike lamps close to head height for those driving sedans. If you run your beam level, you are going to blind a good percentage of drivers.
    I will suffer no butt-hurt fools!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamingtaco View Post
    In an alternate reality where all roads are perfectly level and active suspensions are in all conveyances to keep them perfectly level, I would agree.

In this reality with headlamps blasting out up to 3600 lumens highly concentrated at the cutoff, I've got to agree with the states that require vehicle inspections that include headlamp aiming and require some degree of drop in the beam. The nature of our roads (bumpy, undulating, speed hump infested) and vehicles dictates either a beam leveling system with a touch of drop in the beam, or moderate drop for non-leveling systems.

We are a society that ignores most warnings, like the ones on the door of our vehicles that lists the maximum load we can place over the axles. Not that one must overload an axle to create headlamp aim issues... Due to the weight of the engine, the center of balance front to rear of most vehicles tends to be under or forward of the driver's seat. The second you put one person in a rear seat, even a child, or maybe a groceries in the trunk, you've changed your headlamp aim 2-4 degrees. We pay a price for comfort and stability in the form of load capacity.

We should aim cut-off bike lights down as well. Ever have a car cresting a hill blind you for an uncomfortable amount of time? That vehicle probably only had enough of a load to change the headlamp beam one degree, which would place the beam over 8 feet higher at 500 ft distance. A difference of the main beam hitting the ground at your feet Vs. being perfectly aimed at your face.

Our handlebars place bike lamps close to head height for those driving sedans. If you run your beam level, you are going to blind a good percentage of drivers.
    That is kind of what I was trying (poorly) to allude to, that real world conditions change the distance of the "cutoff to the light". On cars the aim adjustment is different depending on height, trucks are legally required to be aimed 1-2* below the horizontal, but the edge of the cutoff line is typically right near horizontal. The actual intense hotspot part of the light is 1-2* below the cutoff. This is a quick screenshot on vehicle loads and aim from a presentation by a doctorate engineer over at North American Lighting (NAL) which is part of Koito, if you have a japanese car, most likely have Koito headlights.

Outbound Lighting Focal Series  ---- Discussion -----headlightload.jpg

As for the bike lights, the mounting system is strong enough that it won't vibrate loose, but also loose enough to adjust the cutoff based on the conditions you are in quickly, or to suit your preferences of really strong lighting up close where you are doing fairly slow riding in which you'd aim the cutoff down a bit more (city riding for example), or can aim the cutoff a bit more close to the horizontal for those high speed road rides in the sticks where you need more distance.
    Outbound Lighting!

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    I had an unexpected email notification from UPS that I was getting a package today. My instant thought was you surprised us and our lights shipped early. A little research quickly turned things to disappointment that it was my work AMEX card.

mtbr member
    Sorry to disappoint!

Digikey delayed my order of thermal interface material, and the driver boards are now scheduled to show up Monday. So will be getting all the boxes ready, shipping labels, costs added up, the rest of the preparation and more this weekend.

We are closing the pre-orders in about 3 hours, nearly 200 of you guys ordered over the last 6 months! and I can't thank you enough. It has been about 15 months since this started as a spark, a sketch, and then some quick 3D models. I thought for sure we'd knock this out in about 8-9 months given my experience with product development. Lessons learned.

Almost there!
    Outbound Lighting!

mtbr member
    Our driver boards show up today, been hitting refresh on the tracking number all morning! Got 100 lights all prepped and ready to go this weekend along with getting all our shipping stuff squared away. Will be programming and doing final assembly of the first batch of lights tonight and hopefully the first orders out!

Time for some pics!

Outbound Lighting Focal Series  ---- Discussion -----img_5554.jpg

Outbound Lighting Focal Series  ---- Discussion -----img_5549.jpg

Outbound Lighting Focal Series  ---- Discussion -----img_5556.jpg

Outbound Lighting Focal Series  ---- Discussion -----img_5551.jpg

That is a picture showing the production area we have setup. The pink squares are Laird thermal transfer material that goes on both sides of the main LED board to properly sink the heat to the casting.

Also snuck away for an hour to a local exotic car show with the family and ended up basically filling up my entire phone with pictures of the different headlight configurations. Here are some interesting shots to note! Why? Cause they are all using the Lumiled Altilon chips! The same ones being used in this headlight.

This was on a Porsche 911 GT3 I believe
    Outbound Lighting Focal Series  ---- Discussion -----img_5517.jpg

BMW M4 for this one
    Outbound Lighting Focal Series  ---- Discussion -----img_5524.jpg
    Outbound Lighting!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Awesome! Your competitors had better go back to the drawing board. I used to throw away money buying all of the big-name lights but no more. Lupine, in particular, is going to have to re-evaluate their over-priced and under-performing products.

Thanks, Outbound!

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    ...nice.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    I saw the kickstarter update email saying 18 people haven't filled out the questionaire so you don't have their shipping info. I think I filled it out months ago but how would one confirm they have?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerpss View Post
    I saw the kickstarter update email saying 18 people haven't filled out the questionaire so you don't have their shipping info. I think I filled it out months ago but how would one confirm they have?
    If you are one of the ones who bought just the lighthead only, then I most likely have your information. Only one person who got a lighthead hasn't responded (despite a message directly sent as well). You can PM me your name and email used for the order and I can double check.
    Outbound Lighting!

