Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Are Nitefighter and/or GearBest dead?

I love my BT40S light. I ordered it on the GearBest group buy over the summer and have used it a few times this fall. It's fantastic. Good battery, good beam, good brightness, and good mounts...for $39.

I like it enough that I want another (or a BT21) but it seems that either the Nitefighter or Gearbest connection has been broken. Discontinued product? Shady distributor? Company closing?

Is there a reliable source for Nitefighters now?

mtbr member
    Nov 2015

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinGT View Post
    I love my BT40S light. I ordered it on the GearBest group buy over the summer and have used it a few times this fall. It's fantastic. Good battery, good beam, good brightness, and good mounts...for $39.

I like it enough that I want another (or a BT21) but it seems that either the Nitefighter or Gearbest connection has been broken. Discontinued product? Shady distributor? Company closing?

Is there a reliable source for Nitefighters now?
    There are other sources. Kaidomain and Dealsmachine to name a few. "Availability"? and "reliability"? are the golden questions. If I were going to buy another Nitefighter lamp it would be from anyone but Gearbest...unless they were the only ones who had the product and I had no choice.

mtbr member
    Thanks.

Any non-Nitefighter options that may have a more reliable source? Can't beat the price/lumens of a Nitefighter at ~$40.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I hope not since I just placed an order.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Where did you hear that Gearbest wasn't carrying them anymore? BT21 still appears to be for sale there.

mtbr member
    Kevin, check out Amazon (us) for the "Revtronic" BT40S:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00R1J...XgL&ref=plSrch

Tigris already posted that Nitefighter had to change their name due to Streamlight having a fit. So Revtronic = Nitefighter.

-Garry

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by garrybunk View Post
    Tigris already posted that Nitefighter had to change their name due to Streamlight having a fit. So Revtronic = Nitefighter.
    I was offline for some time... Would you mind posting a link to that message?

mtbr member
    I can't find it right now. It doesn't appear to be in the big BT40S review thread, so it must be tucked away in another thread. Perhaps tigris99 will chime in.

-Garry

mtbr member
    Guys this has nothing to do with any company going under or anything else. Its a simple trademark conflict with Streamlight for the nitefighter name being used on amazon. So for what nitefighter sells on AMAZON ONLY is rebranded. It still nitefighter, just to avoid any further trademark conflicts.
    Trek Marlin 29er

Like It, Love It, Want Some More Of It!

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I have a BT21 on the way from Gearbest. It was backordered for whatever reason but that happens to stores all the time so I didn't think it was anything to be worried about.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    Guys this has nothing to do with any company going under or anything else. Its a simple trademark conflict with Streamlight for the nitefighter name being used on amazon. So for what nitefighter sells on AMAZON ONLY is rebranded. It still nitefighter, just to avoid any further trademark conflicts.
    Ok, thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    They keep on telling me I can delete my own order, and there is a trash-can icon, but I can't find it.

Also they deleted my ticket-request to delete everything from my previous order except for the battery, even though I placed a new order with more things. It seems clear they plan to run the clock out so they can mark it shipped so that they can say they can't make the change and I will end up with a double shipment.

I tried to live chat during their business hours many times, and it keeps on saying "
    Our agents are too busy to sever you now."

Too much stress to deal with them. I can't see ordering again. AliExpress is so easy. I placed an order for $13 impact shorts last night with free shipping by ePacket, and it is already marked shipped.

mtbr member
    Ahhh, nice... fast shipping. http://amzn.to/1NlgeZR

My neighbor bought the "revtronic" light and it seems really nice, didn't know about the name change, no idea about battery life tho....

Quote Originally Posted by garrybunk View Post
    Kevin, check out Amazon (us) for the "Revtronic" BT40S:

Amazon.com : Ultra Bright 1600 Lumens Rechargeable Mountain Bike Light : Sports & Outdoors

Tigris already posted that Nitefighter had to change their name due to Streamlight having a fit. So Revtronic = Nitefighter.-Garry

mtbr member
    It will be the same as this bt40s, they are the battery life will be the same as stated in this thread.
    Trek Marlin 29er

Like It, Love It, Want Some More Of It!

mtbr member
    Dealsmachine.com is still listing the Bt40 both with battery or lighthead only.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    They also list the BT21 and claim they ship it within 24 hours.

KgB
    SNGLSPD
    gearbest shows they have 30 BT21's, I ordered last week and it shows in transit already. they had 85 at the time I placed order.
    I've been inside too long.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I would question if they really have them in stock if they take a week to ship them. I think when they get an order, they order them from the maker, and when they come in, they reship them.

BTW, I see a BT21 listing on eBay that claims 1800 ANSI FL1 lumens. I was under the impression that they could not make 1800 ANSI lumens. If it is not 1800 lumens, they are really asking for someone to file a defect claim, and then the seller has to pay two-way shipping even if the return policy says buyer pays return shipping. Most likely they will settle for a partial refund. The solution is for them to not inflate the lumen value.

Although that is only a solution for honest people, as eBay buyers make false-defect claims to get partial refunds or to return things without paying for shipping.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rsilvers View Post
    BTW, I see a BT21 listing on eBay that claims 1800 ANSI FL1 lumens. I was under the impression that they could not make 1800 ANSI lumens.
    Do you mean they can't make the ANSI FL1 claim? Or that the light can't actually be 1800 lumens?

According to this old test (testing includes mounted on Aluminum vs. so many other testing done on copper only) an XM-L2 @ 2.8A puts out just under 1,000 lumens, so double that for the BT21 (which is driven at 2.8A per emitter at least with fresh battery pack). Keep in mind that test is without considering losses (in BT21's case for optics). If we assume it's 980 lumens @ 2.8A, then subtract 20% for losses (conservative), that's 784 per emitter, 1568 lumens total. Claiming 1,800 lumens is probably a bit high. 1800 lumens is possible if the optics really only cause 8% loss OR if they are using higher binned emitters than included in that test.

-Garry

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I am fine with the concept of estimating ANSI lumens in good faith based on the current, bin-lookup, and then removing 15%.

I was unaware of anyone thinking the BT-21 was an 1800 lumen light.

If it is a 1600 lumen light, that is awesome, and it makes me wonder why I got any ~1200 lumen Yindings at all. Why not only get BT21s for bar and helmet and change the optics to 10 degree for helmet use? Optics are only 80 cents a set. Is there anything better about the Yinding besides you can currently buy it without a battery kit?

In any case, looks like I am covered because GearBest won't edit my order down even though I requested it multiple times, so I will end up with three BT21s and two Yindings. Then I will sell the extra.

mtbr member
    If it is a 1600 lumen light, that is awesome, and it makes me wonder why I got any ~1200 lumen Yindings at all. Why not only get BT21s for bar and helmet and change the optics to 10 degree for helmet use? Optics are only 80 cents a set. Is there anything better about the Yinding besides you can currently buy it without a battery kit?
    The Yinding is easier to mod to XP-L's and/or add a remote switch for helmet use and is smaller / lighter. Depends on user's intentions.

That 2.8A per LED is based on battery pack draw and I am not sure of the actual current through the LEDs. In reality comparing otherwise identical lights, you'd be very hard pressed to see any difference between 1600 and 1800 lumens. It generally takes 4x the lumens to double the brightness seen by the naked eye.

-Garry

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    What benefit occurs when you modify to XPL? I looked it up and they seem to be about the same lumens per watt.

Looks like the Yinding is 59 grams the the BT21 is 65.

mtbr member
    What benefit occurs when you modify to XPL? I looked it up and they seem to be about the same lumens per watt.
    I meant XP-L HI emitters. They increase throw substantially. Pictures are worth a thousand words: see this link. Hopefully you can view the mouseovers correctly.

-Garry

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    The mouse-over where one shot looks like it is through a blue filter and monochrome, and the other is full color, is a stunning example of why chasing the highest lumens at the expense of light quality doesn't make sense.

Also it is pretty neat how the natural LED shows vegetation that is not visible with the cool LED.

You made some good arguments for the BT21 here:

"It's pretty much better than the Yinding all around. Better build quality, more mass for heat management, "off" out of the mode cycle, and a bit more output current"'

Seems like the Yinding does not have a usable daylight strobe mode and I don't think I would use a continuous light in the day.

Not having off in the cycle is a huge plus for the BT21.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast