r29
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010

New to the lighting stuff

Look for a light that does not require wire/ external battery.

Do not want to drop a lot either.

Fairly new all this top-end light stuff.

Looking for something that will light the trail fairly good.
    single-track hardpack stuff

mtbr member
    May 2005

mtbr member
    how much is "a lot" to drop?

Solarforce flashlights, some 18650 LI rechargeables, and some mounts. you might blast 600+ lumens with three lights for under $100 like that.

mtbr member
    I agree with Vancbiker and Mack_Turtle, the Exposure Lights systems are super cool for more of a higher end light that would probably last quite a while or you could go with a few less expensive torch type lights. The reason I say a few is because you'll want back up with those lights, plus you'll get more light. Maybe put one on the bars, one on your helmet, and a spare in your hydration pack. That will be a far better set up than what I started with back in 1994.

mtbr member
    I run 3 mc-e torches and 18650 batteries, great lighting for under $100 shipped from DX. There are several options along that route.
    KHS
    Motobecane
    Fisher
    Kona

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJETT
    I run 3 mc-e torches and 18650 batteries, great lighting for under $100 shipped from DX. There are several options along that route.
    Hey SuperJETT (I love stand-ups too) anyway, which models have you had the best luck with? What mount did you get?

mtbr member
    These are my first, but they work great. 39359 is the stock # I think and I'm using 2 of the velcro double fish mounts for the bars plus a regular velcro strap for my helmet. I do want a bit more of a spot for my helmet but with our tight trails here where you can rarely see 50' in a straight line they're great really.

Are you on x-h2o.com?
    KHS
    Motobecane
    Fisher
    Kona

r29
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    under 200 dollar i guess. or best bang for the buck

mtbr member
    Hey r29, I don't know if you have an old system to trade in but we do have a Trade-Up program that would bring a $298.95 Baja Designs Strykr system to $198.95.

The Strykr comes with a lifetime warranty on the light head and electronics and a two year warranty on the battery and as far customer service goes we are almost always available. I don't know if you are big into 12 or 24hr racing but we will be a most mid-large sized events this year to support racers running Baja Designs light systems.

Our Facebook page is: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/bajadesigns.bicycle

The FB page will give you somewhat of an idea of what our company is all about and why we do what we do.

You can check the reviews for yourself here on MTBR.com and if it sounds like something you'd like to do we can get you all set up. Let me know if you have any questions.

Shannon

r29
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Hi Shannon,

I do not have an old system to trade in.

Currently have normal commuter lights. I am looking to do some night riding in the spring/summer time.

I live in Toronto Ontario Canada.

Fairly new to whole mountain biking and lighting business. Have no idea where to begin with lights.

Diagnosed with MTB.
    Hello,

I think the best way to decide on which light to buy is to check this forum history, as it is the most active when it comes to Bike Lights.

Of course, as a manufacturer of Bike Lights, our opinion is also biased so we better keep silent.
    You can have a look in our website or search the word Gemini in this forum and find some reviews and comments from members.

On behalf of the Gemini Team
    Vag
    p.s.: we ship from Victoria-Canada

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by r29
    Hi Shannon,

I do not have an old system to trade in.

Currently have normal commuter lights. I am looking to do some night riding in the spring/summer time.

I live in Toronto Ontario Canada.

Fairly new to whole mountain biking and lighting business. Have no idea where to begin with lights.

No worries r29, we can get you set up with a system that fits your budget if you'd like. My email is Shannon@BajaDesigns.com if that may be something you are interested in.

Shannon