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    ...will we be able to find these in cycle shops soon?

mtbr member
    ...will we be able to find these in cycle shops soon?
    We are going to be focusing on scaling appropriately. That means mostly direct sales at the moment to repay the debts from our investment into making a bunch of these, however working with some local bike shops. Once we have the kinks ironed out and got a good business flow humming then we'll start trying to work with more shops, and hopefully some distribtors.

I do want to build a long lasting company that will be known for high quality lights, and if anything like this experience has taught me, we gotta take it slow and not jump into things that might get us in over our heads, like trying to link up with a large distribtor to get into local bike shops across the country without a plan in place to be able to crank out hundreds of these a day.
    Outbound Lighting!

mtbr member
    So made the decision to just focus on getting all of our production orders complete before shipping stuff, that way we aren't just splitting time and getting off-track in terms of work flow. We are currently halfway through the production run of the first batch and will be working tirelessly over the weekend to finish it up and start slapping shipping stickers on the boxes.

We are having a local release party tonight for the local friends who bought lights to get their first units. If anyone is in the St. Louis area, we'll be at Trailhead Brewery in St. Charles (next to bangert island trail) at 7:30 tonight celebrating this big milestone of ours. Been almost 15 months since the first idea of "what if we made a bike light?", felt like this day was only a few months away at the time.

I think the real big feeling is going to be Monday or tuesday when I load up my car with hundreds of boxes to take to the post office and get out the door.

Outbound Lighting Focal Series  ---- Discussion -----34836762_10100306342704773_8665982030267285504_n.jpg

(P.S. we really have way more than just 10 packed up, these are just the confirmed local pickup orders. :P )
    Outbound Lighting!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Woo!

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    This is awesome news! Does that first batch include all of your KS backers? I ask as I'm looking at the calendar and thinking "Wow, I might get to try this new light at NEMBAfest in Vermont!"

Congratulations on reaching this amazing milestone, have fun riding tonight and don't forget to sleep this weekend!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Precision Man View Post
    This is awesome news! Does that first batch include all of your KS backers? I ask as I'm looking at the calendar and thinking "Wow, I might get to try this new light at NEMBAfest in Vermont!"

Congratulations on reaching this amazing milestone, have fun riding tonight and don't forget to sleep this weekend!
    We are fulfilling all the kickstarter backers first, as they are the ones who've been waiting since November and December, then all the online orders will follow. Shouldn't be a big disparity between the times as once we get the full production run complete it's just a matter of how fast can we print out a shipping label and wrap it up in a box.

And thank you! Have been trying to remind myself to get to sleep. It's getting rare to find.
    Outbound Lighting!

mtbr member
    You're probably going to feel like you're giving away your children when you drop them off at the post office!

Congrats!

-Garry
    "My Bike Lights" Thread on BLF teardowns, measurements, and beamshots. Moving my photos, PM or post up if you can't see them.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Congratulations on this achivement! It is rare moment someone make it on it's own and on that scale. Great job.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by garrybunk View Post
    You're probably going to feel like you're giving away your children when you drop them off at the post office!

Congrats!

-Garry
    Get em outtttttt, they are ready to get on their own in the real world. :P

Even though it will be terrifying I will admit.

Thank you for the kind words, I do want to remind people that I am in this for the long haul, so when you do get your lights please give me any constructive criticisms and we will be trying our best to continually improve. Got some feature you think would be nice in the software? Let us know and we'll try to bake it into the next production round. Want a change to the beam pattern? Describe it and I'll look into what it'll take to modify if I get enough people wanting something different.

Experience a failure? Abso****inlutely let me know and we'll fix it ASAP, and will want the failed unit back so we can figure out what went wrong and how to prevent it in the future.

We went into this paying a lot higher unit cost at the expense of low inventory so that we have the flexibility to make changes without being stuck with a ton of old inventory, or having to tell people "thanks for the suggestion" but no chance to change it since we have 5000 sitting on the shelf we have to sell in order to make a change for example.

I do certainly hope that there isn't much bad feedback, and everyone is happy, and we can focus on the next round of investment on more products.
    Outbound Lighting!

mtbr member
    Get em outtttttt, they are ready to get on their own in the real world. :P
    Can't wait! There is a local night ride next Friday night, hoping to debut this blazing bad-boy! I wish I could buy you a beer tonight but it's a little far. I am KSB#101 and I am ridiculously excited to get this light, I am a bit of a flashlight geek and have run all sorts of bike lights over the years from horrid homebuilts to high end sets. This looks to be far and away the best, better than I ever expected to be available, and for a great price too! The most shocking thing of all is it's from a Kickstarter, and basically a year ahead of schedule by KS standards. Congrats on pulling this off, looking forward to following your lights down the trails for years to come.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Shouldn't be a big disparity between the times as once we get the full production run complete it's just a matter of how fast can we print out a shipping label and wrap it up in a box.
    Any rough estimate when the online orders might follow? I'm planning to ride a 24h race on June 23rd and would love to run these lamps!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Velodonata View Post
    Can't wait! There is a local night ride next Friday night, hoping to debut this blazing bad-boy! I wish I could buy you a beer tonight but it's a little far. I am KSB#101 and I am ridiculously excited to get this light, I am a bit of a flashlight geek and have run all sorts of bike lights over the years from horrid homebuilts to high end sets. This looks to be far and away the best, better than I ever expected to be available, and for a great price too! The most shocking thing of all is it's from a Kickstarter, and basically a year ahead of schedule by KS standards. Congrats on pulling this off, looking forward to following your lights down the trails for years to come.
    I'll make sure you get yours! Hopefully before that event!

