Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Think I'll pull the trigger on this for that price.

Anyone have some thoughts on how this Duo might compare to the MS 856 (872 clone in different housing).

I run the 856 on the bars with a Xera on the helmet with a 2 cell. Maybe the Duo would be better on the helmet? Thoughts
    Helmet!! not a fan of double xmls on the bars been there done that.
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    The Duo looks almost like a Gloworm X2 clone. More than likely it should have a similar beam pattern depending on what optic they chose to go with. I've yet to try my GW on the helmet ( as it is my go to bar lamp ). The thing about lamps that use optics ( vs. reflectors ) is that there is always going to be the issue of center throw intensity vs. total beam spread. As I see it reflectors seem to be able to deliver better center ( spot ) throw. This doesn't mean that optics can't work, it just means you need the right optic and enough emitters to compensate for lack of a true hot spot. Whither the Duo is able to do this is anyone's guess.

Looks like I'm gonna have to test the Gloworm on the helmet just for curiosities sake.
    How could it be a Gloworm clone when the gloworm is a Lupine Piko clone? Just sayin'...
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakuman View Post
    Helmet!! not a fan of double xmls on the bars been there done that.
    Could you expand on that a bit about the double XML's on the bar (so I don't have to dig through your posts ) FWIW I almost never run my 856 over the #2 setting.

Honestly I was thinking helmet myself IF it throws further than the Xera with the spot (which I have not tried yet but will tonight). Jim from Action LED said the Duo will have a slightly wider beam than the Xera which is fine as long as it throws further. Even with a 2 cell it should be fine with run time and I also have a spare 2 cell I can carry if needed.
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Honestly I was thinking helmet myself IF it throws further than the Xera with the spot (which I have not tried yet but will tonight). Jim from Action LED said the Duo will have a slightly wider beam than the Xera which is fine as long as it throws further. Even with a 2 cell it should be fine with run time and I also have a spare 2 cell I can carry if needed.[/QUOTE]

If you get on the Gemini website and click on "Explore" @ the top of the page, and then click on "Light tests and beam shots" it shows beamshots of all Gemini's lights and optic options. I'm not sure you'll get more throw from the Due than the spot Xera, but to me it looks braoder and more useful at max throw. If your interested in more throw let Gemini know. If we show enough interest it might help convince Gemini to offer a spot optic option on this light.
    Mole

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMOLE View Post
    If you get on the Gemini website and click on "Explore" @ the top of the page, and then click on "Light tests and beam shots" it shows beamshots of all Gemini's lights and optic options. I'm not sure you'll get more throw from the Due than the spot Xera, but to me it looks braoder and more useful at max throw. If your interested in more throw let Gemini know. If we show enough interest it might help convince Gemini to offer a spot optic option on this light.
    Mole
    Mole, that's a good page to look at and how they laid it out to compare. Thanks

Looks nice with a bit more throw and certainly better in the 840 setting vs the 850 setting of the Xera. Decisions decisions...

Here's the link for others to look at.
    Light Tests & Beam Shots | Gemini Lights

mtbr member
    Got one on order and will give a basic review when I get it. rumors of a spot lens being considered

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakuman View Post
    Got one on order and will give a basic review when I get it. rumors of a spot lens being considered
    Ordered one as well for the $116 price (just the light head and o-rings).

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    "AVAILABLE OCT. 8th! Pre-orders being accepted
    For got to factor in National Day holiday all week in China. Projected arrival now Oct. 15th"

Aaarrrggggh! Toss in a spot lens and we'll call it even.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    For got to factor in National Day holiday all week in China. Projected arrival now Oct. 15th"

Gemini always does this. Considering how well they do everything else I'm not going to complain. Like you I'll just say Aaarrrgggh and be happy when I get my light. I've been switching between the Xera and Olympia for a helmet light but I think this light will better suit my needs. Besides I already own (2) Titans, (1) Xera, and (2) Olympia's and I need to complete the set.
    Mole

mtbr member
    I'm going to be getting the Duo with the 2-cell battery kit. I'm planning to mount it on the helmet, paired with my MJ-872 on the bars. Run time is a little low with the 2-cell (1.5 hours on 100%), but it should suffice as I generally only run the bar light at 50% for climbing. My main motivation is to get the whole setup on the helmet so I don't have to worry about cords anymore!
    "Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

We may get them a little sooner...."IN STOCK AND READY FOR IMMEDIATE SHIPMENT."

Does immediate mean today?

Yes, I'm impatient as always.

mtbr member

That's good news Ive been counting down the days

Action LED Lights

Yes, that means Today

They are out for delivery with DHL so I'm not sure what time but we will work late to make sure they are out the door before we go home.
    (I'm getting a new bike today too so that's a real sacrifice putting off setting it up for a first ride.)
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Action LED Lights View Post
    ...(I'm getting a new bike today too so that's a real sacrifice putting off setting it up for a first ride.)
    Thanks for "taking one for the team"

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Action LED Lights View Post
    Yes, that means Today

They are out for delivery with DHL so I'm not sure what time but we will work late to make sure they are out the door before we go home.
    (I'm getting a new bike today too so that's a real sacrifice putting off setting it up for a first ride.)
    Yippee...a nice surprise for sure

Jim, what bike did you get?

I'm going to be getting the Duo with the 2-cell battery kit. I'm planning to mount it on the helmet, paired with my MJ-872 on the bars. Run time is a little low with the 2-cell (1.5 hours on 100%), but it should suffice as I generally only run the bar light at 50% for climbing. My main motivation is to get the whole setup on the helmet so I don't have to worry about cords anymore!
    Cool, we'll be running the same setup (well, I have the 856 version of the 872). Love the little 2 cell and don't really notice it at all on the back of the helmet. Not concerned about run time with the Duo but I do have a spare 2 cell for longer rides or if it becomes an issue which I doubt.

Action LED Lights
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    Yippee...a nice surprise for sure

Jim, what bike did you get?
    Got a refresh on my road bike since my Trek Madone got swiped out of my garage.
    At least my Home-Owners insurance covered it.

Got myself a Motobecane Le Champion Ti Inferno
    Jim Harger
    Action LED Lights
    www.action-led-lights.com

mtbr member
    May 2005
    True to his word...

Shipping confirmation for my Duo received!

Thanks Jim

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Just got an email today with the tracking number

Lets hope it gets here monday so I can charge it up for the Tuesday Nights ride.

I can't tell you how excited I am

mtbr member
    One on the way!!!! I think paired with the Olyimpia that my search may be over...

TCW
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Anyone received their Duo and tried it? I gots to know !!!

mtbr member
    I'd like to know how well it works with a geomangear pack. My Xera's didn't co-operate with the voltage cutoff and would shut down or flash after just have the pack was used. Maybe the Duo doesn't do that?
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Just unwrapped mine dang this thing is small
    More to come

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by TCW View Post
    Anyone received their Duo and tried it? I gots to know !!!
    Possibly tonight. Heading to my PO Box now to hopefully find it waiting.

mtbr member
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

mtbr member
    Its light enough you can move it to the front of your helmet this thing is SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tonight's ride will be the true test
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast