I like turtles

Ok ok.....you guys were right....neutral white is kinda good....

Tonight I used both my Yindings for the first time on my standard ~12 miles singeltrack slayer ride. Both the neutral white tint with my new cheap-o Amazon battery packs. I usually run my Gemini's which are the standard cool white LEDs. Wow. They really are noticeably easier on your eyes. I'm sold. Now, I'm not upgrading my Gemini's yet b/c they are great lights and to be honest, their tint is fine to me but if I were to buy new lights, I would definitely go with the neutral whites. You win. Forum light nerds 1, TiGeo 0.
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2018 Niner RKT 9 RDO - enduro are #@$%

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Tigriss,

where do the ITUO lights fall in reference to the Yindigs? Type of light? I'm ready for some new lights and those look pretty good to me.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by TiGeo View Post
    Tonight I used both my Yindings for the first time on my standard ~12 miles singeltrack slayer ride. Both the neutral white tint with my new cheap-o Amazon battery packs. I usually run my Gemini's which are the standard cool white LEDs. Wow. They really are noticeably easier on your eyes. I'm sold. Now, I'm not upgrading my Gemini's yet b/c they are great lights and to be honest, their tint is fine to me but if I were to buy new lights, I would definitely go with the neutral whites. You win. Forum light nerds 1, TiGeo 0.
    I'm pretty sure that most see it that way. Sure, I can ride with one of my old cool white lights, but now that I have neutrals, the cools are collecting dust. Next new build (CAD work is nearly done) will definitely be something like 4C tint.
    GoPro adapters for bike lights http://www.pacifier.com/~kevinb/index.html

RAKC
    Quote Originally Posted by jochribs View Post
    Tigriss,

where do the ITUO lights fall in reference to the Yindigs? Type of light? I'm ready for some new lights and those look pretty good to me.
    Neutral white, same tint visually if optics match. Stock yinding optics mess with the tint a little but yinding, nite fighters (when they were around) and so on are all about the same neutral white tint. 4700-5000K color temp.

You can see the tint and such rather well in the videos I've posted recently from my rides with a good cameras compared to my old stuff.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I prefer the term "light enthusiast" over "forum light nerd".

mtbr member
    luminary - a person who inspires or influences others, especially one prominent in a particular sphere

RAKC
    I prefer light geek myself but this "luminary" has a nice ring to it and the word itself sounds like it belongs here!

"Lumenary" : one who enlightens others to the ways of portable LED lighting.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    "Forum Light Nerd", FLN, descriptive and works for me.
    Mole

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I need to upgrade to NW lights. Riding the last few weeks at night, everything seems flat on the trail and it is hard to see definition with an XT40 on the helmet and Yinding on the bars - both cool white. I have ridden these trails dozens and dozens of times so that helps, but I am not seeing features as well as I used to. Plowing through things I should be hopping and darting around makes for some sloppy riding. More link pinball. Probably going towards Ituo as I can't hold out too much longer for the new light build.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman25 View Post
    I need to upgrade to NW lights. Riding the last few weeks at night, everything seems flat on the trail and it is hard to see definition with an XT40 on the helmet and Yinding on the bars - both cool white. I have ridden these trails dozens and dozens of times so that helps, but I am not seeing features as well as I used to. Plowing through things I should be hopping and darting around makes for some sloppy riding. More link pinball. Probably going towards Ituo as I can't hold out too much longer for the new light build.
    I've often wondered if just using a pair of "Polarized Night-riding glasses", would help when using lamps that are cool white. Not that I need to worry about that myself when I'm riding ( I have NW lamps ) but when I'm at work and driving at night I'd gladly wear a pair of clip-ons if they have the potential to cut down some of the glare from bright white lights. I'm thinking this could work for me ( for driving ), I just need to make sure I'm buying the real deal and not some cheap "yellowish fake" product. Looking on-line I'm seeing lenses that look a bit "yellow/orange-ish" and claim to be polarized. I'm thinking these are the real deal. Anyone with a bit more first-hand knowledge on this subject please feel free to comment on what I just said.

I like turtles
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMOLE View Post
    "Forum Light Nerd", FLN, descriptive and works for me.
    Mole
    Love it. And I hope you FLNs know I'm kidding around!
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2018 Niner RKT 9 RDO - enduro are #@$%

mtbr member
    Next step is high CRI