Appreciate the kind words! We had our launch party last night, went great, sold a few more lights to people who just wanted to see it in person first. Everyone seemed impressed with the quality of it, the tech behind it, the reflector, the chip size, and how light the actual head is for the size. Should start seeing some reviews come in! Already got some Instagram action going.

This was the road headlight:
    Outbound Lighting Focal Series  ---- Discussion -----road1.jpg
    Outbound Lighting!

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    ...looks good.

Will wait to order until you get all the pre-orders shipped.

BCS

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Iím assuming everything has passed your performance and quality checks as youíve boxed and sold light sets locally so thatís good news! Looks like most orders should be received within a week or so. Canít wait, now the days are so long Iíll have to get up at 3AM or ride around 10pm to play with the new light but whatevs...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I just got the most recent KS update. In it, thereís mention that the first 110 backersí units will ship very soon. Iím backer 99. There is also mention that we should have tracking numbers. I donít have one. I did however, complete the survey (if youíre referring to the one where I was asked US charger or something else). Should I expect a unit from the first batch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    PM'ed you

Then realized my settings for the shipping didn't include automatically sending out the tracking numbers. Got that updated. Now to see if there is a way to retroactively send out another email blast.

If anyone DID actually get a tracking number last night, could you let me know where the email came from?
    Outbound Lighting!

beater
    Like incubus, I should be in that shipment (backer #26) but didn't see an email beyond KS update #17. I'm not sweating it, though. KS shows my response to the survey questions, so I should be all set.

mtbr member
    Outbound Lighting Focal Series  ---- Discussion -----35145168_474594056294338_7011674736539205632_n.jpg

Outbound Lighting!

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I just got a tracking number, generated very late last night, from tracking@shipstation.com

Very exciting!

mtbr member
    I just got a tracking number, generated very late last night, from tracking@shipstation.com

Very exciting!
    Good good, I was able to "resend all notifications" for any of the shipments I printed out last night. Sounds like it went through. Now to correct that time zone.... I was only up till 11pm putting boxes together.
    Outbound Lighting!

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Haha, so you are still sleeping, very good!

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Just got my tracking number. Barely squeaked into this batch, backer 109, can't wait to test these out.

mtbr member
    Haha, so you are still sleeping, very good!
    That's a relative term. :P

Finished up packing boxes, then up at 5:30 thanks to the 4 month old daughter waking up, and at my full-time job at 7, now will get home and get right back to trying to fulfill the last batch of KS orders. Then produce another small round of lights for all the online orders, THEN will be able to say finally caught up, and open for normal business.
    Outbound Lighting!

mtbr member
    I just got mine. Came from tracking@shipstation.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Got my tracking # from tracking@shipstation.com. #28. Can't wait to get mine. Thanks!
    2018 RSD Middlechild
    2016 Norco Sasquatch 6.1
    2010 Giant STP SS

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Great to see things are in final stage. Great job guys! I havent received any mail regarding the tracking number while i am backer #67. Maybe packets to europe get processed slower? I know i am nitpicking but i am so excited to try the lights

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBucan View Post
    Great to see things are in final stage. Great job guys! I havent received any mail regarding the tracking number while i am backer #67. Maybe packets to europe get processed slower? I know i am nitpicking but i am so excited to try the lights

Probably should have clarified that not shipping these out in the exact order they were ordered (even though I know that's what is implied based on my KS update, my bad). I got all the Trail Editions with US & Euro chargers, Combo packs with US charger, and Road Edition with US Chargers out yesterday. Working in larger batches like that let me be much more efficient.

Tonight is all the Road with Euro Chargers, Combo packs with Euro Chargers, and then individual lightheads going out. Then will need to do another small production run to fulfill all the online pre-orders through the website.

So long story short, you should see a generated tracking number tonight in like 8 hours.
    Outbound Lighting!

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Gotchya, makes sense and packaging goes smoother. Well i am counting days, hours, minutes, seconds...

mtbr member
    Alright guys, it's 11:30pm here, and I just wrapped up packing up my car with another 50-60-ish orders.

As of now, except for 7 people I haven't heard from, I've completed all the 153 kickstarter backers, and started on the online pre-orders. I have about 20 lights to build tomorrow and complete all the online stuff. Then maybe make another 20 or to start to have on hand..... Then maybe breathe?
    Outbound Lighting!

