Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

Newly redesigned BikeRay-III is coming

After long and hard work, tests after tests on remodifications from current prototype Ray-III model sold by other(s), BikeRay USA finally got everything together on Ray-III, and will be available by end of this month.
    Take a visit to www.bikerayusa.com where you can see the pics, changes, specs beam shots, etc.
    Also offering pre-order discount.
    many parts & accessories are there to purchase along a new "Y" connector that can connect 2 batteries into one light to give 7+ hrs on High mode or 30+ hrs on Low mode.
    No more prototypes~!
    Excellent battery safety and life, Safety featured Charger, but without high price tag.
    Last edited by bikerayusa; 04-06-2011 at 01:59 AM.
    Team BikeRay USA
    LED Bike Lights

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Please consider other distribution methods also, rather than just selling direct. I'd prefer to keep small independents (Geoman) alive by buying through him.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderstruck
    Please consider other distribution methods also, rather than just selling direct. I'd prefer to keep small independents (Geoman) alive by buying through him.
    +1 on getting Geoman carrying these new and improved
    BUT I'm sorry but NO MORE CHEAP CHINESE BATTERIES I don't trust any battery made in china anymore JUNK...
    By the way Bikerayusa did you buy a ad here
    Last edited by Rakuman; 04-06-2011 at 08:51 AM.
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking

www.airbornemtb.org
    thats good news, i like that it uses the o-ring mount!
    Quote Originally Posted by HamfisT
    I understand that engineering has value in and of itself. But in the end, it's still just a pile of aluminum tubes.

HTFU!
    2nd (or 3rd) selling these through Geoman.
    I like what I have seen with this light, but regardless, I will most likely still purchase a 2nd battery from Geoman.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    So what exactly is different from the "prototypes" currently sold by GeoMan? And will it come with a crappy battery instead of the ones GeoMan ships? I'm all for saving $20 by pre-ordering but I'd rather get the right battery outright.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by max621
    So what exactly is different from the "prototypes" currently sold by GeoMan? And will it come with a crappy battery instead of the ones GeoMan ships? I'm all for saving $20 by pre-ordering but I'd rather get the right battery outright.
    Ya what he ^ said. I'm wanna pull a trigger on my first light but I don't want to wait another month.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by max621
    If you see our front page, and talk to our current BikeRay light users, I mean any of those bikeshops listed, over 400 current users, we haven't had any issues with Chinese made batteries. No argument over German made items not only battery but cars too.
    We learned from other's failures and success as well. What to learn, and what to avoid.
    Thats not just us, but with everyone as well.
    I explained this same issue over and over many times on mtbr. I am not making up or saying our battery is better or will do something it will not do.
    All I am saying is, it will do what we are standing for. Safer than MS issue, Safer than any China made batteries, and we have tested them over and over in many different environments and it withstanded most of abuse and beyond of what we can through at it.

That is okey for us if you want to buy from Geoman battery or anyother mid companies battery. But we are not selling any crapy Chinese made battery. It provided sefety features what we were looking for.
    Team BikeRay USA
    LED Bike Lights

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IMHO
    2nd (or 3rd) selling these through Geoman.
    I like what I have seen with this light, but regardless, I will most likely still purchase a 2nd battery from Geoman.
    No problem~!
    I rather drive a german car, than sushi too.
    It will give me all the luxury and safety, but got to spend some extra $.
    Team BikeRay USA
    LED Bike Lights

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderstruck
    Thats just fine. Buy from him.
    I don't mind at all. If I did, I probably caused some serious mess already.
    We are factory direct for USA and will do everything possible to keep the name high.
    Team BikeRay USA
    LED Bike Lights

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nick d
    thats good news, i like that it uses the o-ring mount!
    Hey Nick~!
    Yap, we finally got everything together. Even safer battery than before, safer charger, lighter, smaller, well balanced, ... actually, it is lighter and smaller than ray-I or II., yet brighter.
    Let me know if you want to try it out one day...
    I will be glad to let you try it.
    Team BikeRay USA
    LED Bike Lights

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerayusa
    If you see our front page, and talk to our current BikeRay light users, I mean any of those bikeshops listed, over 400 current users, we haven't had any issues with Chinese made batteries. No argument over German made items not only battery but cars too.
    We learned from other's failures and success as well. What to learn, and what to avoid.
    Thats not just us, but with everyone as well.
    I explained this same issue over and over many times on mtbr. I am not making up or saying our battery is better or will do something it will not do.
    All I am saying is, it will do what we are standing for. Safer than MS issue, Safer than any China made batteries, and we have tested them over and over in many different environments and it withstanded most of abuse and beyond of what we can through at it.

That is okey for us if you want to buy from Geoman battery or anyother mid companies battery. But we are not selling any crapy Chinese made battery. It provided sefety features what we were looking for.

So you are saying these are not Chinese made batteries if not WHO manufactures them . Please post there spec sheets and UL #
    Also you state you have a whole 400 happy customers using these NOT Chinese batteries exactly how long have these 400 people been using them a couple of months maybe?
    and what new safety feature have you built in these non Chinese batteries
    Oh also Did you buy an AD Yet or should this be considered SPAM...
    Last edited by Rakuman; 04-06-2011 at 03:37 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakuman
    So you are saying these are not Chinese made batteries if not WHO manufactures them . Please post there spec sheets and UL #
    Also you state you have a whole 400 happy customers using these NOT Chinese batteries exactly how long have these 400 people been using them a couple of months maybe?
    and what new safety feature have you built in these non Chinese batteries
    Oh also Did you buy an AD Yet or should this be considered SPAM...
    Hey Rakuman,
    I am not here to argue with you at all.
    oh, about the ad, yes, I did.
    Thank you.
    Team BikeRay USA
    LED Bike Lights

