mtbr member
    Nov 2013

Nite Rider Pro 3600 Light Issues

'morning everyone!

I have a Pro 3600 DIY and although I love the intensity I have some issues that are surprising given the $700 cost... does anyone else have any experience with this light?

1) no DIY software for Mac? I asked Nite Rider about this several months ago but never received a response;
    2) my battery only lasts 3 hours on the lowest setting, using only 1 lamp/bulb - is that normal?
    3) there is a connection between the cable from the lamp and the cable from the battery. If my knee so much as touches it while riding (or more typically while stopped at a light) the light goes out. Is this normal? The connection is very secure & tight but seems extremely sensitive.

'appreciate any input.

Cheers

RR68

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat68 View Post
    'morning everyone!

I have a Pro 3600 DIY and although I love the intensity I have some issues that are surprising given the $700 cost... does anyone else have any experience with this light?

1) no DIY software for Mac? I asked Nite Rider about this several months ago but never received a response;
    2) my battery only lasts 3 hours on the lowest setting, using only 1 lamp/bulb - is that normal?
    3) there is a connection between the cable from the lamp and the cable from the battery. If my knee so much as touches it while riding (or more typically while stopped at a light) the light goes out. Is this normal? The connection is very secure & tight but seems extremely sensitive.

'appreciate any input.

Cheers

RR68
    I had a Moab from 2005, only used it about 10 times and I experienced the same problem. It would actually just die on me during rides. I finally read about a recall and sent it back. They were very good at fixing it and I received it back promptly. I ended up selling it because a 350 lumen light these days does not count anymore!

The light head has not changed much so I guess you are having the same problem I had. The design of the connector from the light head is not that good and it tends to wear lose over time, and pretty easily. My GF had the same problem with her Niterider light.

The newer (2011 on I would say) NR ligths are so much better but it's sad to see they still have this problem.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    It sucks that you have issues with your light....CALL Nite Rider....they have some good people there

I doubt you will ever see MAc software,,,,,that's life.
    Your battery should last longer
    Move the connector to where your knee can't hit it....and tape it if it's that bad.