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    You have all done a hell of a job so we get our lights as soon as posible and remained transparent troughout this campaign, il buy you a beer if we ever meet

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBucan View Post
    You have all done a hell of a job so we get our lights as soon as posible and remained transparent troughout this campaign, il buy you a beer if we ever meet

I do appreciate that, though not sure when I'll be in Serbia next!
    Outbound Lighting!

mtbr member
    Mine is sched for delivery Thursday! Canít wait to try it, although I wonít really need it for a few mos.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Had to register here just to say very nice work!
    I just arrived at work, and saw a notification about shipping number. I don't really need any bicycle lamps in a couple of months but really locking forward to unpack it! I'm really so tired of the low PWM speed of the Magic Shine I have today, specially in rain, snow and when there are leaves at the ground. Should be nice to have a flicker free light which can be used at high lumens for hours. Don't think the magic shine even holds to and from work with the flicker free highest mode.

Edit:
    After reading my notification email, I don't have any link for tracking in mine, anyone else who experienced that? It tells "You can track your package at any time using the link below." But I can't find any link!?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Alright guys, it's 11:30pm here, and I just wrapped up packing up my car with another 50-60-ish orders.

As of now, except for 7 people I haven't heard from, I've completed all the 153 kickstarter backers, and started on the online pre-orders. I have about 20 lights to build tomorrow and complete all the online stuff. Then maybe make another 20 or to start to have on hand..... Then maybe breathe?
    Great work! Its great to see a start up with this level of commitment and communication to their early customers. I placed an online order a couple of days ago, and I can't wait to put it to use. I would have been a KS backer had I found this thread earlier. It is basically night riding only for the next several months here in Phoenix, so I will being putting this light to good use.

mtbr member
    People are getting their lights, opening their boxes, and tagging us on Instagram. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

*EDIT* So apparently MTBR doesn't allow GIFs on here. Booo. So here's a direct link

https://media.giphy.com/media/rl0FOxdz7CcxO/giphy.gif
    Outbound Lighting!

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    I donít have mine yet but am thrilled that others have theirs already. Iím getting frequent text updates from USPS, with the most recent one a few minutes ago giving an expected delivery date of Saturday 6/16. 😊😊

mtbr member
    Alright guys, as of 12:45am last night. Every. Single. Order. Is out the door. Over 200+ lights made over the course of several very long days.

Still have another small batch to make to have on hand, but I think tonight might take a break and just cruise instagram for a while.
    Outbound Lighting!

mtbr member
    Have been holding my breath watching the tracking information. Last 2 USPS handled light orders I've had have arrived in Phoenix on time but then taken side trips to Tucson and Yuma before comming back to Phoenix causing delays from predicted delivery dates. Arrived in Phoenix and was @ my local Post Office early AM so looks like I should have the lights this afternoon. Weather permitting I should get a chance to try out the lights on a ride tonight. Thanks Matt!!!
    Mole

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMOLE View Post
    Have been holding my breath watching the tracking information. Last 2 USPS handled light orders I've had have arrived in Phoenix on time but then taken side trips to Tucson and Yuma before comming back to Phoenix causing delays from predicted delivery dates. Arrived in Phoenix and was @ my local Post Office early AM so looks like I should have the lights this afternoon. Weather permitting I should get a chance to try out the lights on a ride tonight. Thanks Matt!!!
    Mole
    Just remember to throw that battery on a charger ASAP! Most of the batteries shipped pretty much depleted, so they'll need at least one good charge to get things up to speed.
    Outbound Lighting!

mtbr member
    Just remember to throw that battery on a charger ASAP! Most of the batteries shipped pretty much depleted, so they'll need at least one good charge to get things up to speed.
    Thanks! Luckily I have several batteries that should work with your lights so If I don't get enough time to fully charge the new one it won't stop me from taking the these lights out for a spin. I'm more worried about high winds but if needed will just play indoors with the light meter/DMM/infrared thermometer which I want to do eventually anyway. Last tracking info says "Out for delivery"!!!
    Mole

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Mole
    ....I had a GPU card I bought for my workstation take three days travelling 750 miles north from Shreveport LA to Chicago before finally heading west to Portland OR. Why it simply wasn't transferred to say Dallas after the first leg to New Orleans or Kansas City/Denver when it hit St Louis perplexes me. Watching the route it was taking, the seller and I were taking bets on where it would end up next.

mtbr member
    I'll make sure you get yours! Hopefully before that event!
    It was waiting for me when I got home, very impressively packaged, and now the battery is on the charger. Light looks great, can't wait to try it out around the neighborhood tonight, and on the off-road group night ride tomorrow. Briefly lit it up with another battery pack, it passes the daylight "piss off the girlfriend in the livingroom" test. The mount works well, too. I usually like to use GoPro style mounts for everything, but that is because most bar mounts suck. This one seems to be secure and well thought out. So far, very impressed. Kickstarter done right!

mtbr member
    The mount works well, too. I usually like to use GoPro style mounts for everything, but that is because most bar mounts suck. This one seems to be secure and well thought out. So far, very impressed. Kickstarter done right!
    Glad to hear positive feedback on that mount. My only strap mount is on a heavier light and is not secure enough for even rough roads. It's very hot hear in Arizona and being able to use the mount with the cooling scoop will help!
    Mole

mtbr member
    May 2005
    ....I had a GPU card I bought for my workstation take three days travelling 750 miles north from Shreveport LA to Chicago before finally heading west to Portland OR. Why it simply wasn't transferred to say Dallas after the first leg to New Orleans or Kansas City/Denver when it hit St Louis perplexes me. Watching the route it was taking, the seller and I were taking bets on where it would end up next.
    To further drift OT....

I had an order of GoPro adapters that were supposed to go to a buyer in Germany. They left the US via LA, went to Tokyo, back to LA, then somewhere in the mid-west, then NY, finally to Germany after about 3 weeks. A very well-traveled package by the time it got to the buyer.

And to bring it back OT...

I'm awaiting MRMOLE's first impressions. He has a huge array of lights to make comparisons with and a discerning eye for beam quality.
    GoPro adapters for bike lights http://www.pacifier.com/~kevinb/index.html

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vancbiker View Post
    I'm awaiting MRMOLE's first impressions. He has a huge array of lights to make comparisons with and a discerning eye for beam quality.
    I'm nervously awaiting it too!

I know you guys are going to be the biggest critics, rightfully so. We can only get better from here!
    Outbound Lighting!

mtbr member
    Briefly lit it up with another battery pack, it passes the daylight "piss off the girlfriend in the livingroom" test.
    Yea I think by the time I was done prototyping and developing it my wife was about ready to divorce me with how many of those tests I did. :P
    Outbound Lighting!

mtbr member

Outbound Lighting Focal Series ---- Discussion ----

Got it! Battery is charging. Iíll shine it down the street tonight. Prob wonít use it on a ride for couple 3 mos or so

mtbr member
    I'm nervously awaiting it too!

I know you guys are going to be the biggest critics, rightfully so. We can only get better from here!
    If thing go as well as my first my first impression I wouldn't be too nervous, I'm sure these lights will be well liked. Lights are larger than most will be used to but not heavier. Lots of surface area to carry heat away which will be tested immediately since it will probably experience 100F degree ride temps on its first outing with me. Agree with Velo... that the mounting strap looks and feels like it will work fine. Also solid mounting + smooth operating top mounted (my personal preference) mode button = 1 finger operation without affecting beam aiming. Bar setups that require horizontal beam adjustment will require use of the GoPro mount and I haven't messed with helmet mounting options yet but the GoPro mount will probably be the best bet for that usage too.

Turning the lights on (in the house) things look good too. These light's tint closely matches that of a CW Gloworm and they have a wide (road) to very wide (mtn) beam coverage. Indoor test can be deceiving though so need to get a road test in to see how they really work. Looks good so far.
    Mole

mtbr member
    If thing go as well as my first my first impression I wouldn't be too nervous, I'm sure these lights will be well liked. Lights are larger than most will be used to but not heavier. Lots of surface area to carry heat away which will be tested immediately since it will probably experience 100F degree ride temps on its first outing with me. Agree with Velo... that the mounting strap looks and feels like it will work fine. Also solid mounting + smooth operating top mounted (my personal preference) mode button = 1 finger operation without affecting beam aiming. Bar setups that require horizontal beam adjustment will require use of the GoPro mount and I haven't messed with helmet mounting options yet but the GoPro mount will probably be the best bet for that usage too.

Turning the lights on (in the house) things look good too. These light's tint closely matches that of a CW Gloworm and they have a wide (road) to very wide (mtn) beam coverage. Indoor test can be deceiving though so need to get a road test in to see how they really work. Looks good so far.
    Mole
    Will preface by saying that it'll get rippin hot at a standstill, and thats why there is a thermistor to monitor things and pull back power. But all those fins and cooling is designed so that even at a walking/jogging pace it'll cool down right away. On a brisk ride even in 100*F I don't see any problems at all, I bet after you ride hard and touch the light right away after it'll hardly feel anything over ambient. :P
    Outbound Lighting!

mtbr member
    Bar setups that require horizontal beam adjustment will require use of the GoPro mount and I haven't messed with helmet mounting options yet but the GoPro mount will probably be the best bet for that usage too.
    There is a touch of horizontal adjustment available in the strap mount, the light head will swivel a few degrees in the mount on the bolt. That and the width of the beam may make it acceptable on less than ideal bar positions.

mtbr member
    Mole
    I took it to the backyard, it evenly lights up the entire thing. Such a different feel than what I am used to, I think I am going to like it and I am super curious how it will go tomorrow night.
    Unfortunately it is a poor color match for my almost new Gloworm X2 helmet light, I shouldn't have ordered the NW. I wonder if a helmet light will be so important now, though? So I guess color may be a small issue, or just a minor preference mismatch. Slightly warmer would be nice, but I didn't even think about that until comparing it to the X2. And the X2 is probably a little bit warmer than ideal.

mtbr member
    Curious if the color is warmer or cooler than expected? The altilon chips are in the low 5000k range, then the lens drops it down to what I'd wager is mid 4000k temp. I'm not certain on what the gloworms are running at.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Curious if the color is warmer or cooler than expected? The altilon chips are in the low 5000k range, then the lens drops it down to what I'd wager is mid 4000k temp. I'm not certain on what the gloworms are running at.
    There is the problem of LED manufacturers definitions of color tint.

Cree 5000k is ALOT more like the slightly yellow halogen type color where as I've seen car makers claim 5000k and it looks more like 6000-6500k cree LEDs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Life on a bike doesn't begin till the sun goes down.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I rode around my condo's field and wow, what a difference from a NightRider Lumina, I guess I never realized just how intense that light's center beam is. Initially I thought the new light's beam was a bit vertically short, but I was using it in a field, which means I had no nearby trees, so it's probably not an at all fair comparison to normal riding. I am hoping to try it out tomorrow on normal trails. The build quality looks to be fantastic, great job!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I also agree on the build quality...fit and finish look fantastic. I threw the road-version onto my bike this evening and the high cut-off looks very precise. If the weather holds, I may be commuting early tomorrow morning and can pass on a better impression of the beam (I anticipate using only the low or medium output). 24h race next weekend will put the MTB lamp to the test. So far, impressed with the packaging, controls, and beam patterns. *Note* my night riding over the past few years has been using a cheap Chinese LED, usually running on medium (~800 lumens, claimed), which has been perfectly adequate for road and riding trails at Pisgah...so, it won't take much to improve on this. But the lens and reflector on the OL lamps are a work of art. Clearly the difference between 'engineered with a purpose', compared to the 'repurposed flashlight' I've been running.

Great job, guys! This is going to be the best Xmas in June I've had yet!!!

[Update]
    First commute on the road lamp this morning. As noted above, the high cut-off on the road lamp is very distinct. The distribution of light is smooth and wide with no hot-spots, no major roll-off low or on the sides; much more even than my cars' headlights.

The rubber strap-mount also allows the light to be pivoted downward quickly if you're riding with the cut-off too high as oncoming traffic approaches. Otherwise, I had no issues with oncoming drivers flashing their brights at me.

I rode the 30-mile commute using the med-low setting. The light intensity at this setting is similar to my old light's low setting (it had a claimed 1600 lumen and 800 lumen setting...the lower 800 lumen setting is what I always used, road or MTB). At around 90 minutes, the battery indicator showed 80% remaining on my 6200mAh pack (I am running non-OL batteries, since I had several Magic Shine/Panasonic and GloWorm packs prior to purchasing the lights). Although I don't know yet if the battery indicator responds linearly, I suppose this is what I expect (~6 hours at this setting). I'll throw the ammeter on it early next week to look at the current on the different settings; if it's drawing .7-.8 amps on the med-low setting, it'll hit my targets for battery life. The light also ran very cool, but again I wasn't pushing it.

Overall, very pleased with the road lamp. Looking forward to using the MTB lamp next weekend!
    Last edited by VegasSingleSpeed; 2 Days Ago at 04:40 AM.

mtbr member
    I didn't expect it to be warm, with the LEDs coming from the automotive side of the tracks. The beam looks so good I honestly didn't even think about the color until I thought to compare it to my Gloworm, which is distinctly on the warm side. I tend to prefer slightly warm to cool, but I don't think I will have a problem with the tint other than wishing it matched the Gloworm. If I decide that I still need a good helmet light, I may have to get the cooler version of the X2 since MRMOLE indicated it's a good match.

mtbr member
    I didn't expect it to be warm, with the LEDs coming from the automotive side of the tracks. The beam looks so good I honestly didn't even think about the color until I thought to compare it to my Gloworm, which is distinctly on the warm side. I tend to prefer slightly warm to cool, but I don't think I will have a problem with the tint other than wishing it matched the Gloworm. If I decide that I still need a good helmet light, I may have to get the cooler version of the X2 since MRMOLE indicated it's a good match.
    Outbound Lighting Focal Series  ---- Discussion -----001.jpg

Took both road and trail out last night with my 2017 CW Gloworm X2 as a helmet light. Worked well with the OL lights and after road testing still feel tint is a very good match. Second thoughts on running neutral white issue has come up before and I believe Jim @ Action indicated he would be happy to switch out the NW emitters for CW one (for a charge of course) so no need to buy a whole new lighthead. I got 30 mi. in switching back an forth switching between the road and trail and am impressed with how smooth and even the beam is. Minimal dirt on the route I took so look forward to hearing how you like the OL's on a real mtn ride. Possible rain tonight and tomorrow nigh may keep me from getting out again for a few days and my light meter is dead so I need to get that fixed in case the weather keeps me in. More to follow (eventually).
    Mole

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Behind the curve here compared to those who received their lights already, mine will arrive Saturday. I want to do a GoPro vid of a trail ride Saturday night. I have a chest mount and gimbal just need to lock in the settings to get a good night video. If anyone has any GoPro setting recommendations for good night ride footage(I have a Hero 6), please PM me.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Throw it into "pro mode" or whatever it's called on your phone and lock the iso setting and use 30fps. There are a bunch of good night usage GoPro articles out there.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	1203791

Took both road and trail out last night with my 2017 CW Gloworm X2 as a helmet light. Worked well with the OL lights and after road testing still feel tint is a very good match. Second thoughts on running neutral white issue has come up before and I believe Jim @ Action indicated he would be happy to switch out the NW emitters for CW one (for a charge of course) so no need to buy a whole new lighthead. I got 30 mi. in switching back an forth switching between the road and trail and am impressed with how smooth and even the beam is. Minimal dirt on the route I took so look forward to hearing how you like the OL's on a real mtn ride. Possible rain tonight and tomorrow nigh may keep me from getting out again for a few days and my light meter is dead so I need to get that fixed in case the weather keeps me in. More to follow (eventually).
    Mole
    ...interested in seeing how the Road model performs on a rainy night as I live in Oregon. My old Jet Dual Starfire would steam when it got wet and the lenses would fog.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I got my lights, but have not really looked at them closely yet. Is there an easy way to tell the difference between the road and trail (because I got one of each).

