853+29+1x24=Fun

Niterider MOAB Battery Dead?

Hi,

I have a niterider MOAB that and I'm afraid that the battery might be dead. Press the button once and the LEDs come on, press the button again and the nothing from the HID. I see a red and green flashing light from the fuel gauge. Any ideas?

Thanks

mtbr member
    I am not sure if it is the battery or not, but from looking on Niterider's site real quick I saw this under most frequent questions:

Why do the LEDs on my HID light come on, but not the HID bulb?
    The problem might be the bulb itself or the light system's electronics. Contact NiteRider Customer Support at 1-800-466-8366, ext 4, to arrange service.

I used a NR cyclone HID, which had the little LEDs on it too, for several years and finally the battery run-time diminished so that it was not worth using any more. The cost of a replacement battery made it an easy choice to just switch over to all LED lights. I never missed the HID at all after that. The NR site also rates the output of your light at 350-400 lumens which is easy to surpass with todays LED lights or even some LED flashlights that you can also buy bicycle mounts for. Whether it is the battery, bulb, or whole lighthead that needs replacing on your Moaab, it is not going to be worth replacing any of it in my opinion. Still it can't hurt to at least call NR and see if they can tell you the exact part that is causing the problem by what the little LEDs are doing. Good Luck.

853+29+1x24=Fun
    Yeah I was kind of reaching that same opinion. Thanks for the input.