mtbr member
    Aug 2013

New to MTBR as of...now! But full disclosure...I work for a bike distribution company

Hey guys,

I'm brand new to MTBR. I actually signed up to post an ad (selling my Jamis Dakota Elite MTB), but I saw this thread and had to post.

At Cantitoe Road we're selling this baby:

Trelock LS 950 Control Ion

It's the brightest cross country light I've ever ridden. It last 6 hours on 70 LUX and it's USB rechargeable. Boom.

Not trying to pitch, but if we could get some discussion going, I'd love to hear what people think upon checking it out.

Cool, I'm out...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shaner87 View Post
    Not trying to pitch, but if we could get some discussion going, I'd love to hear what people think upon checking it out.
    Looks better here:
    Trelock LS 950 CONTROL ION battery front light at a low price in the online bike shop www.rosebikes.com
    Or here:
    Bike24 - Trelock LS 950 ION Front Light - black

ps, welcome to MTBR
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shaner87 View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm brand new to MTBR. I actually signed up to post an ad (selling my Jamis Dakota Elite MTB), but I saw this thread and had to post.

At Cantitoe Road we're selling this baby:

Trelock LS 950 Control Ion

It's the brightest cross country light I've ever ridden. It last 6 hours on 70 LUX and it's USB rechargeable. Boom.

Cool, I'm out...
    Seeing that you admit you are a "seller" , I have to tell you what you are doing is wrong. Taking out an ad to sell a bike doesn't give you the right to hawk products being sold for the company you work for. Don't be surprised if the moderators remove the thread.

Then again this kind of stuff is likely done on a regular basis by people who aren't so honest. Interesting lamp. After reading the reviews: Needs a better mount and twice the output but other than that a very nice design. I could live with 3 hrs on high if the lamp had more output. At the current output I wouldn't pay more than $175 for this lamp.

Questions (?)....Is there an option to run the lamp with an external battery (?) or ( put another way ) will the lamp operate while being plugged into an external USB power source?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    At the current output I wouldn't pay more than $175 for this lamp.
    Did you follow my links Cat?
    DIY LED Bike Lights:
    A few Dynamo builds and some Small battery lights

mtbr member
    Sounds like a pitch to me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by znomit View Post
    Did you follow my links Cat?
    Uhh... ..no, sorry I didn't . After doing the conversion to USD that is a much better price. Likely another $20 to ship it but still a much more reasonable price.

( **alternative response: Huh? Links? What freaking links?
    I don't see no freaking links.....Oh wait....Oh you mean THOSE links. Those are EURO links...they don't count..... )

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Might be good for the road, but I couldn't see going off road with this. The mount looks like it would rotate. It also looks like it's made of plastic, so it could crack open if you crash it.

The optics are really cool, we need more designs with something like this. I would be hesitant to spend $200 on it.