P.S. please don't say to turn them on. LOL

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasSingleSpeed View Post
    First commute on the road lamp this morning. As noted above, the high cut-off on the road lamp is very distinct. The distribution of light is smooth and wide with no hot-spots, no major roll-off low or on the sides; much more even than my cars' headlights.

The rubber strap-mount also allows the light to be pivoted downward quickly if you're riding with the cut-off too high as oncoming traffic approaches. Otherwise, I had no issues with oncoming drivers flashing their brights at me.

I rode the 30-mile commute using the med-low setting. The light intensity at this setting is similar to my old light's low setting (it had a claimed 1600 lumen and 800 lumen setting...the lower 800 lumen setting is what I always used, road or MTB). At around 90 minutes, the battery indicator showed 80% remaining on my 6200mAh pack (I am running non-OL batteries, since I had several Magic Shine/Panasonic and GloWorm packs prior to purchasing the lights). Although I don't know yet if the battery indicator responds linearly, I suppose this is what I expect (~6 hours at this setting). I'll throw the ammeter on it early next week to look at the current on the different settings; if it's drawing .7-.8 amps on the med-low setting, it'll hit my targets for battery life. The light also ran very cool, but again I wasn't pushing it.

Overall, very pleased with the road lamp. Looking forward to using the MTB lamp next weekend!
    The status lights I wouldn't say is a "linear" measure of battery life, especially since we wanted to have more control and warnings near the end of life of the battery, as that is when it matters so that someone isn't left in the middle of nowhere because there was only one light left and it wasn't giving a reliable measure of what's going on. The first half is fairly accurate I'd say. Once it gets to status light 3 (halfway) then have a little less than 1/2 battery life left on that particular brightness setting.
    Outbound Lighting!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wish I Were Riding View Post
    I got my lights, but have not really looked at them closely yet. Is there an easy way to tell the difference between the road and trail (because I got one of each).

P.S. please don't say to turn them on. LOL
    Turn em .... oh....

The road reflector has the "larger" reflector faces, while the trail is made up of nearly 1000 tiny little faces. Pretty much the easiest way to tell the difference.

I'm already looking into a permanent way to have the lights marked for future production. Probably a pad printed label. You aren't the first to ask this!
    Outbound Lighting!

mtbr member
    ...interested in seeing how the Road model performs on a rainy night as I live in Oregon. My old Jet Dual Starfire would steam when it got wet and the lenses would fog.
    Will preface by saying that if going from a high humidity environment and turning on the light, you will see fogging on the inside of the lens. However we do have a breather hole with a gore patch on the casting (you can see a tiny 2mm hole on the underside of the casting if you look for it).

This is 100% perfectly normal, and the breather vent is there so that the condensation can escape, and not end up pressurizing the housing, or condensation on the electrical components. The fogging would go away in about 10-15 minutes of operation after initial startup. During testing would see only localized fogging, like dime sized, not an entire fogging of the lens.
    Outbound Lighting!

mtbr member
    On a brisk ride even in 100*F I don't see any problems at all, I bet after you ride hard and touch the light right away after it'll hardly feel anything over ambient. :P
    Lights worked just fine in 100 degree temps but you would have lost your bet as the lighthead was uncomfortable to touch for very long. Still no noticeable effect on the light running in those temps which is better than nearly all the lights I've owned or tried.

My impression of the tint of the light would have been 5500 - 6000K. Not sure what Gloworm uses but a very close match.
    Mole

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    I am glad people are getting their lights, but i have a question about tracking the shippment. I only received one email that my package is shipped, and in the email was writen i can track it via a link, but no link was in email to any website. Is this maybe some sort off passive tracking where i get notifiation as the package travels from place to place? I am confused...

mtbr member
    Lights worked just fine in 100 degree temps but you would have lost your bet as the lighthead was uncomfortable to touch for very long. Still no noticeable effect on the light running in those temps which is better than nearly all the lights I've owned or tried.
    Dang, okay I'll concede.

Does raise a question though.... should I consider lowering the set point for the heat side of things so that the case doesn't feel like its hot to the touch, even though it'd come at the expense of lowered brightness in low movement settings? Would be purely for a consumer perception type thing since the LED is nowhere near it's thermal breaking point.
    Outbound Lighting!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    needed a another light for my riding partner.. ordered one yesterday and happy to see I should have it monday

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Dang, okay I'll concede.

Does raise a question though.... should I consider lowering the set point for the heat side of things so that the case doesn't feel like its hot to the touch, even though it'd come at the expense of lowered brightness in low movement settings? Would be purely for a consumer perception type thing since the LED is nowhere near it's thermal breaking point.
    My vote is to let the light run hot, as long as the LED is safe. I would prefer that the light not auto-dim unless it is necessary.

mtbr member
    Dang, okay I'll concede.

