mtbr member
    Nov 2008

niterider pro 1400

Hi. Do you guys know the specs for the batteries this light uses? I know there are 6 and 8 cell li-ion. just wondering what voltage they run and what the capacity is.

thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Not sure. But just in case you are wanting to build your own pack, you mostly can't.
    Niterider puts their drivers in the battery packs so any new battery pack will need to be built with a driver to regulate current to the light head.
    Since they can run either a 6 or 8 cell then the voltage can only be the same with that number of cells if they are wired at 7.4 volts or 3.7 volts.
    Option two is niterider is using a buck converter then batteries could be 11.1 volts, 14.8 volts, or double that.
    Niterider batteries are proprietary, as are their connectors, chargers, mounts.
    Every spare part you will ever need they will be happy to sell you, but not cheaply.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    well there goes that idea. dang. their batteries are so damn expensive. i thought i could get buy a prebuilt pack to match the voltage for way cheaper than to buy a new battery. thanks

Formula 1
    this is what I did

I bought a pro 600 with the 6 cell battery for
    250+10shiping USD

and am eventually going to purchase the 1400 light head only

http://www.o2gearshop.com/catalog/pr...c=1&zmap=23134

130USD

Therefore I will have a Niterider to start with, with future upgrades available. Niterider is a system, with a battery tray, charger, dock, without the dock you can't charge your battery.

I just stay far far away from those crappy magicshines, that are absolutely horrible, and could burn down my house.