mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Niterider Minewt cordeless mount question

I picked up a Niterider minewt 150 cordless light.
    The light itself is really good, I have it mounted on my bars and along with my helmet light the illumination is great.

However the mount, my gosh what a piece of garbage, I honestly can't believe that any company would release a product like that to market, I think that I spent more time last night out on the trail trying to tighten/adjust the light then actually riding.

Ok after that long rant, my question is has anyone out there come up with some way to
    get this thing to stay on the bars?.
    I believe that this is the same mount as the 650, so any fixes for that should apply here as well.

mtbr member
    If you have the ratchet mount just replace it will the current version that has a screw adjustable clamp. I did this with my minewt 600, tons more secure and no more shaking beam.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Niterider Minewt cordeless mount question-nite_rider.jpg  

Is not amused
    I'm guessing this is the same mount as the 600 Minenewt. Not the new version. That being said I'll agree if it's the older version style mount it is hard to clamp down that it is secure enough. You could take out the rubber seal that comes with it and use an old tube that way you can clamp it down more.

A couple members came up with this:

Anyone using the Niterider Minewt 600 Cordless?

Anyone using the Niterider Minewt 600 Cordless?

The other thing you could do is to contact NR like "thatdrewguy" said and to see if you can get the new version if you don't have that one already. Another option would be if yours came with a helmet mount I would try that position if all else fails.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I am pretty sure that it is the older version even though it's a new light.
    That one with the screw looks great.
    I would be interested in getting one I guess I'll give Niterider a call, but I am hesitant to actually buy a new mount as Niterider should never have sold the lights with those mounts, the light is pretty much useless out of the box.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I have a friend with a MiNewt Cordless 350. It has the same crappy mount that won't tighten properly, which caused the light to point too high while in flash mode. It attracted the attention of a cop. A poster on RBR told me to tell him to email NiteRider and they will send him the new, better mount at no charge.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trener1 View Post
    I am pretty sure that it is the older version even though it's a new light.
    That one with the screw looks great.
    I would be interested in getting one I guess I'll give Niterider a call, but I am hesitant to actually buy a new mount as Niterider should never have sold the lights with those mounts, the light is pretty much useless out of the box.
    I recently purchased a new bike and contacted NiteRider to purchase a mount for my MiNewt 600. They sent me two new mounts (as pictured above) for free - one for the old ride and one for the new ride!!!

The old style mount fit my Cannondale F3 well so I never had a problem, however the new mount is a far superior design.

NiteRider has excellent customer care (as well as awesome products) and they have developed me as a very happy customer.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I did indeed get that new mount and I have to say that it made all of the difference.
    The new mount is rock solid, I did a ride the other night hit a few rock gardens, some big log jumps and the light didn't budge.
    The light itself was always very good, and now with the new mount I can actually use it.
    I have to give Niterider props for realizing they made a mistake and stepping up and correcting it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    That older mount sucked. Mine was attached to a bike that was stolen. I could never get it to work right. If the new mount works with the old lights I will have to pick one up.

Tappin' on the Kingphone.