People are not going to like it getting too hot to touch.

On my Zebralight I can adjust the temperature the PID kicks in up or down 5įC
    There's some measurements of how the effects the runtimes and brightness here:
    Zebralight SC600-III (XHP35, 1x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!!

mtbr member
    Dang, okay I'll concede.

I don't think I would consider changing anything at this point. Hot lightheads are part of night riding here in the desert and your lights fare far better than most.
    Mole

mtbr member
    Took both road and trail out last night with my 2017 CW Gloworm X2 as a helmet light. Worked well with the OL lights and after road testing still feel tint is a very good match. Second thoughts on running neutral white issue has come up before and I believe Jim @ Action indicated he would be happy to switch out the NW emitters for CW one (for a charge of course) so no need to buy a whole new lighthead. I got 30 mi. in switching back an forth switching between the road and trail and am impressed with how smooth and even the beam is. Minimal dirt on the route I took so look forward to hearing how you like the OL's on a real mtn ride.
    Thanks, I will check with Jim @ Action, changing the emitters would solve my problem, paired with the Outbound I want to continue to use the Gloworm X2 as a helmet light, it's a great little light.

The first woods ride with the Outbound was almost rained out and was a damp mess and shorter than planned, but still a good time. The light performed well and as expected. It is a different experience than running traditional lights and took a little bit of familiarization. The light delivers a wide and remarkably even but smoothly defined pattern. The beam width won't quite let you see around the tightest corners, but damn close and I was on well familiar trails so I didn't use the helmet light at all. I had no problems without it. The smooth spread of light has a distinct and even horizontal upper cutoff that I set the light angle by, and just enough light spill above to see and avoid branches, hanging moss and vines.

The one thing the light does not provide is penetrating throw, this is obviously the compromise for spreading the beam so nicely and is not so much a problem as an observation. For some trails, higher speed quick up-and-down stuff that we have but could not ride last night due to the recent rain, I think the helmet light will still be welcome to see above the cutoff when the bars are still pointing down but the trail is soon to be heading up, and to see below the shadow of upcoming dips and drops. And having a source with more throw will also be useful on fast straight stuff. With matched tint, I think the Gloworm X2 will be an ideal helmet light for this role, and I wouldn't want to go into the woods with only one light anyway, just for backup purposes. But not chasing a hot spot of light was quite nice for the majority of the ride and I am going to happily run the Outbound as my new primary light.

The user interface worked great for me, I am already spoiled by the excellent little Gloworm remote which is fantastic for a helmet light, so the Outbound having a big easy to use button and mode/power remaining indicators with logical and easy to use functionality was nice. The light tint was absolutely fine out in the woods, I never gave it a thought while riding. The bar mount also worked well and as expected, it was sturdy and secure while being easily adjustable up and down and a wee bit side to side. I don't expect to ever bother with the GoPro adapter.

I am quite pleased with this light and very impressed with how well executed this entire enterprise has been by Outbound. I suppose the guys who want to throw a fireball down the trail won't love it, but I expect it to be very popular with riders that appreciate a light that is both refined and effective.
    Last edited by Velodonata; 1 Day Ago at 07:57 AM. Reason: typo + detail

mtbr member
    I am quite pleased with this light and very impressed with how well executed this entire enterprise has been by Outbound. I suppose the guys who want to throw a fireball down the trail won't love it, but I expect it to be very popular with riders that appreciate a light that is both refined and effective.
    Thanks for the kind words! You are correct in that this won't be the "light to end all lights" for the hardcore trail guy who does want to throw fireballs down the trail, but this is going to be an insanely good compliment to whatever they have currently. At least until my next light.

However the combination of trail on the bar and a road on the helmet is quite an insane combo. I am going to be putting together another package on the website just for that. The Mucho Grande pack or something, maybe we'll come up with a better name. But two chargers, two batteries, extension cord, go pro adapters, Trail and Road lighthead, and the bar mounts. Great for that ultimate setup.
    Outbound Lighting!

mtbr member
    Also, I have gotten a few reports of broken straps when trying to get tight on a small bar (sub 25mm). These are one too many, and I am already in contact with our supplier to modify the design a bit, add larger radiuses to the holes, and switch the material to one with a better tear resistance, but still be soft enough to be grippy and to pull tight onto the bar.

As soon as we get samples approved and a production run going, I will be sending a new strap to EVERYONE who bought a light, irregardless if your strap is working perfectly. I do not want you to be at the trailhead and finding your strap is broken due to a design flaw on our end, so going to be proactive and just nip the problem in the bud early on.

And next time i'll be sure to test even on tiny 10mm bars and superman strength.

My apologies in advance if anyone experiences a broken strap. Please contact me at contact@outboundlighting.com if you experience a problem and I will get you a new "old" strap in the mail ASAP until our new designs come in. I hope this process will take less than a month or so.

Like I mentioned, this seems to be localized only to those who are trying to strap tightly to really small bars, no problems reported yet on a typical 25 or 32mm bar.
    Outbound Lighting!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345