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerayusa
    Hey Rakuman,
    I am not here to argue with you at all.
    oh, about the ad, yes, I did.
    Thank you.
    Thanks for buying an AD now you are not spaming
    Now as a consumer I myself and I am sure a lot of your potential customers are wondering as to the credibility of your batteries we have heard countless stories of new and improved and they all turn out to be horsesh*t you are not going to sell many lights on here unless you can verify the source and specs and UL # of these batteries.
    No arguing just asking for some facts
    Last edited by Rakuman; 04-06-2011 at 04:28 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakuman
    Congrats on the ad MY BAD
    Now as a consumer I myself and I am sure a lot of your potential customers are wondering as to the credibility of your batteries we have heard countless stories of new and improved and they all turn out to be horsesh*t you are not going to sell many lights on here unless you can verify the source and specs and UL # of these batteries.
    No arguing just asking for some facts
    First, I don't use mtbr as our main source to sell lights, that is if any.
    This site is just info site for us.
    Our main consumers are who tired all other lights, I mean most of lights, and tried ours as an alternative, but ended up loving it.

Releasing more infos will cause more damages to many others including your loving ones...
    So, this is where I will end this conversation. I am sure your friends will understand and agree with me.
    Team BikeRay USA
    LED Bike Lights

mtbr member
    No message Im a DORK
    Last edited by Rakuman; 04-07-2011 at 11:53 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Wow this is getting vicious. All I'm still wondering is...... I have seen both "editions" of br3. The only difference I'm seeing( and correct me if I'm wrong) is that the prototype is a bit bigger, and cost at the moment 20 bux more with the "mid" man. Now I'm not try to get roid rage like a few on here I just want to buy my first light asap, its getn humid in the south. So these batteries for the new bk3 are different from ur prototype in what way? I get ur company's tryn to make a buck, but were on the ol mountain bike friends forum where we all love each other and help one another. So can that guy tell me if its really worth the wait for the "new" one. Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by heathcoat
    Wow this is getting vicious. All I'm still wondering is...... I have seen both "editions" of br3. The only difference I'm seeing( and correct me if I'm wrong) is that the prototype is a bit bigger, and cost at the moment 20 bux more with the "mid" man. Now I'm not try to get roid rage like a few on here I just want to buy my first light asap, its getn humid in the south. So these batteries for the new bk3 are different from ur prototype in what way? I get ur company's tryn to make a buck, but were on the ol mountain bike friends forum where we all love each other and help one another. So can that guy tell me if its really worth the wait for the "new" one. Thanks
    No worries here I was just asking this guy tell us about his batteries which now days can be a deal breaker
    . I have a bikeray III and love them for the bars but you need to pair it with helmet light to get the full effect.
    now back to the battery issue the fact that bikeray usa does not want to give any info about his batteries leads me to suspect their quality.
    Who you buy this light from is of no concern of mine but when someone does not want to discuss an important piece of there package speaks volumes
    Last edited by Rakuman; 04-06-2011 at 07:12 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Me me me me. When did this become only about you. And who said I was even refering to you too........was it obvious(mr.roid rage)? I get what ur about, but ur just so angry. Grrrrrrrr. U catch more flys with honey then with hotsauce.

Anywho. What's the low down?

mtbr member
    Me me me me. When did this become only about you. And who said I was even refering to you too........was it obvious(mr.roid rage)? I get what ur about, but ur just so angry. Grrrrrrrr. U catch more flys with honey then with hotsauce.

Anywho. What's the low down?
    You got me all wrong SON
    That's whats so funny about the internet you cannot see the smile on someones face as they type...
    was it this or this that made you think I was mad.
    sometimes I debate aggressively to make a point, But no no anger here there's nothing to get angry about
    for the lowdown just buy it from Geoman and you will get a quality battery this other guy who knows and you will get..
    the only difference I can see is the housing is smaller on the new one which could mean it could get hotter sooner less surface area to radiate heat and the O ring bar set up which is kind of nice
    Last edited by Rakuman; 04-06-2011 at 10:05 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Ok whatever, ur a random. Let's just switch up tactics...... Good cop, bad cop. Its obvoius who is who.

mtbr member
    Ok whatever, ur a random. Let's just switch up tactics...... Good cop, bad cop. Its obvoius who is who.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    My confusion stemmed from this line on the website basically:
    "It will be shorter, lighter, easy rubber ring mount, better balanced mounting system, better water protection, and with a rubber coated battery pack with safety chip that will last without high price tag"

I wasn't sure if it was being compared to BikeRay II or the prototype. Based on bikeray's comments here, it sounds like the line is talking about the improvements over the prototype. I think you guys should make that a little more clear on your website

Phil from San Diego
    I've exchanged a few emails with Patrick at BikeRay and placed my order for 2 sets of the new BR3's.

Been in the market and shopping for lights the past few months since I sold my NiteRider Firestorm to a buddy. Was about ready to pull the trigger on Exposure's 1200 lumen light for $500! but also been very curious about all these new lights popping up.. MS, Gemini, Cyclops, Light and Go... etc.

Ended up going with BikeRay's because of the light design, lumen output, price and run time. I have a good feeling that they are a solid company and after the emails where he told me their warrenty/return policy, I'm 100% re-assured in my choice to purchase the BR3s.

I know some people are still paranoid about the battery issue but I'm sure that's got to be resolved by now so I'm not worried about it.

Anyway, I should get them by the end of the month.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    How about we take Rakuman's keyboard away for a while until he simmers down? You're more than obnoxious guy.

Your the type of dork that scares away venders from displaying their wears on line. I like to see new stuff so quick trying to put guys in time out for sharing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast