Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Niterider Classic give-away

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  CharT 
#1 · (Edited)
Niterider Classic give-away, GONE!

Hi All,

I've got an old Niterider Classic lighting system that the NiMH battery won't charge probably because the smart charger can't detect the minimum voltage on the battery to start charging.

It's a complete system with top-tube mounted battery pack, handlebar quick release mount, extra bulbs and Batteryspace Smart Charger.

Anyone with the knowledge and means could either restore the battery or replace it with a new one. Since I'm not using it anymore, I'd be glad to ship it to the first person who wants it. I just ask that you cover shipping.

Sorry, I don't know why the pictures came out rotated the wrong way.

Cable Technology Electronic device Wire Ac adapter

Cable Technology Wire Electrical wiring Electrical supply

Grey Metal Steel Silver Household hardware

See less See more
#8 ·
Hey, I'd take this to save it from the e-waste and try modding it, but if anyone else chimes in that has a real burning desire to take it on, I'll gladly step aside.

Mighty kind of you to think of the community like this.

#11 ·
I rebuilt a battery for a nightsun halogen helmet light. It was pretty simple, actually. You can buy matched sub-c cells with solder tabs online. You just solder them in series and get some shrink wrap from the hobby store. It's like a brand new light. I think I spent around $35-$40 for new cells.

I also started using the battery with a Nightsun commuter special which was bolted to handlebars. Worked great. Then I started coming on here and I get bit by the LED bug. The Magicshine 808E with a remote from action led is vastly superior to the Nighsun and Turbocat I was using 15 years ago. I don't know what to do with all that old stuff.

You should be able to build a new battery no problem and then lend it out to a buddy who has never gone on nightrides.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.